I am still a size 8!

Options
I used to weigh 130 pounds but now I weigh 120 pounds. All of the women on my dad's side of the family have big thighs. I seem to have inherited that trait. If I lose 5 or 10 pounds, will I still be a size 8?! It does not bother me too much but it does kind of suck. How can you be 120 pounds and still be an 8? Gr..... By the way, I am 5 foot 3. Women who are around this height - how much do you weigh and what size are you?

Replies

• ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    That depends on 1. the store you buy your clothes from 2. your body composition. Losing 5-10 pounds won't necessarily make you drop a size. Besides the number doesn't matter all that much. You're the only one who can see it. It's not as if you have a huge neon sign above your head telling everyone you wear a size 8.
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    You can't judge by a size. I'm 5'5" and weigh more than you but can cram my butt into an 8 because I carry ALLLL my weight in my stomach and upper body. So I could be so envious of your body and we could share pants.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Size 8 is small. You mean you want to be smaller than that? Why?
  • blueberrykitten
    blueberrykitten Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awe all of your comments are so nice. It does not bother me thaaat much. There are just days when I am like "I wish I could be the skinny girl for once, just for a month to see how it feels" and I was wondering if anyone else is in my position! I am relatively happy with my body. I am thin, not skinny, and have a nice figure. :smile:
  • beckytcy
    beckytcy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Aw try not to let the numbers bother you. I am 5"2 and have pants that range from 8 to 4 and one pair of 2's. The numbers mean nothing. I also have the big thigh gene.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I tend to buy junior sizes, but when I was 120 lbs I wore a size 7 and sometimes a 5, and I'm about half an inch taller than you. I currently wear a 9 with significantly more weight.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 130-135 and I'm also an 8. But then, I was an 8 at 120, and 110 as well. My hip bones won't comfortably go into anything smaller.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Not that this will help much, but I'm a size 8, 5'4" & 161lbs. Thanks to heavy lifting, they are fitting kinda loose.
  • blueberrykitten
    Options
    Aw try not to let the numbers bother you. I am 5"2 and have pants that range from 8 to 4 and one pair of 2's. The numbers mean nothing. I also have the big thigh gene.

My dad measured me the other day and I he said I was actually a little under 5'3. But I am still closer to that height than 5'2 so I always tell people I am 5'3. I do have a pair of size 4 jeans I bought when I was younger that fit surprisingly well. But the other day I was at a store and I could put a pair of size 6 shorts on but not exactly comfortably! I feel much more comfortable wearing an 8.
  • blueberrykitten
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 130-135 and I'm also an 8. But then, I was an 8 at 120, and 110 as well. My hip bones won't comfortably go into anything smaller.

Sounds similar to me!
  • blueberrykitten
    Options
    Not that this will help much, but I'm a size 8, 5'4" & 161lbs. Thanks to heavy lifting, they are fitting kinda loose.

Oh wow. It is funny and interesting how we are all built differently. :happy:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Women's clothing sizes are soooooo subjective, it depends on the brand, the style, the store, the way the dude cutting the fabric felt that day, etc. Take measurements of your legs, compare. I also have big thighs, but yes, they do get smaller with weight loss. 23" at my lowest, 25" at my highest. And carrying excess weight/fat on your thighs is very far from abnormal. Probably one of the most common female body types. A little self acceptance can go a LONG way.
  • mannysue
    mannysue Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really think it depends on your bone structure and where you carry excess weight. I will never be smaller than an eight. I am 5'6 & 3/4". Almost 5'7". At my smallest weight i was a size eight at 130 lbs as well.
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", weigh 146, and wear a comfortable 6. I have 2 pairs of dress pants in size 4 that are a bit snug on hips and thighs but not bad. If I weighed 120 I think I would be in 00's!!
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm just an inch taller than you, weigh 127, have bigger thighs than the rest of my body, but I wear a 4/2 depending on who the hell is making the clothes. If you focus on strength training it will help the legs reduce which is why I think I fit into such small sizes now. I have short legs so they're kind of stocky to me.

ETA: My dress size however is practically a negative number. Damn disproportions. :grumble:
  • BraidedKitteness
    BraidedKitteness Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ello! 5'2" here. Currently 148, weighed 125 in Highschool. It still depends on the brand and type of material. Waist is 27, but hips are 41... Soooo I wear between a 6 and an 8. I was a consistant 6 in HS and college and didn't really bump up to the 6-8 margin until I hit 150 last fall. (UGH) It really just depends though. Don't trust clothing sizes. You're at a healthy weight so don't stress and figure out a clothing brand that you love the way it looks on you. If you think you need to lose a couple pounds, go for it, but don't do it just because of a pant size. :)
  • blueberrykitten
    Options
    Women's clothing sizes are soooooo subjective, it depends on the brand, the style, the store, the way the dude cutting the fabric felt that day, etc. Take measurements of your legs, compare. I also have big thighs, but yes, they do get smaller with weight loss. 23" at my lowest, 25" at my highest. And carrying excess weight/fat on your thighs is very far from abnormal. Probably one of the most common female body types. A little self acceptance can go a LONG way.

Trust me! I think better about myself than I I did just a year ago. My other relatives who have big thighs look relatively nice with them. Athletic builds can be attractive, even though I did always want to be small and fragile when I was younger, lol. Oh whatever. Nothing wrong with being well built. I also have broad shoulders for a women. Despite having a petite height, I think I come off as imitating and like I carry myself well to other people. :laugh:
  • blueberrykitten
    Options
    http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l498/dazednconfused16/abbycatedit.jpg

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l498/dazednconfused16/cuteme.jpg

2 pictures of me from a few years ago. I was around 16 or 17 years old at the time. I think I am about the same size now that I was then. Not sure if I have a full body picture from recently.
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I'm 145 and in anywhere between a tight 8 and an 11 depending on the pant...
  • blueberrykitten
    Options
    http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l498/dazednconfused16/7b7c5fe8-a79f-4f1e-aeb7-0fabec3c76cd_zps03db0206.jpg

Here is a recent picture. You can tell how big my thighs are! But I am probably closer to 130 pounds here, before my weight lose. Eh I don't like my face in this picture but I will post it anyways because it is an alright example.