• kittley
    kittley Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 5'6" and currently 156.2 lbs -
    UK 12-14 (US 10-12). :-)
  • Ariadne83
    Ariadne83 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Finding this thread so interesting as a 5'6 er myself. One thing I am noticing is that some people seem to weigh more than me but look really slim. It's making me think I mustn't have much muscle tone which might be why I am relatively light but have excess fat in certain areas. Also it seems that people of different weights are wearing the same size clothes, perhaps this is down to body shape? I find I have to wear bigger tops and dresses to accommodate my chest and shoulders but they are often too big on the hips. All very interesting anyway.
  • stmcfred
    stmcfred Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and weight 155. I'm a size 8 depending on the brand.

At my smallest 137 I was a size 4 (and could fit some 2's)
  • manjoharris
    manjoharris Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and 170 lbs. I am wearing a (US) size 12 pants, but think I can probably start squeezing myself into a 10 as my 12s are getting baggy. I wear a size Medium or Large shirt depending on the style.
  • aelphabawest
    aelphabawest Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and 158 lbs - size 8 jeans, 10/12 on top/dresses. Not due to breasts, as these booblets don't add much - I just have a broad rib cage that cannot/will not get smaller.
    When I was 220, I wore a size 18 in Old Navy Jeans (meaning, probably a 20 elsewhere, they tend to be generous in their sizing).
  • Mom_of_X
    Mom_of_X Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    amazing how body composition changes the fit of your clothing. i love the variety here!

5'6 - 141 lbs, size 4 pants, small tops -- my butt and thighs are stretching my pants out now, but the waist is gaping. (Hello, squat booty!!) and my shoulders are too broad for my smaller tops now, although sleeveless tops i can still wear XS if they have a little give.
  • serafina57
    serafina57 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    5'6" 142. Size 8 or 10 (sizes are too inconsistent in women's clothing brands)
  • NikkiRaeLucas
    NikkiRaeLucas Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am 41 years of age 5'6" and according to most apps I am "obese". I weigh 211.5. I am looking to get down to 170 where I was wearing size 10/12 Mediums. I do have larger bones with an hour glass shape. I think for most women it comes down to shape and even bone structure. I think the greatest thing we can do for ourselves as women is not try and compare ourselves to one another but be happy with who we are and feel comfortable in our own skin :)
  • soxobsessed
    soxobsessed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    5'6'' here, I am 130 lbs size 4/6 in pants usually a small in shirts but certain shirts I end up in a medium because I have long arms and a long torso
  • natmk07
    natmk07 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'5.5 and 154 i'm between a 6 & 8 depending on the brand.
  • KarmaLaine
    KarmaLaine Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", 168lbs, hourglass shape, and my size 8 pants are pretty snug. I carry a lot of weight in my chest, especially when I'm heavier. Most of my shirts are medium, but I'd be more comfortable in a large right now.

My goal is 145lbs, where I will be a comfortable size 6 and medium top. Looking forward to getting back into "normal" sized bras.

Around 130lbs, I'm a size 4/5 but I don't really need to get that small again.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    5'6", 174 and in 8-10 pants, size 12 dresses and suits.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I have to ask what brand some of you ladies wear. I'm 5'6" 143 and wear a 9 jeans, 8 dress pants, medium or large top (depending on brand). I'm amazed when I see someone with the same height and weight saying they were a 4 jeans.
  • polkadotdottie
    polkadotdottie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 1/2 and I currently weigh 176. I wear a size 8 in some pants and most dresses and in some pants and skirts size 10/12. I am pear shape so I can wear smaller sizes on top which tend to be S/M/L. It all depends on the style.

When I had got down to 155 I was able to comfortably wear size 6 and squeeze into a 4 for skirts and dresses. I am working towards getting there again.
  • Mom_of_X
    Mom_of_X Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have to ask what brand some of you ladies wear. I'm 5'6" 143 and wear a 9 jeans, 8 dress pants, medium or large top (depending on brand). I'm amazed when I see someone with the same height and weight saying they were a 4 jeans.

although brand plays a big role, especially in different areas of the world, so does body fat percentage and lean muscle mass. a runner, a couch potato, and a body builder all with the same height and weight will not wear the same sized clothing, no matter what brand.
    *but since you asked, and i'm 2 lbs less than you, i wear a 4 in Old Navy, New York & Company, Calvin Klein, Ann Taylor, etc. and 5 in most junior brands, albeit with little room in the thighs.

***Edited because I can't seem to spell anymore...
  • MojoRevival
    MojoRevival Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 111 lbs, size 2-ish pants, S/XS shirts depending on width of the cut.
  • tethar
    tethar Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm five six and weight 221 lbs, I'm a US size 18 or XL.
  • Cheakymouse
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and weigh in about 162 lbs. I'm usually about a size 10/12 pant but because I'm fairly muscular across the back and shoulders and I have long arms so I usually wear large to extra large shirts.
  • cottonta1l
    cottonta1l Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    5'6, 123 pounds, a size UK 6-8 on top and sometimes a 10 on bottom, although usually an 8.
  • thenewmanda
    thenewmanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    5'6" 143 lbs-- Medium shirts and 7/8 pants