5'6 or 5'7", around 155 pounds, how many calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• PollyPhoenix
    Options
    Whaaaaaaaaaat? I'm 5 ft 6.5, 141 lbs looking to get down to 130ish (started at 147), and to lose 1lb per week MFP is only giving me 1280 cals a day! (I've set my lifestyle to sedentary because I work an office job but I do exercise a lot and always eat back my extra calories)

But it sounds like all you girls are doing well even though MFP is allowing you far more base calories than me! What have I done wrong?

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Polly- Some of them are in maintenance, others didn't set MFP to lose 1 lb./week. And probably all are including those 'exercise calories' in their stated intake here.
  • PollyPhoenix
    Options
    Ahh, I thought we were talking about the basic allowance before exercise. That's a relief - I was feeling hard done by :p
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", 38 yo. Started weight loss at 160lbs. Sedentary/very lightly active person (outside of exercise--but I eat those calories back, yup). Lost 20 pounds in about 20 weeks eating an average of 1700 calories. That's TOTAL, not net, I use custom settings so not sure what my net really is.

Eating around this amount while losing is typically very attainable. The trick is to be *very* diligent and accurate about logging (no cheats--or if you need a "diet rest" day, still log it, be honest with yourself). Weigh everything solid, measure all liquids. Be active if you'd like to eat more (sounds like you are outside of work, OP), and eat back a portion/all of those calories (get a Fitbit or similar to help track activity better if you'd like).
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and when I was 160 pounds I ate around 2000 cals a day. I was moderately active though. If I sat around doing nothing I would have maintained on 1600-1700.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    5'6", 150.5 lbs, 38 yo, moderately active. I'm eating 2100-2200 as an attempt at maintenance right now. Last week I lost a half pound.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    im 5ft5 and 140lbs looking to be 130lbs by around march nice and slowly does it I am able to net 1660 but average around 1500 and I lost 2lbs last month