Easy delicious 3-ingredient protein pancakes

Options

Replies

• holland7
    Options
    Wow, this sounds very good. I'm going to have to try it! Thanks!
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    sounds great!
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    These sound amazing. Going to try it next time I am home.
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Bump - thanks for sharing!!
  • totaltexan
    totaltexan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Those were so easy and quite good. :bigsmile: Thanks for sharing the reicpe. BTW, have you put it into the MFP food database? You should.
  • totaltexan
    totaltexan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I actually doubled everything in order to up the protein and cals.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Sounds great. I have a recipe for chocolate protein pancakes that is very good also.

4 egg whites
    1/3 cup uncooked oatmeal
    3 tbs. low or no sugar Red Raspberry Preserves
    1 tbs. Cocoa powder
    dash of vanilla extract
    2 tbs. nesquick Chocolate no sugar added milk mix powder
    3 pkts. Splenda

Mix all in blender. Spray 6-inch teflon pan with Pam Cooking spray and place on low/medium heat. Pour mixture in pan, cover and cook approximately 4-5 minutes. Flip pancake over with a spatula and cook approximately 1-2 minutes more or until inside of the pancake is cooked.
    Serves 1 ~ You can make 1 big pancake or 2 smaller ones.

Top with lite flavored yogurt, sugar free syrup or a low sugar jam.

Cal. 350 / Fat 3 gm / Chol. 0 gm / Protein 20 gm / Carb. 60 gm. / Fat 8%

Nice alternate - for chocoholics. Thanks for posting!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I had the first recipe for breakfast yesterday and it was REALLY good. Kept me full, too!

Can't wait to try the chocolate version--just need to go shopping first!

Thanks to both of you for the recipes.
  • bsweettt
    Options
    bump
  • cattiemac
    Options
    I saved this recipe a while ago and finally got around to making the pancakes last week. OMG - thanks soooooo much for sharing!!! I'm all about getting lots of protein esp. for breakfast and this is such a yummy, easy way to get them. I've experimented a bit and like them best with some cinnamon thrown into the batter and then served with either apple sauce or PB spread on top.

These keep me full for hours!! Thanks again :)
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Another bump! :drinker:
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    these sound so yummy! has anyone made them the night before? or mixed in fruits (i.e., bananas)?

i might make some tonight for my breakfast tomorrow :) what a great start to the day!!!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    these sound so yummy! has anyone made them the night before? or mixed in fruits (i.e., bananas)?

i might make some tonight for my breakfast tomorrow :) what a great start to the day!!!
    I mixed in chopped strawberries but found that it didn't work very well... They burned to the pan before the pancakes cooked. Bananas could be different. Give it a go :)
  • cattiemac
    Options

I've mixed in fruit with the batter but I didn't find it was a good combo and you could hardly taste the fruit. I find they taste the best when I add some cinnamon to the batter and serve with fruit on top.
  • brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • karriecook
    karriecook Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i make a similar pancake and use sugar free applesauce or canned pumpkin instead of cottage cheese. they are delicious!
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    For the pancake recipe I did want to share my new syrup find. It's Maple Grove Farms Sugar Free Butter Flavored syrup! It has about 35 calories per 1/4 cup! It doesn't quite of the same consistency of normal syrup and if you use too much you can tell a difference in the flavor. I use just a touch of it on my whole grain waffles and I think it's great! Especially for the calories that I save.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I make these all the time, except I use Eggbeaters.

I make some blueberry syrup by putting 1/4 C blueberries in a small bowl with 2 Tablespoons sugar free syrup pancake syrup. Microwave for 30 seconds to get hot. (be careful, if it boils over in the Microwave it's an awful mess!) Pour it over the top and yum!!