Vegetarian in Need!!

2»

Replies

• Oranda
    Oranda Posts: 121
    vegetariantimes.com
    Just logging this for later use. Thanks! and congrats on your change of diet. I found when I became a vegetarian 8 years ago that I became a lot more adventurous with what I ate - spices, stange sounding veggies, etc. I had no idea what I was missing before :) Enjoy!
  • Thanks ladies ... I did clarify in the 1st sentence that I eat these other things. Some 'True Vegetarians' would say that you're not a Vegetarian if you eat dairy and eggs either ... But the neologism for that is now Vegan .... In the 70'and 80's those people were just called strict vegetarians. If you're offended by the fact that I use the lable vegetarian ... even clarified ... I apologize. Thanks for the tips.

No need to apologize! No offence taken. These "True Vegetarians" you call it are actually called Vegans. They don't eat any animal by products at all and are the most extreme form. I admire their commitment but I think I love food way too much to give up some of those things!

With that being said, if someone said it didn't matter that there was a difference between a vegetarian and a vegan, vegans everywhere would be pretty upset. They are that passionate about what they are doing.

My goal is to educate, not belittle, and I definitely support your mostly veggie life-style!

I already mentioned Vegans by name twice. I have a niece and a friend who are Vegan. My point was just that when Vegetarianism became a big thing in the 60's the term Vegan didn't exist. Vegan is actually a rather new neologism. Back when I was originally a ... I guess now we're referred to as Pescatarians ... They were just 'Strict Vegetarians' .... No animal and no animal by-products. My form of Vegetarianism (sorry it was referred to as such then) was called Lacto-Ova-Pesci Vegetarianism. Guess I've received some new education on the subject. And I agree with you ... I just can't give up my dairy or my eggs ... And my choice is to eat fish because of the healthy things it contributes to my body ... And I love it!
  • Hey, yeah I am in NZ too so thats a great tip for me! I like 3fatchicks.com, its got lots of things that i love to eat.
    I eat a lot of mexican food, as most can be made yummy and vegetarian, or pescatarian if youre that way inclined. Also a lot of indian food sites have cheap yummy vegetarian, and japanese food is great for that too.
This discussion has been closed.