DVD struggle, im in pain!

Options
2»

Replies

• eat2live61
    eat2live61 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 day shred last Friday, and finally the pain has subsided. What I don't know is....how will I know when to move to Level 2?
  • clohessy
    clohessy Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    You have to stretch more than whats in Dvd. D rink lots of water and keep working out. It does go away.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    drink up, streatch (A LOT) afterward and keep going! :)
  • Brady_
    Brady_ Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Eat to live: i am probably going to move up a level, when i feel confident in my previous level and when i can do the whole thing no problem..so maybe like 2 weeks? just because its the THIRTY day shred i dont think im gonna do it in 30 days from start to finish, so what I THINK i am gonna do is just go by what my body is telling me to do!! :)
  • Brady_
    Options
    Honestly, the best thing to do is just workout again. Once you get past the first 10 minutes you will be warmed up and your muscles will loosen. I have always found the best way to combat soreness is to keep working out! I know it sounds crazy.. but you just have to push through.

Also, after you workout.. make sure you eat/drink something to help your body recover and rebuild itself. within about 45 minutes you have a golden window to refuel your body and help it repair itself. You need something with some sugar to refill the lost glucose stores as well as some protein to help rebuild your muscles. I have a recovery drink I could sell to you, called p90x recovery, which can really help. However, it is a bit expensive. I used to drink carnation instant breakfast, mixed with skim milk and a scoop of protein powder and it worked well for me! BUt make sure you give yourself some cool down time if you chose milk as your recovery drink because it could curdle in your stomach otherwise! So give at least 30 minutes after your workout, but get it in before 45-60 minutes after. Hope that helps!

thanks for the tips i will deffinitly try that!!!
  • Brady_
    Options
    thanks everyone for your suggstions, lots of good ones! i think i am going to do the 2nd day today :) and see where it takes me! then ill go for a long walk or something to stretch out afterwords so the muscles dont tense up n get a good meal it.! you guys are awesome
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 day shred last Friday, and finally the pain has subsided. What I don't know is....how will I know when to move to Level 2?

I did level 1 for 2 weeks then moved on to level 2 and did that for a week before moving on to 3. You will know. If you start a level and have to go back that is fine also.