Quest Bar Flavor Reviews - Share Yours!

Options
List the Quest bars you've tried, tell us how you ate it (right out of the package, microwaved for __ seconds, baked at ___ for ___ minutes, etc), and how you'd rate the flavor on a scale of 1-10.

Mine:
- Cinnamon Roll - right out of the package - 4/10 - I wasn't impressed, considering this is a popular flavor. It had an odd taste.
- Vanilla Cashew - right out of the package - 2/10 - I had a hard time getting this down and keeping it down. Love vanilla, love cashews, hated the flavor of this bar.
- Chocolate Brownie - microwaved for 15 seconds - 6/10 - Microwaving definitely improved the texture, flavor was better than the other two, still not all that impressed.
- Double Chocolate Chunk - microwaved for 15 seconds - 8/10 - Yum! The texture after microwaving was great, chocolate chunks were delicious, and the flavor of the bar was fantastic.
- White Chocolate Raspberry - microwaved for 15 seconds - 5/10 - I was expecting much more out of this flavor. The white chocolate chunks were great, especially melted, but the raspberry flavor had an odd twist to it.
- Cookies and Cream - microwaved for 15 seconds - 8/10 - Very good flavor and texture. I could've easily eaten another one.

**I'll be trying the oh-so-popular Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough before my workout on Wednesday morning, so I'll get back to you on that one. Fingers crossed!

^ That'll be the last flavor I try before buying a box of the ones I enjoy most. So far, I'll be re-purchasing Double Chocolate Chunk, Cookies and Cream, and maybe Chocolate Brownie. I won't re-purchase any of the others I listed.

My Bottom Line: Microwaving these bars is absolutely essential for me to enjoy them. The texture of them right out of the package is just awful.

Replies

• fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    List the Quest bars you've tried, tell us how you ate it (right out of the package, microwaved for __ seconds, baked at ___ for ___ minutes, etc), and how you'd rate the flavor on a scale of 1-10.

Mine:
    - Cinnamon Roll - right out of the package - 4/10 - I wasn't impressed, considering this is a popular flavor. It had an odd taste.
    - Vanilla Cashew - right out of the package - 2/10 - I had a hard time getting this down and keeping it down. Love vanilla, love cashews, hated the flavor of this bar.
    - Chocolate Brownie - microwaved for 15 seconds - 6/10 - Microwaving definitely improved the texture, flavor was better than the other two, still not all that impressed.
    - Double Chocolate Chunk - microwaved for 15 seconds - 8/10 - Yum! The texture after microwaving was great, chocolate chunks were delicious, and the flavor of the bar was fantastic.
    - White Chocolate Raspberry - microwaved for 15 seconds - 5/10 - I was expecting much more out of this flavor. The white chocolate chunks were great, especially melted, but the raspberry flavor had an odd twist to it.
    - Cookies and Cream - microwaved for 15 seconds - 8/10 - Very good flavor and texture. I could've easily eaten another one.

**I'll be trying the oh-so-popular Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough before my workout on Wednesday morning, so I'll get back to you on that one. Fingers crossed!

^ That'll be the last flavor I try before buying a box of the ones I enjoy most. So far, I'll be re-purchasing Double Chocolate Chunk, Cookies and Cream, and maybe Chocolate Brownie. I won't re-purchase any of the others I listed.

My Bottom Line: Microwaving these bars is absolutely essential for me to enjoy them. The texture of them right out of the package is just awful.

I've only tried 5 flavours. Here's my list in order of preference.

1. Choc chip cookie Dough 9/10 - the best!
    2. Cookies and Cream // Cinnamon Roll - 8-9/10 - I highly rate both of these!
    3. Double chocolate chip - 7/10 - Good but I found the texture not great - and a bit dry
    4. Apple Pie - Disappointed with this flavour - it was ok but I didn't want to eat more than 1!
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    -Chocolate Chop Cookie Dough = 9/10
    -Double Chocolate Chunk = 9/10
    -Cookies and Cream = 7/10
    -Lemon Creme = 0/10... horrible
    -Peanut Butter Supreme (I think that is the name, it's in a green wrapper) = 10/10... tasted like a candy bar
    -Chocolate Brownie = 8/10
    -Banana Nut Muffin = 6/10

I eat them all plain without heating them up. I'm usually on the go or at work with no scheduled break when I eat one, so no opportunities to microwave them. Though I have microwaved the choc. chip cookie dough one a few times and it was great. Someone else told me they cut them into little pieces, microwave the pieces, and then put them on vanilla ice cream. That sounds pretty good.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I only like the coconut cashew ones, so far. I like it slightly warm and soft.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    White chocolate raspberry- 1/10, had a hard time finishing it. Will not be purchasing quest again, $2.66 is too high for so much disappointment.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    White chocolate raspberry- 1/10, had a hard time finishing it. Will not be purchasing quest again, $2.66 is too high for so much disappointment.
    I don't like any of the fruit ones. blech.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Cookies n Cream - 10/10 only kind I buy now

Raspberry White Chocolate - 8/10

Cookie Dough - 7/10 (found it too rich)

Double Chocolate Chunk - 1/10 - never again. Find it has a brutal artificial sweetener after taste

PB&J/Cinnamon Roll/Choco Peanut Butter - 5/10 - They were all just ok, won't buy them again ever but they weren't offensively bad.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options

I almost gave up on Quest after the Cinnamon Roll and Vanilla Cashew. I'm glad I didn't, because I've found some good flavors and you just can't beat the nutritional benefits and convenience. It seems if it's chocolate or cookie flavored, it's a safe bet.

The nutrition shop I use sells them for $2.50 (they're $2.99 at GNC here), but they'll let you mix them up and create your own box. The regular boxes have 12, but this place will give me 13 for the same price of $26. So, that evens out to about $2/bar. Still expensive, but I only eat three per week. Definitely better than nearly $3.
  • kaycepo
    kaycepo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was so excited to try them and I have tried 3 now. They are not my idea of yummy to say the least! I thought they were disgusting!
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    All of my Quest bars have been straight out of the package.

Lemon Cream Pie: The only one, so far, that I cannot STAND. I wouldn’t buy this one again. Very gritty, no lemon flavor to speak of, just a horrific taste. Ugh. Can I give this one a negative 5? 0/10

Cinnamon Roll: Not bad. I wish it had a stronger cinnamon flavor, but it’s doable. I wouldn’t buy a whole box of this, though. 4/10

Apple Pie: Delicious. I love the little apple chunks and oats in it. It doesn’t taste quite like an apple pie, but it’s pretty damned good. Might even be better heated a little. I would (and have) bought a box of these. 9/10

Cookies and Cream: Wow, VERY good. Little pieces of what tastes like sugar-free Oreos in it. The guy at my local GNC tells me he can’t keep it in stock – I believe him. Box for sure. 9/10

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: Pretty good. It’s a little rubbery for my taste, but the flavor is great. Little bits of chocolate chip add to the interest. I’d probably buy a box. 8/10

White Chocolate Raspberry: This is just okay, bordering on “meh”. Not much raspberry or really anything else in it. Kind of flavorless. A disappointment. No box here. 3/10

Have not tried any of the others yet. Probably won’t even try the banana nut muffin, as I don’t like banana flavor in anything other than the actual fruit.

The Lemon Cream Pie was the first one I tried - good thing I tried another flavor or I'd have NEVER purchased them again!
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Cookies and Cream: 10/10 - Love these ones. I can eat them straight from the pack without heating and I love the pieces of cookie and whatever the white chunk stuff is! I have bought a box and would continue to do so.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: 8/10 - First time I tried these, I warmed it up for too long and it mostly ruined it, but I could still tell it had good taste had I not done that. Will be buying again.

White Chocolate Rasberry: 9/10 - Another favorite. Only thing I hate is the seeds in them, but the flavor outweighs that negative. Would buy a box.

Apple Pie: 0/10 - Took one bite and threw it away. Hated this one.

Peanut Butter Supreme: 6/10 - Really not bad, just kind of bland to me. Wouldn't buy again.

Vanilla Almond Crunch: 8/10 - Didn't like it from the package, but heating it up made it delicious. Would buy again for my house where I can microwave, but not for on the go.

I have a PBJ bar waiting for me to try at home too.
  • tropicaltiger
    tropicaltiger Posts: 254
    Options
    I put in microwave and they are yummy-I really like them helps me from eating sweets-I use them as a treat-I like cookies and cream-I do buy the boxes-and keep one on hand -I also use them as ameal replacement
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    THERE IS A NEW COOKIES AND CREAM FLAVOR!!! AWESOME!
  • queenjane1023
    queenjane1023 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Strawberry Cheesecake - 0/10 This was horrible and I had one bite and threw it in the trash.

Lemon Cream Pie - 0/10 Also completely awful. I finished it only because I had nothing else to eat for my snack.

Both these flavors had barely any fruit to them and were very gritty. If I try another flavor, it won't be a fruit one. There seemed to be some sort of weird salt taste as well.
  • pinkshiningstar
    pinkshiningstar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Strawberry Cheesecake - 0/10 This was horrible and I had one bite and threw it in the trash.

Lemon Cream Pie - 0/10 Also completely awful. I finished it only because I had nothing else to eat for my snack.

Both these flavors had barely any fruit to them and were very gritty. If I try another flavor, it won't be a fruit one. There seemed to be some sort of weird salt taste as well.

I've bought these flavors in the past. I'd never eat them right out of the package, but baked in the oven they're actually pretty decent!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    What's the difference in texture after baked in the oven vs. microwaving?
  • lauraashley09
    lauraashley09 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've only tried the cookie dough ones, but I absolutely hate them. They remind me of eating cardboard. Microwaving helped move it from a 1/10 to a 2/10 for me lol
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Chip cookie dough 9/10, LOVE had one today actually! I usually eat right out of package, they are also Delicious crumbled up with banana and almond flour, almond milk, and made into a pancake. Random and delicious. I find that they are very hit and miss with flavors. I detest the pb&j, love the banana nut muffin, and am disappointed by the lemon. All in all, cookies and cream/chocolate chip cookie dough/ white chocolate raspberry/ banana nut muffins are the only ones I will touch.

Little quick tip, might be only where I live (Missouri) at Hyvee they have Wellness Wednesdays where all organic/health produce is 10% off. Quest bars are usually 2/5 so they are much cheaper on wed and I stock up!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I have had the Cookie Dough one. 3 out of 10 maybe? Wasn't very good at all. Definitely not worth the coin to me.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I only enjoy them slightly warmed in the microwave. They are unbearable to eat at room temperature because they are so stiff and dense - afraid of breaking a tooth!

Cookie Dough: 9/10 My favorite so far. Good flavor, satisfies cookie dough craving.
    Cinnamon Roll: 5/10 My husband mistakenly bought a box thinking this was my favorite flavor... I still have 6 bars left, and he bought the box a YEAR ago. Just can't ever seem to bring myself to eat another one. Weird after-taste.
    Banana Nut Muffin: 7/10 Pretty pleasant when nice and warm. Better than cinnamon roll for sure.

I've tried like 4 other flavors, but they weren't that memorable and it's been quite a while since I've bought any Quest bars. The next time I buy any it will definitely be cookie dough or cookies n cream, since I haven't tried it yet and it looks like other people like it.
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    In for the flavors!

I just started trying the Quest Bars. So far I've had....

-Cookies-n-Creme -- 8/10 --- will have again (straight out of the wrapper)
    -Chocolate Brownie --- 9/10 -- will have again, it felt like a decadent treat
    -White Chocolate Raspberry - 8/10 -- will most likely have again.
    -Coconut Cashew -- 8/10 --- tastes a little bit like macaroons. Mmmmm.