135 Vs 135: 4 size difference

Options
Achrya
Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
Once upon a time I was 135 pounds; this was about 4-5 years ago, fresh out of the Navy, at my lowest weight. I was a size 8 and pretty pleased with myself and my cardio bunny ways. I ate a more or less 'clean' diet, with very rare treats because...well, I didn't want to get fat again. I hung out on the treadmill and passed on brownies.

But then I gained about 30 pounds over 5 or so years. Bam, 165. It wasn't a good look (for me personally.) I set out to lose weight, but this time I had some amazing role models to follow (I'd name them but inevitably I'd be leaving some out and that's just bad form.) Women who picked up weights and not just little 3 pound weights, but real deal barbells, with big girl plates. I was inspired.

I was in love.

I was maybe a little bit obsessed.

I dropped pounds, slowly but surely, and found myself back into my old clothes at around 145 pounds. I dropped more weight. Now I'm 135, my lowest weight. And yet I find myself smaller than ever. Today I went to pull on a pair of size 8 pants and they about slid down to the middle of my butt. So instead I put on a size 0 skirt (Which I suspect is actually a 2 or a 4) and it went up. It buttoned. No muffin top; a nice smooth fit. I'd gotten the skirt from my mom (She found it for half off of half off of clearance. So 50 cents. She bought it not knowing if anyone would ever git it because...50 cents.)

qbJkese.jpg?1

Well damn. This is me. In a skirt that is no bigger than a size 4. My old size 8 pants (yes, the same exact pants) are much too big on me. This can't be right?!

K8FafKA.jpg?1

K. Well. Maybe it's right. That's me (and my youngest sister) some 4 years ago. Those bottoms were an 9/11 and that top was a large. On the other side size small bottoms (and a 34DDD swim top. Which is probably about a medium?) . Same weight. You can see the noticeable slimmer and firmer thighs (I had some dimples going on before.) Tummy is much flatter (I know, the toddler makes it hard to see.)

2zcAnI0.jpg?1

Here we see some unfortunate lack of butt, a little muffin top/spillage, and those legs again.

3nPsmIC.jpg?1

wTOM5y2.jpg?2

Butt. Not sure where it came from? Oh wait, I know.

GjyIe20.jpg

....that's not me btw. ...not sure if that needs to be said?

So. What am I saying? Well I'm saying that I was once 135 pounds and I was a little flabby, a little dimply, and I was rocking a size 8. Now I'm 135 and I'm rocking a size 4. There is no weight difference. It's almost like lifting has done something for my body composition that was lacking before or something.

Replies

• SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. You're looking amazing!

Keep squattin... :smile:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    In for the pictures :tongue:

Awesome job!!!!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

BAM
  • sissidevore
    sissidevore Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    wow you look amazing! and really in your "before " pics i thought you looked nice as well. but i can tell you have worked alot! you look so toned, itshard to believe you weigh the same in the photos! guess this is why ppl say inches are more of an accurate way to rate success over the scale? either way, great job love, you look amazing!
  • livingtx
    livingtx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and congratulations on your transformation!
  • IAmBrittneyFord
    IAmBrittneyFord Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!! Excellent progress! I have started to lift more because weights will sculpt your body and replace the flabbiness with lean muscle all at the same weight. Glorious isnt it lol

You look good!

Keep it up!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    oh-yes_zpse3b7f548.gif

tumblr_mpyungTcuu1rcu3n3o1_250_zps964c8196.gif
  • fitnessf0x
    fitnessf0x Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    looking good! this is my exact goal
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    You look amazing! I've been incorporating more strength training into my routine as opposed to all cardio. I haven't lost weight... but, I am fitting into smaller jeans. I'm so glad you posted this-- it makes me see that it's possible to weigh the same but be visually smaller.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!
  • 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    So much awesome!! You ladies around here inspire me!
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    :love: :love: :love:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Oh...well damn.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Hot. Straight up.
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Meaning the scale is a big fat liar liar pants on fire. :laugh: I am so thankful I found MFP forums, I would have never been inspired to get into weight training.
    You are amazing!! :love: :heart:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Can I substitute walking for lifting and achieve the same awesome results?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Can I substitute walking for lifting and achieve the same awesome results?

Only if you combine it with hula hooping.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fabulous!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

wTOM5y2.jpg?2

Your butt is magnificent. :love:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!