Tea Drinkers - How to you make your hot tea?

Replies

• alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    I boil water and pour it over a teabag in my mug. I usually go for herbal. If I do drink black, I have to be careful not to let it steep way too long because it gets a bit bitter for me. I don't put anything in my tea. If I do steep my black tea too much and it gets bitter, I may put in a touch of sweetener. Usually just regular sugar. This happens really rarely.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    f07b_tea_earl_gray_hot.jpg

Plus

15eb_doctor_who_tardis_tea_infuser.jpg

compliments of ThinkGeek
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    I only drink plain green tea (regular or decaf) and chamomile so I'm boring...lol. Sometimes I microwave water in a mug and then add the tea bag, or at work we have a water cooler with a hot water spigot so I just add it to a mug with a tea bag. I don't ever add milk or sweetener to my tea.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    I usually just add a touch of local honey.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Hot water from the coffee maker? Eww!

Not necessarily......we got a new machine at work. It has a separate hot water spigot, not like the old days.

OP:

I like most tea unsweetened. I start my day with iced tea made with Lipton Bavarian Wild Berry (the little pyramid bags). Lots of berry flavor. 2 bags make a nice 20 oz commuter cup.

If you start out with some nicely flavored tea and you can cut back on the cream (milk) and sugar. Chai is good with milk & sugar....Bigelow Pumpkin Spice and Stash Hazelnut Chocolate are a nice treat.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    giphy.gif
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    i have a tassimo so i put in an english breakfast pod and press the start button and add a splash of milk
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Start here --> https://www.harney.com/this-is-tea

I love the tea from that place and it is a great resource for tea
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    I have a stove-top tea pot. So I boil the water, add the tea when it's at temperature, and strain into a mug when it's done steeping.

I take my tea and coffee without anything added to it because I like the way it tastes as it is.
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    I do two bags, hot water, maybe some honey but otherwise no milk/sugar/etc.
  • binniesmart
    binniesmart Posts: 74
    I'm usually a tea with milk and one sugar kid of girl, typical Brit. But recently started drinking tea without anything, no milk or sugar just black. It's very refreshing and I'm finding I'm less likely to want to eat a biscuit or cake with it. Feels healthy. I drink about 4 cups of tea a day, mainly for the caffeine. I also usually have a shot of matcha green tea in the mornings if I don't feel like breakfast. Really curbs my appetite and gives me energy and focus :-)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I heat tap water in the microwave, then drop a teabag into it. Done.

This but I use bottled water, I don't like the taste of our tap water. Occasionally I'll add a splash of milk to it.
  • aliciamunday7
    aliciamunday7 Posts: 40 Member
    My family still has a small hobby farm with a few cow. We milk them, let the cream rise. I let the water boil to rapid, throw loose tea into the cup, pour water. Let steep 3 or 4 minutes. Add full fresh cream and a spoon of fresh maple sugar. Sadly this was previous to the start of my diet
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    English Breakfast tea with about two tsp of sugar and I leave about a centimeter at the top of the mug for coconut creamer.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    I boil water in electric kettle, put one black tea bag in a mug, add boiling water, swish it around a little, take the bag out, add 1 teaspoon of sugar and a splash of fat free milk.
  • seaberry09
    seaberry09 Posts: 38 Member
    Tea bag in mug--hot water from kettle--steep 30-60 seconds--sugar and whole milk. Every single morning :)
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 507 Member
    If I am drinking hot tea I pour the hot water over the tea bag and let it steep for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on how strong you like it. I usually add a small amount of honey and low fat milk. I tried some of the flavored creamers but didn't care for them other than the sweet cream but that is rather high in calories. Sometimes I will add a bit of honey and lemon juice instead of the milk. What you add if anything is really personal taste.

In the summer time I like to make sun tea or "cool aid". Cool aid is made with flavored herbal tea bags, 4-6 for a gallon, pour 4 cups of boiling water over the tea bags, let steep for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags and fill the container with ice and cold water. Add 2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar and sweetener if you like. I like the berry flavored herbal teas the best, those with hibiscus will make a very vibrant colored tea. The vinegar gives a slight zing but doesn't taste at all vinegary.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    When you're a tea lover like me and make it a hobby, its a fun, ceremonial event. I have a electric tea kettle that I set to temp depending on the type of loose leaf tea and its requirements. Black, green, white, red, and herbal all have different brewing temps and times. I have a French press for steeping and a timer to make sure its steeped to perfection. Once steeped I poor it into my iron tea pot on a iron warming station to enjoy at my leisure. I sweeten with stivia and I only use cream in chai. I have a tea tower with over fifty flavors. I'm enjoying a cuppa "Della Terras " Walnut Brittle. Soooo good! Like a calorie free treat! Yum!
    Blessings:drinker:
  • felicia2005
    felicia2005 Posts: 35 Member
    If u have a tall mug, I would use two. I love tea also. I have a tea kettle. I just had honey to mine. Dollar tree has a nice fruit tea right now.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    I have a Keurig so I usually put my tea bag in my cup then run hot water through the Keurig, let it steep, and it's done. Depending on what kind I drink I usually drink it plain. All depends on the flavor of tea.

Does the water not come out with a slight coffee flavor? I tried doing that at work and it was awful.