The REAL Five Foods That Lead To Belly Fat!

Options

Replies

• George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options

Cauliflower contains the most bio-available L-Glutathione, which is amazing for skin. It has many different effects on the skin, all positive. It's one of the few foods that contain it.

People pay a serious premium for it from health food stores and such, not realizing it can be eaten, and absorbed by your body easier than the pills.

No, completely incorrect.

1) Cauliflower and other vegetables from the same family contain cyanohydroxybutene which can enhance glutathione production in the liver (but wait for the kicker). The actual glutathione contained is mostly useless as it is not absorbed.

Except - the dosage needed of CHB to enhance hepatic and pancreatic glutathione (GSH) is toxic. It is in excess of 200 gm/kg in rats. That is literally a bus load of Cauliflower in a human. At the dosage needed, it seems that tissue necrosis and hepatotoxicity are going to occur. So normally eating cauliflower does not significantly increase GSH.

2) GSH is very important and is sufficiently produced by the body and not from ingested glutathione (which is poorly absorbed) - production may be influenced from the ingestion of precursor molecules.

3) I would like to see evidence that GSH helps with skin tightness. I know it is used as a soap to white skin as it has a melanin inhibition effect. Do you have a study? If anything, a quick look at examine.com suggests that, for those that are interested, that GSH might be influenced by an Alpha Lipoic Acid, which is touted as having skin tightening effects (as a cream, can't remember?). But then we can go down the rabbithole of anti-aging stacks and their efficacy...

4) If you are interested in food increased glutathione production then the things to eat are meats (raw) or whey for their cysteine content which is used by the body to produce GSH. Cooked cauliflower is next to useless as the glutathione is broken down. So if you are doping on cauliflower at least eat it raw, asparagus (again raw) ... or Spinach have a high content. BUT these sources are next to useless as the absorption in the gut is minimal and has been shown to NOT increase plasma GSH.

I wanna make out with your big, beautiful brain....
    LoveAndYourBrain_post.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I really need to have a good brussel sprout experience because I've tried them twice and they were horrible, just *kitten* nasty, and I LOVE veggies.

I know they're nutrient dense and packed with good stuff, but... EW!

I don't care for them steamed but they're very good roasted with a little oil and salt and pepper.

However I also don't think there's any reason to force yourself to eat something you don't like-- the vitamins in brussels sprouts are available elsewhere.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    Options
    My question RE brussel sprouts is, "What do they sprout into?" I've never seen a full-grown brussel.
  • focused4health
    focused4health Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I think it is meant to be satirical.:yawn:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My big 5 has to be

1) Sugar
    2) Wheat and associated products (bread, pasta etc..)
    3) Potatoes and other starchy nasties
    4) Fruit Juice and Sodas
    5) Anything with low fat, 0% fat, 99% fat free etc... on the label.

All will make your belly bigger in a bad way.

None of those things is a problem for a person with no allergy/intolerance. I regularly eat all of those except soda/fruit juice (because I prefer to eat my calories) and I don't have a belly fat problem.
  • stiobhard
    stiobhard Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I really need to have a good brussel sprout experience because I've tried them twice and they were horrible, just *kitten* nasty, and I LOVE veggies.

I know they're nutrient dense and packed with good stuff, but... EW!

well if you eat frozen ones they are pretty much ruined... they need to be fresh. but apart from the japanese soup i mentioned they are good with potatoes and onions in "bubble and squeak" ... basically a jazzed up hash... you can find it in any british themed pub. I think i had them in an argentine restaurant here as well, but that was a while ago so i cannot be certain.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    It doesn't hurt my feelings at all if you or anyone else believe I'm incorrect.

I'll enjoy my healthy, tight, glowing skin while you shun cauliflower, and we'll all be happy and have exactly what we want.

To be honest, I hate even telling other people some amazing info that I've spent years gathering, because I feel that because I worked hard and seeked far for bits of wisdom here and there, others should put forth the same effort to find answers, so I'm glad you're here dissuading others from trying it. Thank you! I'll keep the beautiful skin for myself.

PS, things don't have to be scientifically proven to be true, some things have very little research available to even reference, and research and scientific opinion grows, develops and changes over time. We used to believe the world was flat, eh?

:flowerforyou:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

I'll enjoy my healthy, tight, glowing skin while you shun cauliflower, and we'll all be happy and have exactly what we want.

To be honest, I hate even telling other people some amazing info that I've spent years gathering, because I feel that because I worked hard and seeked far for bits of wisdom here and there, others should put forth the same effort to find answers, so I'm glad you're here dissuading others from trying it. Thank you! I'll keep the beautiful skin for myself.

PS, things don't have to be scientifically proven to be true, some things have very little research available to even reference, and research and scientific opinion grows, develops and changes over time. We used to believe the world was flat, eh?

I certainly hope you feelings aren't hurt. Information should be emotionally neutral but it does seem by your post that they are. If they weren't why even bring it up?

A lot of this post comes off as reactive, passive-aggressive - now that people disagree with me I'll keep the info to myself? Sure?

:flowerforyou: best of luck, not trying to knock your research, if you have it feel free to share it, or not and I'm not shunning cauliflower, I like it. Although I like it as cauliflower not fake pizza.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Thanks, professor!
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    Options

Thanks, professor!

That's Dr. Professor to you! He didn't go to professor school for 7 years to be called just professor!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Thanks, professor!

That's Dr. Professor to you! He didn't go to professor school for 7 years to be called just professor!

D'oh! Sorry.

Thanks, Dr. Professor! :drinker:

ETA: That's coffee.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    :angry: Hmph! I like all of those things. Well, I can tolerate quinoa, but I don't like the texture.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Cauliflower contains the most bio-available L-Glutathione, which is amazing for skin. It has many different effects on the skin, all positive. It's one of the few foods that contain it.

People pay a serious premium for it from health food stores and such, not realizing it can be eaten, and absorbed by your body easier than the pills.

No, completely incorrect.

1) Cauliflower and other vegetables from the same family contain cyanohydroxybutene which can enhance glutathione production in the liver (but wait for the kicker). The actual glutathione contained is mostly useless as it is not absorbed.

Except - the dosage needed of CHB to enhance hepatic and pancreatic glutathione (GSH) is toxic. It is in excess of 200 gm/kg in rats. That is literally a bus load of Cauliflower in a human. At the dosage needed, it seems that tissue necrosis and hepatotoxicity are going to occur. So normally eating cauliflower does not significantly increase GSH.

2) GSH is very important and is sufficiently produced by the body and not from ingested glutathione (which is poorly absorbed) - production may be influenced from the ingestion of precursor molecules.

3) I would like to see evidence that GSH helps with skin tightness. I know it is used as a soap to white skin as it has a melanin inhibition effect. Do you have a study? If anything, a quick look at examine.com suggests that, for those that are interested, that GSH might be influenced by an Alpha Lipoic Acid, which is touted as having skin tightening effects (as a cream, can't remember?). But then we can go down the rabbithole of anti-aging stacks and their efficacy...

4) If you are interested in food increased glutathione production then the things to eat are meats (raw) or whey for their cysteine content which is used by the body to produce GSH. Cooked cauliflower is next to useless as the glutathione is broken down. So if you are doping on cauliflower at least eat it raw, asparagus (again raw) ... or Spinach have a high content. BUT these sources are next to useless as the absorption in the gut is minimal and has been shown to NOT increase plasma GSH.

Love the explanation!

giphy.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options

I certainly hope you feelings aren't hurt. Information should be emotionally neutral but it does seem by your post that they are. If they weren't why even bring it up?

A lot of this post comes off as reactive, passive-aggressive - now that people disagree with me I'll keep the info to myself? Sure?

:flowerforyou: best of luck, not trying to knock your research, if you have it feel free to share it, or not and I'm not shunning cauliflower, I like it. Although I like it as cauliflower not fake pizza.

Damn.gif
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Nope, it's real.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything except for the asparagus. That stuff is the *kitten*.
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My question RE brussel sprouts is, "What do they sprout into?" I've never seen a full-grown brussel.

Don't they grow into cabbages?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    it's well past time for congress to act and outlaw these. :angry:

I agree with on everything, BUT the asparagus!! JS :tongue:
  • JenniferPlus2
    JenniferPlus2 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    quKz3Xh.gif
  • PikaKnight