What is your goal BF%?

Options
There are many posts regarding "ideal" weight or goal weight. I'm not focused on a number on the scale, but rather a BF%. My immediate goal is a BF% of 35%. (I'm currently at 43.2%, started a 56+%). 35% puts me at the high end of the "healthy" range for my age. My ultimate goal is 28%, the mid range of healthy.

What's your goal BF% and why?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    My current goal is 20-22% as that puts me in the fit to average range.

I may try for 19% just depends on how I feel after this summer.
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    i also am not looking for a number on the scale

my current bf% is just under 43% and my current goal is 24%
  • ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Between 18% and 21% for me.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    My goal is 19-21%, but we'll see.
  • jason_adams
    jason_adams Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Right now, just something lower than it is. Once I get back into better shape, I'd like to aim for 12%. I used to be there and it was good.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    25% body fat is good for me...
  • Operation_Shred
    Options
    -6.22%
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be around 20%.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    12%, although that may be hard to hit for me. reasoning is that is right on the border between ideal and underweight, when muscles really start to show.

ideal healthy bf% for women i believe is somewhere around 20%
  • bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    goal based off ideals for women in my sport is 18% -- I need to lose 5 lbs fat, gain 5-10 lbs muscle
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    20%-25%, depending on how I feel in my clothes and how I feel about myself.
  • sstolii123
    sstolii123 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be under 18% the high end for active males my age. That would be an immediate goal.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Ideally I'd like to be right around 20%, but will likely be happy with anything under 25%.
  • homeyjosey
    homeyjosey Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    When I started I was 22%(caliper) and my goal was to be 10% or below, when I got tested(bodpod) I got 7.5% and now I'm a steady 8.5%(caliper)
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    There are many posts regarding "ideal" weight or goal weight. I'm not focused on a number on the scale, but rather a BF%. My immediate goal is a BF% of 35%. (I'm currently at 43.2%, started a 56+%). 35% puts me at the high end of the "healthy" range for my age. My ultimate goal is 28%, the mid range of healthy.

What's your goal BF% and why?

ETA: Once I'm at 28%, I may decide to go lower, maybe to 22-23%. I will tackle that when i get there.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I had mine tested in Feb; it was 24.something. My goal is 23.something. "Fitness" level is 21-24% for a woman. So I just want to be in that range...I'd take 23.99%.
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Started at 29%, currently 25%.

Goal is 19%.
  • usmcj80
    usmcj80 Posts: 58
    Options
    10% I am at 13.8% right now so not much farther to go
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    16-18%. I worked hard for a strong body and the vain part of me wants to see those abs!

ETA: I'm at about 20% now, and started at 35ish.
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Right now, just something lower than it is. Once I get back into better shape, I'd like to aim for 12%. I used to be there and it was good.

Yeah, up until you asked, I hadn't really thought about it, except that it should be lower. Much lower.

My Weight Watchers scale says it's 34.8%. Not sure what a healthy level is for a 49yo woman. I should maybe look into that. It's probably a better number to watch than BMI.