Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Needing Support

2»

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    He is protection for convoys. I have heard crazy stories as well. Most hitting too close to home due to buddies..... I'm wigging out and he's wigging out....and the last thing I want is him worrying about me. It's just so frustrating.

I didn't want to eat after he told me. I was just so upset my stomach hurt and everything. I even cried! AT SCHOOL! In front of kids! It was mortifying. Anyway... we are still trying to figure it out. It's a no go on leave and it's taken all day to convince him that getting married is easy. Having a wedding is more time consuming.
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Have him ask the battalion chaplain if he will marry you. There are really good flight deals going on now. Fly out, get married and let you both have some peace of mind. Convoys are scary. My husband was with the 106th Trans. Batt at Fort Campbell and was with a trans batt in Desert Storm. Scares the hell out of you. You can still do a full fledge ceremony when he gets back and honeymoon and all of that. Only point I will make there, is to wait a couple of months and let the redeployment stuff settle. If you are worried that feelings will change, my husband and I had been together 9 months before he left for a year and we will be married seven years in June and are still deeply in love with each other. Don't let all the bad that can happen outweigh the good.
  • foxfire9372
    Also, you will go through days when you are too upset to eat/exercise and everything else. I know it is hard not to breakdown, but it is normal. When my husband is gone I can't even watch anything over Memorial Day or I spend all day in tears. This is one of the hardest things to deal with, married or not. On the food/exercise, I know you want to lose weight, but take it day by day and do the best you can. If you are too upset to eat, don't. Just don't let too many days go by with that happening. It will even out in the end. The hardest times will be right before he leaves, about two weeks prior to mid-tour leave, and the month after he leaves. Again, there are a whole lot of people going through the same thing. If you do get married, have him set you up with an ako account. Helps with email.
  • ChubbyBunny
    We are working on it. I am currently thinking of flying up and getting the liscence so we at least can do it when we get time. The big thing is me going to him instead of him coming to me. My family will be disappointed they can't all make it but....I don't want him to go without being married. All his guys say not to marry before you go....but....I think for us it would help (religious thing).

I really appreciate all your help and support. Especially today, I was pretty pathetic.
  • foxfire9372
    Never pathetic. Where is he training out of? If it is close and you need help!?! When Chris and I got married, my mom and stepfather came out, my now step-daughter, his mom, his sister and two nieces. His dad, other sister, brother in law, their kids, his brother and wife and the rest of my family couldn't make it and although it is hard, we got married and that is truly what is most important. You will have more days like today. Glad to help, come screaming if you need more support!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Okay today is a rough day! I haven't gone crazy calorie wise or anything but man....I feel a difference. Today at school the staff had lunch provided for them, which made me cringe a little, cause usually teachers aren't well known for healthy eating. Come to find out the were doing tacos (my fav!). I resisted for a bit but then caved. One of the PSRs made one and left it in the fridge (little did I know that her idea or making a taco was WAY different then mine, it was sooo full). Anyway, I forgot and made a dainty little one, careful with everything in it. However, when I remembered she had one down there for me....and I was a little hungry still I wandered down and got it. Now my stomach hurts, too much of a good thing.

I have learned a valuable lesson though. Be the one preparing your food, cause there was a HUGE difference in the two tacos.
  • foxfire9372
    My new thought for the day - make the whole world go on a diet whether they need it or not, deprive them of their fave foods for a couple of days and then eat them in front of them and see how they feel. I
  • ChubbyBunny
    He is doing all his training in WA. I am in Idaho and have my family all here for support. It's just trying to figure out time together between now and when he deploys that is killing us.
This discussion has been closed.