Ladies only: What makes the perfect girlfriend?

Options

Replies

• FitWithWit44
    FitWithWit44 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I think the perfect girlfriend is somebody who has a healthy individual life alongside a healthy shared life with her S.O. She doesn't try to restrict or control how the other person spends their time or resources, is straightforward about how she feels instead of expecting her S.O. to "just know," and is willing to listen silently to her partner's side of disagreements while striving to compromise and come to an understanding with him/her instead of focusing on who was right/wrong. She believes in each person in the relationship having their own privacy and individuality so she doesn't get upset when her partner goes out with friends and she doesn't go through his/her texts/voicemails/e-mails, etc.

I truly think that it isn't just a "perfect girlfriend" though. . . the relationship has to be healthy and both parties need to be able to trust each other, work toward compromise and focus on growing as individuals as well as focusing on growing their relationship. If the partner is constantly cheating, while it is STILL wrong (imo) for her to go through their text messages and e-mails, she certainly can't trust the person and the whole relationship is going to be crappy no matter what.. . . again, just my opinion. Seriously, just gtfo of the relationship if you can't trust somebody to the point where you feel the need to constantly check on and control your partner. My coworkers talk about checking their S.O.'s phones constantly like that is normal, healthy behavior while I sit there, appalled. wtf?

You have it together...young lady. :flowerforyou:

And she has cupcakes! :love:
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Sexy yet low maintenance, sporty, strong, and athletic but still feminine, confident yet not arrogant, kind and compassionate but not a door mat, opinionated and independent but willing and able to compromise, grateful and appreciative, driven and determined, able to vocalize wants/needs
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    You only want to hear from staight ladies? I guess you can count me out. I'm curvy. Plus, I like girls as much as I do guys. Even more so at the moment, lol.

Yes you have the best of both worlds...
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    a human being who loves and respects you, and loves and respects herself.

What kinda question is this?!?!
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    Sexy yet low maintenance, sporty, strong, and athletic but still feminine, confident yet not arrogant, kind and compassionate but not a door mat, opinionated and independent but willing and able to compromise, grateful and appreciative, driven and determined, able to vocalize wants/needs

You just powered up in my "diggin yah" arcade game.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You only want to hear from staight ladies? I guess you can count me out. I'm curvy. Plus, I like girls as much as I do guys. Even more so at the moment, lol.

Yeah.... I'm right there with ya
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    Im confused you asked "Ladies only: What makes the perfect girlfriend?" and then said "Ladies if you are into females, please refrain from answering the question"

do you want me to answer or refrain lol

Perhaps I should of said straight ladies as no lesbian, bi, pan, etc... might answer the question easier since they have/had girlfriends.

oh then I gues disregard my comments. Didn't know my opinion didn't mattered because I'm not straight.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I think the perfect girlfriend is somebody who has a healthy individual life alongside a healthy shared life with her S.O. She doesn't try to restrict or control how the other person spends their time or resources, is straightforward about how she feels instead of expecting her S.O. to "just know," and is willing to listen silently to her partner's side of disagreements while striving to compromise and come to an understanding with him/her instead of focusing on who was right/wrong. She believes in each person in the relationship having their own privacy and individuality so she doesn't get upset when her partner goes out with friends and she doesn't go through his/her texts/voicemails/e-mails, etc.

I truly think that it isn't just a "perfect girlfriend" though. . . the relationship has to be healthy and both parties need to be able to trust each other, work toward compromise and focus on growing as individuals as well as focusing on growing their relationship. If the partner is constantly cheating, while it is STILL wrong (imo) for her to go through their text messages and e-mails, she certainly can't trust the person and the whole relationship is going to be crappy no matter what.. . . again, just my opinion. Seriously, just gtfo of the relationship if you can't trust somebody to the point where you feel the need to constantly check on and control your partner. My coworkers talk about checking their S.O.'s phones constantly like that is normal, healthy behavior while I sit there, appalled. wtf?

^this
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Someone with whom I can mock others. Then go shopping.
    You. I like you.

Also, can we play video games in pajamas and eat twinkies?
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Food, sex, silence.
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    Im confused you asked "Ladies only: What makes the perfect girlfriend?" and then said "Ladies if you are into females, please refrain from answering the question"

do you want me to answer or refrain lol

Perhaps I should of said straight ladies as no lesbian, bi, pan, etc... might answer the question easier since they have/had girlfriends.

oh then I gues disregard my comments. Didn't know my opinion didn't mattered because I'm not straight.

Your opinion matters, just you have an advantage for being you.:flowerforyou:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

Yeah.... I'm right there with ya

+2
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

^this

I think this applies to both men and women. But i'm into both so maybe my opinion doesn't matter. LOL.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Food, sex, silence.

:drinker:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Confused....do you want straight women to tell you what makes a great female friend, what they think a good girlfriend for a guy would be, or what?

I'm with you brother...
    33tttg9.jpg
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I actually revealed to my boyfriend last night my master plan to get him into more commitment.

It is to give him um, you know what, whenever he wants it, and to cook him lots of Paleo food.

He seems to think it's fine so far, but he still not wanting to live together.

We'll have to see how it goes.
  • luvmydawgs
    luvmydawgs Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I think the perfect girlfriend is someone who is self confident, but allow her man to take care of her. Someone who is in to whatever her boyfriend is, or learns to love it, for me it was football. She makes him want to spend time with her and include her in activities with his friends. She allows him to have guys nights without jealously (within reason). She is kind to his family and learns to love his mom.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Is the correct answer... "Stuff"??
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Someone with whom I can mock others. Then go shopping.

:flowerforyou: