super high heart rate and fainting

Options
124»

Replies

• dkemple1
    dkemple1 Posts: 65
    Options
    Just a thought...Could you request all of your medical records from all those tests that you had done previously and have them sent to you? Then take them with you when you go to see the doctor. This could possibly result in less re-testing and a quicker diagnosis of your problem. You do have the right to a copy of your medicals records. It would be interesting to see what happened to your heart during that stress test.

And please, please don't let the doctor assume you don't have any heart problems "because you're 33."
  • AllisonMO
    AllisonMO Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yeah, had similar symptoms while doing interval training on a treadmill. Five days later while working out, after doing pullups and lunges with shoulder presses, I had a sharp pain run across my chest--lo and behold, aortic dissection. It happens and is usually only diagnosed by CT scans. Often the person lives with an aneurism without symptoms until a tipping point is reached. Never thought I, a non-smoker, low cholesterol, would end up with open heart surgery to save my life.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Yeah, had similar symptoms while doing interval training on a treadmill. Five days later while working out, after doing pullups and lunges with shoulder presses, I had a sharp pain run across my chest--lo and behold, aortic dissection. It happens and is usually only diagnosed by CT scans. Often the person lives with an aneurism without symptoms until a tipping point is reached. Never thought I, a non-smoker, low cholesterol, would end up with open heart surgery to save my life.

Aortic dissection was my best guess, too. I'm so glad you survived! Your life is a miracle. Was your AD caused by Marfan? I'm just curious. I have a lot of the physical attributes of Marfan. (Arms longer than I am tall. Tall. Flexible....).
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Never thought I, a non-smoker, low cholesterol, would end up with open heart surgery to save my life.

I know that feel. Lost the fat, hit the gym, backpacking 30 miles a week, fainted at work at a retirement party. 16cc myxoma. Open heart surgery out of nowhere.

BUT... my survival odds were ten times greater, my recovery easier, and I walked away clean - no meds, no pacemaker, no PT, no dietary changes.
  • AllisonMO
    Options
    Not Marfans, but asked neurologist if he thought I had a connective tissue disorder, and he said yes. Have alerted my siblings and kids. No one has said anything about genetic testing at this point.
  • AllisonMO
    Options
    And my recovery was swift, too, relatively speaking. Two nights in ICU after Monday pm surgery, home on Sunday. It did take me a while to get over no longer being able to do the wieghtraining I had been doing, and I am still not reconciled to the slower metabolism on all the meds. Hence a post-surgery weight gain. Am walking two miles most days, but that hasn't been enough--hence here I am!

And blessings to fellow survivers!