Husband says he liked me weighing more?

Options
My husband and I had a discussion last night, he says he wants for me to weigh 140-160 lbs ( currently I am 95 lbs) . Is this to get me to gain more weight or do men actually not care for "skinny"?

Replies

• Veropal
    Veropal Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Have you always been thin? 95 sure is thin, and 140-160 is a huge JUMP from 95. How tall are you???????
    From my experience men don't like super duper skinny. Depends on guy! :)
  • manningania
    manningania Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Have you always been thin? 95 sure is thin, and 140-160 is a huge JUMP from 95. How tall are you???????
    Yeah I was just a staring to fall in the overweight category when we were getting married at 160 and I am 5'6 lol
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    95lb at 5ft6 is very very slim... i am 5ft5 and 136lbs, i would look dead if i lost 40lbs.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Uh..I think you might be the one with the problem. 95 pounds is MINIATURE, especially for 5'6. I'm 5'5.5 and my most comfortable weight is around 130-135. Do you know your BF%? Maybe you need to check with a doctor to figure out what's healthiest for you.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Yeah I was just a staring to fall in the overweight category when we were getting married at 160 and I am 5'6 lol

Wow, 95lbs at 5'6" is severely underweight, like scary. 120-140 would be "normal"
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    95 at 5'6 is a lot underweight...
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    At 5'6" and 95 lbs, you're seriously underweight. You should probably see a doctor... And gain some of the weight back in a healthy way.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options

160 at 5'6 is barely overweight, you are right but 95 pounds at that height is VERY underweight.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I'm going to leave this here: http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org
  • pearson114
    pearson114 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You are you... do what makes you happy.

I have had relationships with 'skinny' women and larger women. There are differences between the two but the only difference that really mattered was how they felt, as their feelings were reflected in their everyday personality.

If you are happy, your husband should respect that. :)

Have a nice day.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    If those figures are correct and your 5'6 and 95 pounds your husband is right and you need help. You are unhealthily under weight with a BMI of 15. Listen to your Husband and go and get some professional help
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I agree with the rest of the posters - 95lbs is too thin! It's about healthy, not skinny. Good luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    You sound very underweight. I'd strongly recommend talking to your doctor / nutritionist and consider gaining weight in a healthy way and consider building some muscle. You'll look and feel good.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and weigh 115 and have been told all kinds of things e.g., I'm too thin, skeletal, anorexic, sick, etc. My husband would also like me to put 10 or 15 pounds back on. Bottom line is I have done this for me and not for anyone else. I don't really give a crap what anyone thinks of me... I like what I see when I look in the mirror and that's what counts.

If you have to ask... than maybe you're doubting that you look good at your height and weight.

I know that my body looks and feels the best between 115 and 120. Any lower than 115 and I look and feel sick.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    If you are happy, your husband should respect that. :)

Have a nice day.
    So her Husband should respect that she is putting her health at risk. Hmm Now that's a weird take on a marriage. When I was Morbidly Obese my wife told me she feared for my health she told me because she loved me.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I'm going to leave this here: http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org

This.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    95? Yikes! @ 5'6"?

I believe the last time I weighed that was in elementary school.

Please go get something to eat, ill inbox you some Jimmy Johns coupons.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options

I'm 5"6. Per BMI, our healthy weight range is 124.9-154.9, I beleive. The smallest Ive ever been is 164lbs with BF% of 28, in my military days.

95lbs :noway:
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree with others above. 95 is way too thin for your height. You may have gotten a bit carried away with the dieting. How about splitting the difference and shoot for around 130-135?
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Your husband is worried because you definitely have an eating disorder. You're SEVERELY underweight. You need to see a doctor ASAP, and preferably get into some sort of program for eating disorders.