How much weight to lose to get down one size?

Options
2»

Replies

• RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    It depends on your height, and how you distribute your weight. I've lost 11 pounds so far and I'm still wearing the same size.

I know from prior experience that if and when I lose the 50 pounds I want to lose, I will go from the tight size 16 I am now, to a just right size 10. But who knows? Maybe I'll lose all the weight in my toes this time and I'll still wear the same size of jeans. :)

I'm pretty tall for a woman I think 5'11" and most of all of my weight is around my mid-section. I get what you are saying however. It's sad that all of this is making me hope that even though I'll achieve my goal I probably still won't have nice clothes to wear on my trip.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

Thanks I figure that weights will help with this. I'm lifting weights along with cardio hoping exactly for this. Basically hoping to see inches lost and not necessarily weight.

I'm not sure if anyone can help me with this but I'm lifting weights along with cardio. I thought at first this would accomplish muscle to be built but earlier today was told I can't build muscle while eating at deficit.

I guess my question then is. Will lifting weight while trying to loose weight accomplish a lost in inches faster than just cardio?

Normally you can not gain muscle while in a deficient EXCEPT when just starting to lift. It won't be a ton but definitely enough to make a difference. From the different things I have read this is the one and only time it could happen, so best to take advantage.
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 lbs and I am still in some of the same clothing as before. There is absolutely no way to predict.

Me too... my jeans are definitely looser, but I don't think I'd fit into the next size down very well - it would be tight.

I think it really depends on body type. I have hips - no matter how "skinny" I might get, I'm still going to have hips that would never fit into a size 2. Not even close. I have one pair of pants that are a size 6 - those pants, though, I think are "vanity sized" - and they're tight in the hips.
  • heathercicle
    heathercicle Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    First, I'm down about 50lbs. I went from a snug size 16 jeans to a loose 14/slim with that difference. I'm "pear shaped", so my shirts are usually a medium, with a noticeable difference between my waist and hips at around a large in workout pants. (I used to wear a medium/large shirt with XL workout pants.)

I also think it's hard to predict, but maybe it's because of my shape.

Good luck with your goals!