Anyone else actively training for something?

Options

Replies

• kelseystew
    kelseystew Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Training for my first Marathon in October! Also will be completing a half marathon in June, July and September leading up! Tough Mudder looks awesome, I have a friend who did it and loved the challenge!
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm training for a half-marathon in September!

I will shoot you an add if you want :) Anyone else feel free to add me. I'm currently trying to maintain.
  • Loss4TheWin
    Loss4TheWin Posts: 249
    Options
    Powerlifting competition. Aiming for one in November of NEXT year. I need plenty of time to get used to the idea of wearing a singlet (which is required for this comp) :grumble:
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Constantly training here!

Race schedule:
    May 18th - HM pushing daughter in stroller
    June - BAA 10k
    Oct - BAA HM, Bill's 5k
    Nov - Manchester City Marathon, and Gobble, Gobble, Gobble 4-miler w/stroller

That should wrap it up for 2014!
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Few things in the works :-)
  • TheMrsCole
    TheMrsCole Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I totally want to do a tough mudder at some point! I trained for a 5k and my next goal is to complete a 10k... we will go up from there!!
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Wine & Dine Half Marathon in November :)
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I have a sprint Triathlon in August, other than that, fun races that I don't truly train for

Tap N Run this weekend
    Warrior Dash - August
    Foam Fest - August

The Triathlon is enough for me to actually train for, I just did one at the end of March, so trying to build on that to get faster. I mostly compete against myself, but like to beat my brother in the tri :)
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Color Run (my first 5k) in August and hiking to the bottom of the Grand Canyon in September.
  • DucklingtoSwan
    DucklingtoSwan Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Not exactly the same I know, but I'm an actor looking to get back out there and found out a local company is doing one of my favorite musicals this winter. Auditions are in November. One of the roles I'm aiming for does require you to look sexy as well as having a killer voice... so I'm training both my body, and whipping my voice back into shape as well :wink:

Like I said, not the same thing as an athletic event, but that's the mindset in which I'm putting myself, the better to keep my eyes on the prize, as the saying goes :glasses:
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    << always training for the zombie apocalypse. ;)

but I did volunteer to do two hours in a relay for life, next month. I'd like to get 10 miles done in that time. :)
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm maintaining my fitness as I'm running quite a few halfs. I just ran one last weekend, have another one on June 7 and then next is June 28. In August or so I'll be increasing my miles and heading towards my first full marathon in October.
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am training for my Spartan Trifecta this year. I am doing my Super next Saturday, eeeekkk! My Sprint and Beast are at the end of the year.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Training to push my funeral as far into the future that I can.

yeahthat_zps5592cc84.gif
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Considering an October marathon (October just seems like such a nice month for a 26.2 mile race...). But definitely running a half in November, and I've got a few races this summer that are my short-term goals: an 8K on the 4th of July, and the Bix7 at the end of July (7 miles of HILLS. Woo hoo!).
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    10-miler this weekend
    Half Mary 05/17
    Half Mary 06/01
    Half Mary 06/28
    And I'd be here all day if I continue ???? I have four more HM's and lots of shorter stuff and that takes us through the end of Sept.
    Feeling out the idea of a 24-hour ultra in October.
  • Ohio4Me
    Ohio4Me Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am not even close to goal weight but this thread motivated me to register for Relay for Life in June. Thanks for the motivation - I live a sedentary life but now I have to get busy so I can make it around the track more than once. It's only one lap at a time.
  • Diesel_Girl
    Diesel_Girl Posts: 39
    Options
    My first 5k is scheduled for June 22. I haven't ran consistently in two years, not that I was much of a runner before :laugh:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    "I'm training to be fcuking fabulous" I'm not sure there is an event for how fabulous I can be- but when there IS one- I'm going to win- no questions asked.

this is my answer to ALL questions about me training- and yes I have had people walk up and ask me if I was training for an event.

That being said- I'm officially training for my first power lifting meet- but I haven't changed much other than doing a specific program- I'm actually lifting less than I normally do LOL.
  • sassycraftyfit
    Options
    Running my 6th half marathon at the end of June, and then will begin training for my first full marathon in October! Feel free to add me :)