HAVE YOU EVER WENT OVER YOUR CALORIE GOAL?

Options
13»

Replies

• MickeyCastello
    Options
    I'm one those one day a week (Fridays after weigh-in) cheaters too. I lost 61 pounds, and am maintaining very well doing so. So, you see, it doesn't derail you if you don't let it.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Of course. So what? Tomorrow is another day.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    It's not the amount of calories you should worry about if you go over. It's what's in those calories you should be concerned about (sugar, bad carbs such as flour-based foods, bad fats). If you are consuming enough protein during the day, as long as it's lean protein, you will be fine.

Nope. Calories are calories and they add up. You can get fat eating organic unicorn flatulate as fast as you can eating Cheetos.
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Have you ever went over your calorie goal?

Yes.
    Cheat day?

No.
    Over ate? Wasn't paying attention?

I guess you could call it one of these . . . I wouldn't really call it "overeating" and I wouldn't say I wasn't paying attention. I knew how much I had left and I knew how much I was going to eat.
    What happened to cause you to go over, and how did you react?

Sometimes the last meal of the day doesn't perfectly align with the number of calories in the database. My reaction was, "Oh, that's too bad, it went from green to red and my status isn't going to say that I was under my calorie goal. Bummer."
    What did you do the next day to make sure it wouldn't happen again?

Nothing. I'm not concerned about it happening again. I usually only go over a couple times a week and very rarely by more than 150 calories, whereas I frequently go under by 200-500 calories. It all evens out over the course of the week.
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Over eat every non-workout days but I burn them off the following days and then somemore.
  • Stilllosing26
    Stilllosing26 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Of course. So what? Tomorrow is another day.

Rock On!
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Yes. We were on vacation and it was glorious. I made sure to log every single delicious bite.
  • zenhiker2014
    zenhiker2014 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Of course. Not often, and usually because I feel like my body needs a bit more fuel (in other words, when I'm consistently feeling low energy, or kind of run down). Also when I'm in a situation where my food choices are limited like traveling or on social occasions, and I decide a few more calories are worth it to get a decent meal and not make a big deal out of it.

And even on those days I am within 100 calories or so of maintenance. It's just more than I would have allowed myself according to my weight loss goal.
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Died, this is my ghost.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    While trying to lose weight; no. While maintaining; possibly, because I'm not keeping track all the time.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    A few times, but if it was under my TDEE, I don't worry just start over the next day. If it over my TDEE I make up for it the day and eat a lot less.
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I think I go over my calorie goal more than I stay under it... :laugh:
    So the answer to your question, nope. Never ever have I done such a thing. :tongue:

What do I do? I take a chill pill. Sure it's not as huge of a deficit, but as long as I'm eating below maintenance, I have no concerns. Weight loss isn't a race and if I don't lose a pound a week, it's not like the world's going to end. I just keep pushing forward and hope to do better in the future.
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I try to never overeat my maintenance calories. Weekly average, I have not done so, at all, however, I have had very high calorie days. I am still a work in progress. I am trying to do one maintenance cal day every 2 weeks at most. I do zig zag cals though, just how I am in my life, so I am not going to fight myself. I am in this for life.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    See: basically the entire past week.

And I still lost weight, because I was under my TDEE. No big deal. I log everything I eat and keep an eye on my calories, so if I'm at or under maintenance, I don't worry much about it.

I've also gone over maintenance calories a couple of times. Also not a big deal, because it was a conscious decision and I was still in a deficit for the week. I gained a bit of water weight from the increase in calories, but it was gone within a few days and everything was back to normal. :smile:
  • KatMicNYC
    KatMicNYC Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Over by 100 or over by 800? Over is too vague, this is all estimates anyway, impossible to be exact. Just stay in the range, we all know when we're doing that and when we're not regardless of what the bad math tells us. Most people vigilant on this site would probably benefit from a little bit over. In fact we should live life just a little bit over, and make up for it during other times of the week, ski breakfast, skip lunch, walk around the mall for 6 hours on Saturday. There are a million ways to deal with this weight loss. I can't wait for my maintenance plan….couldn't come soon enough, unfortunately based on my calorie consumption probably another 4 to 5 months of this.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait-why-are-we-panicking.jpg
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I may even do it tonight depending on how much Fitbit adjusts between now and midnight, but it wouldn't be by much.
  • patriciapowerswilliamson
    Options
    It happens to me twice a week, I underestimate. Eating out is a killer so I have decided to stop eating our for lunch every day. I cut down to 2 days a week and go on long runs on the days that I do. I think that bringing my own breakfast and lunches to work on a more frequent basis will make a difference.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    Many times.

Sometimes I am 100 or over, other times 100 or so under.

This really does not matter ,as long as the weekly average is around the mark ( give or take couple of hundred)