Eat More Fruits & Vegetables Challenge!

Options
124»

Replies

• suejoker
    suejoker Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sue & I'm a Vegeholic. I don't know what happened--when I crossed the line from recreational vegetable consumption to full blown addiction, but it's happened. Today, I had 11 servings of fruit & vegetables. This was not even a remarkably high veg day. Some days I have 13 or 15. I'm planning to go to the farmers market early on Saturday, so I can call dibs on the beet greens that other people ask to have cut off. I was thinking about going to the Berkeley Bowl (see pic) too, because I hear their produce is phenomenal. I need help. Wait--this stuff is good for me, right? Sorry, this is the first time my obsessive nature helped me;)

11sla8g.jpg
  • lizc0616
    lizc0616 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    iM iN! :) Started today, i had 5 servings of fruit and 2 of veggies, i will commit to 7-10 servings a day! :drinker:
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    3 serves of vegetables today, but I DID need to use up sweet potato, rocket and capsicum!
  • sonnig_tag
    sonnig_tag Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,
    Traveling always messes me up. I drove out to see my man-friend 700 miles away on Wednesday. he had/has NO food in his house except frozen bagels, canned soup, eggs and a huge bag of oranges. LOL. Bachelors!

Anyhoo, I took myself out to my very favorite Japanese restaurant yesterday and had miso (whoa--sodium!), and sushi. YUM. Seriously, I could move to Japan and eat happily ever after. So I asked myself, why cant I eat that way now? This lead to me researching this idea. I'll keep you posted.

Made a deliscious pasta dish last night (my man-friend ate an ENTIRE LOAF of fresh italian bread. LOL

Sauteed up a pound of lean ground beef + the meat of three italian sausages (push out of casing). Added 2 cups mushrooms, 1 whole bell pepper, 2 c eggplant, 2 c zucchini, 1 medium yellow onion, sage, marjoram, lavender, basil, garlic, thyme, salt & pepper. Simmer until veg's release their water. Add 1 jar red or vodka sauce, stir and simmer. YUM. I need to work out the calories.
    Is there a place here to do that?
  • suejoker
    Options
    Anyhoo, I took myself out to my very favorite Japanese restaurant yesterday and had miso (whoa--sodium!), and sushi. YUM. Seriously, I could move to Japan and eat happily ever after. So I asked myself, why cant I eat that way now? This lead to me researching this idea. I'll keep you posted.

LOVE eating Japanese food. I've discovered, since tracking calories & obsessively monitoring my nutrients, that I need to skip the miso and that I can eat a lot more fish without the rice. My last Japanese meal: 1 order salmon sashimi, 1 order of tuna sashimi, and o****ashi (a delicious boiled spinach salad)--about 200 calories.
    Sauteed up a pound of lean ground beef + the meat of three italian sausages (push out of casing). Added 2 cups mushrooms, 1 whole bell pepper, 2 c eggplant, 2 c zucchini, 1 medium yellow onion, sage, marjoram, lavender, basil, garlic, thyme, salt & pepper. Simmer until veg's release their water. Add 1 jar red or vodka sauce, stir and simmer. YUM. I need to work out the calories.
    Is there a place here to do that?

Yes, the recipes section! And, if you import the recipe from a website, it's super easy. You just copy & paste the url into the importer and most of the time it works perfectly. If you created the recipe, you can just enter the ingredients manually and it will total it up and save it for you. Sounds delish!
  • suejoker
    Options
    ^^^ Did you know that the boards edit out perceived swear words?! The salad is called O-S-H-I-T-A-S-H-I and it **** out the middle;)
  • suejoker
    Options
    I decided to have a celebratory meal, after reaching 177lbs and breaking my exercise record for the week. I thought I'd share a pic on this thread, because there are 4 servings of veggies on this gorgeous plate. Total for the day is 9.

nmdpok.jpg
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    3 serves again for the whole day -- (carrot salad, arugula/rocket and baked potato) 4 if you consider cocoa to be a vegetable
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Banana, a couple pieces each of blackberry, blueberry, pineapple, strawberry, kiwi. Broccoli, cauliflower, onion, tomato, mushrooms, green onion.
  • suejoker
    Options
    Great job, Everyone!

I thought I'd post a picture of the new love of my life taking a bath...

m7unp5.jpg
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was six servings of veggies, 3 fruit.