What's the rudest thing anyone has ever said about your weig

Options
Mine is....I was at a movie theater about a year ago, and some idiot told me...."Move your fat a*s...I can't get through the aisle!":noway: I almost burst into tears...people can be so rude and hateful.

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Mine is....I was at a movie theater about a year ago, and some idiot told me...."Move your fat a*s...I can't get through the aisle!":noway: I almost burst into tears...people can be so rude and hateful.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    When I was about 8 years old I used to love going to the public pool to swim. One day while i was standing on the diving board a bunch of kids started yelling, 'hey look, Flabio.'

To this day I wear a tshirt when I swim.
  • healthychic
    healthychic Posts: 298
    Options
    that makes me so mad, people don't realize that stuff sticks with you.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    In choir in school once "why does that fat b*tch get all the solos?" (snarky girl who was talking about me to another girl, but knew I could hear her).

In a triumph for the shy girl (my first real "diva" moment) I looked right at her and said "as long as you want them so badly, this fat b*tch will audition for all of them." then I smiled and walked away. She never did get a solo. . . and she's still mean. I'm not fat anymore. So there.:wink:
  • bodibykelli
    bodibykelli Posts: 135
    Options
    Probably my Grandmother (nasty old woman!).....told me I would never get married when I grew up because I was so fat!
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    When I was about 8 years old I used to love going to the public pool to swim. One day while i was standing on the diving board a bunch of kids started yelling, 'hey look, Flabio.'

To this day I wear a tshirt when I swim.

awww...it makes me mad enough to hear people talking crap about ADULTS who are overweight...those kids better be glad I wasn't there, I would have given them what-for!
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    In choir in school once "why does that fat b*tch get all the solos?" (snarky girl who was talking about me to another girl, but knew I could hear her).

In a triumph for the shy girl (my first real "diva" moment) I looked right at her and said "as long as you want them so badly, this fat b*tch will audition for all of them." then I smiled and walked away. She never did get a solo. . . and she's still mean. I'm not fat anymore. So there.:wink:

^5 on that one!!!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    When the skinny girls would ask me to wear their jeans to "stretch them out"....
  • greekgyrl02
    greekgyrl02 Posts: 123
    Options
    Im pretty lean but every now and then when I get lazy I tend to gain some in my love handle dept...and my family will catch it and say mean things. Its hard for me because being so lean when you gain even 2 lbs its noticable...blaaahhh
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    When I was 21 I had a boyfriend tell me I could look like a Playboy model if I'd take up running. My response "Well, what's going to help you?" We didn't date after that, now YEARS later I look fabulous and, well he, uh not so much:laugh:
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    Im pretty lean but every now and then when I get lazy I tend to gain some in my love handle dept...and my family will catch it and say mean things. Its hard for me because being so lean when you gain even 2 lbs its noticable...blaaahhh

Next time that happens, tell them to go piss up a rope!:laugh:
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    WHAT??? If that's you on your pic, uh HELLO!?!?! Your family has to be "hatin' " 'cause they're jealous.Honey you look fantastic!!! I wouldn't stress over those mean comments:flowerforyou:
  • tlitzner
    tlitzner Posts: 124
    Options
    I was taking care of some banking and the teller asked to see identification. When she looked at my ID she looked up at me and said "Wow, you got fat since this picture was taken". I had no words.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread. This is like free therapy.

I have a few things that have said to me.

When I was about 8, my grand-father used to say that he loved fat girls and that's why he loved me so much. I was maybe 10lbs more than the average child so that was pretty damaging. I know he didn't do intentionally to hurt me but I'm 36 now and I remember it like it was yesterday.

I had a "best" friend when I was about 13 and she used to make comments about my weight all the time. Again I was only about 10lbs or so heavier than her. She used to make jokes about me being too heavy to go swimming and how fat I was. The funny thing is she used to say it when she thought I wasn't listening but obviously I heard.

The popular one, you have such a pretty face.

I was told once that I should really take up running and make use of my big thighs!!!

My friend and I were walking one day outside and a bunch of guys started yelling that they love big butts. I was really offended cuz I really didn't think my butt was big at the time.

I'm sure there is a ton more but I stick with this for now. lol
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    My cousin's wife is the jealous type, she does not want you to succeed at something she can't. Anyway after having my first baby (13 yrs ago) I had gained 60 lbs, and had just taken off about 10 of that. I was talking to her on the phone one night and she says to me " wow Brad (my cousin) can't believe how much weight you've gained, are you ever big now" Well she weighed probably 100lbs before she got pregnant with her baby, and by the time she was done she weighed 250 lbs. So because she was mad at herself, she thought she'd make me feel just as bad as she did. If it had of been any one else saying this it would have killed me, but things she says to me sting for a minute, then I remember the type of hateful hurtful person she is!!
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    I was taking care of some banking and the teller asked to see identification. When she looked at my ID she looked up at me and said "Wow, you got fat since this picture was taken". I had no words.

Oh, gosh...Someone would have had to hold me back from kicking her butt!
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    It's horrible what people say!!!

This didn't happen to me, but it happened to my mom. When my mom was first losing weight (she started at about 300 lbs.) she would walk around the neighborhood. She was out one night walking and came home with egg all over her, crying. Some boys in a car had thrown eggs at her and yelled that she was a fat a** b*tch, etc. Grrrrr...

*Edit* By the way, now she runs marathons and weighs about 140 lbs. She sure showed them!!!!!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    "When is your due date"....um my reply "right after yours!.....:explode:

Thank you very much!

zen
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager I was talking to boyfriend about why I didn't want to be a model (I was also about 30 lbs lighter and a perfect weight for my age) - he started asking questions like:
    You don't want to be a model because, "your hips are too big?" "your breasts are too small?" "you're too short?" - um, no, I don't want to be a model because I don't believe in selling my body. (side note, if you are a model, nothing against you, it's my body that I see that).

Nothing really hurtful though.
  • Jewlz
    Jewlz Posts: 135
    Options
    when I was in 8th grade I was voted the bigest butt in school, in those little slam books people pass around. that kind of stuff is no good for a 13 year old:embarassed: