I am still a size 8!

Options

Replies

• msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    pffft.... you girls all need to come and live in Australia...here clothing at it's very smallest starts at size 6...as for a size 8 that is considered TINY !

I just don't get your American sizing with your size 2's and 0's!!! That is children aged 0-2 here! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cindyb327
    cindyb327 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    be proud girl friend!!!!
    :happy:
  • Schila64
    Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", weigh 146, and wear a comfortable 6. I have 2 pairs of dress pants in size 4 that are a bit snug on hips and thighs but not bad. If I weighed 120 I think I would be in 00's!!

These are the things that I would never understand. I'm 5'4", my weight fluctuates between 141 and 143 and my pants size are 4 and 6. Could it be that I have more muscle? I;ve been an avid exerciser all my life, maybe in my case is just more muscle than fat.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    easy fix, just go to white house black market for pants, they do vanity sizing.
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" 172 and I can wear a size 8 in womens.

Depends on body shape too. I'm almost 5'4" and cuttently 170 size 14 (some loose, some tight). Before I gained this weight in my last pregnancy, i wore 10-12 and I was 150. I have big hips, bigger thighs so I need bigger pants. I have a big bust so i need bigher shirts.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    easy fix, just go to white house black market for pants, they do vanity sizing.

It's true! I had a size 2 dress from there (and a size 2 from Cache) when I was an size 8 everywhere else.
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Not that this will help much, but I'm a size 8, 5'4" & 161lbs. Thanks to heavy lifting, they are fitting kinda loose.

Sounds like me. I am 5'6" and weigh 159 and wear a size 8. I could probably wear a size 6 around my waist but, because I have been overweight most of my adult life and still have a lot of abdominal fat and extra skin, I wouldn't be able to zip them closed. So, it's a size 8 for me with a belt!
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" weight 118 lbs and wear a size 6. I also have thighs and hips but yes it depends on brands. I have arrange of jeans from 6 - 8's in my closet.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Anyway, OP, are these the same size 8 pants? Because if we're talking totally different pants then meh, wwhatver, different pants are different

Are we talking about the same pair of pants? And after 10 pounds lost (at a already normal weight) they fit exactly the same? Because that seems odd.
  • BeckyMBisMe
    BeckyMBisMe Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I firmly believe that you didn't inherit big thighs from your family. What you did inherit is the same eating habits and lifestyle that gave your family big thighs. If you change those 2 things (like your doing), you will not have big thighs.

My 2 cents

that's a very unintelligent comment! people are not cut out of a cookie mold we are not all built alike just like we don't all have blue eyes, etc.
    your 2 cents aren't even worth that much!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I am 128 and I wear a size 8 also. I do a combination of strength training and cardio. I don't like working out alone so I never got into heavy lifting. One time I was in the hospital and went down to 118 and was wearing a size 6, but that's an unhealthy weight for me and I didn't stay there for long. When I started at 135, I was wearing a size 10.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 130-135 and I'm also an 8. But then, I was an 8 at 120, and 110 as well. My hip bones won't comfortably go into anything smaller.

Exactly this. I got down to 95 and still was in 8s, and I have pretty slim thighs at all weights. Hips/butt just won't quit.

It's futile to use any number to make you feel good. Don't worry about the size of the pants--focus on getting the ones that make you look good and thus feel good.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Are we talking about pants or overall size? I am very pear shaped, think of Maria Menounos...

At my thinnest and lightest (like 15 pounds lighter), I still wear the same size of pants. I tend to lose weight around waist and upper body.
  • albayin
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 130-135 and I'm also an 8. But then, I was an 8 at 120, and 110 as well. My hip bones won't comfortably go into anything smaller.

Exactly this. I got down to 95 and still was in 8s, and I have pretty slim thighs at all weights. Hips/butt just won't quit.

It's futile to use any number to make you feel good. Don't worry about the size of the pants--focus on getting the ones that make you look good and thus feel good.

Is this UK sizing?
  • albayin
    Options
    Another thing I have observed on my friends, is that everyone has different idea of "fitting". Some like wearing tight, while others wear more relaxed clothes. I can squeeze in a smaller size but my day will go miserably, like I can't function...
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm around 120lbs and size 8. O.O Or well I used to be. I have few pairs of jeans that fit me properly anymore; motivation to gain weight... I'm not buying anymore clothes. Until my current ones fall apart. It's normal to me!
  • EmiDeeDoo
    EmiDeeDoo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm five-foot-three, currently 150lb, and I wear large pants. Size 12 or 14 depending, but my 14 jeans are starting to get loose. But everyone holds their weight differently, can't really compare.
  • penny0919
    penny0919 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful. Try and appreciate your body for what it is now instead of a meaningless number on your pants.

When I was 19 I was 140 lbs (5'7) and I thought I was too fat. 14 lbs, three kids and 50 lbs heavier and I would love to go back and enjoy that size a little more.

http://www.rottenecards.com/card/267109/i-wish-i-were-a-fat-as-i-was-the-first-time-i-thought-i-was-fat-
  • tajsmom
    tajsmom Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 5'2 and after having a baby I weigh 188 lbs. I work out and am trying to get back on track. Even when I exercised and was at my healthiest weight (the summer before my baby) I STILL weighed at least 138 lbs. When I say work out I mean running every other day and biking on the days I wasn't running. I WAS in great shape but never made it down to my goal of 125 because I guess my body just isn't made like that but I could usually wear a size 8 or 9 pants. You honestly can't go by a height = this much weight mentality that's why your healthy weight range is so broad. Someone my height is healthy anywhere from 101-130.
  • blueberrykitten
    blueberrykitten Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I firmly believe that you didn't inherit big thighs from your family. What you did inherit is the same eating habits and lifestyle that gave your family big thighs. If you change those 2 things (like your doing), you will not have big thighs.

My 2 cents

Oh yeah freakin' right. My cousin who has big thighs like me grew up with a totally different mom and dad and has a great lifestyle. She's an athlete and a physical therapist. My dad on the other hand, was a twig growing up but screwed up his metabolism after having to stop playing sports from an injury. He's overweight, not obese, and now he can't change his habits, which have always been worse than mine. It's a mix of nature and nurture. You do not believe in genetics?