Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Quest Bar Flavor Reviews - Share Yours!

Options

Replies

• gloriaeffe
    gloriaeffe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    - Double Chocolate Chunks: 8/10. I microwave it for 45 seconds or so. Then top with mixed berries (warmed up so they're juicy) and a couple of tablespoons of greek yoghurt. Tastes like dessert!

- Apple Pie: 9/10. This is probably my favourite. I normally eat it straight from the package cause I can't wait to do anything else.

- Banana Nut Muffin: 7/10. I really like this one too cause it's filling and I love bananas in general. I prefer it when it's not microwaved for some reason I can't explain.

- Coconut Cashews: 6/10. I like it but find a bit too sweet for my tasting.

- Chocolate Peanut Butter: 4/10. I find it quite plain and flavourless.

- Cinnamon Roll: 6/10. Very sweet but it does remind me of real cinnamon rolls, and I love cinnamon!

Can't wait to finally find the new Cookies & Cream in Australia too.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    My favorite is coconut cashew.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I finally tried the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. I'd give it a 6 or 7/10. Not as good as I was expecting with all the rave reviews. Double Chocolate Chunk and Cookies and Cream are way better, but it wasn't too bad.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Just an update: tried the Banana Nut Muffin. As expected, I didn't like it. The taste was just... off. It didn't taste like banana, but it didn't really taste like anything else, either. I'd give this one 1/10 (only because the lemon creme pie was worse).
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have tried a couple of flavors, so in order from least to most liked:

5. chocolate peanut butter
    4. banana nut
    3. coconut cashew
    2. cinnamon roll
    1. white chocolate raspberry

I ordered a sampler box off amazon and will try microwaving to see if there is any difference. I really like the texture of the bar though. overall- 7/10 average for the ones I've tried.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    So interesting - I'd never consider buying any fruit flavoured ones lol its chocolate or nothing!

That said, they're super expensive over here. I enjoyed the cookies and cream flavour (8/10), the cookie dough heated (8/10), did not like the chocolate chunk one - tasted too much like chemicals.

I've started making my own, and they're just as good!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    Cookie dough is really good! If I have the money for a box I'll definitely order them. The brownie was alright and strawberry cheesecake was kind of meh. I only have one left to try from my purchase, but it's the lemon one so now I'm afraid to.
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    The only one I don't care for is the Lemon one..

But they do need warmed up a little before eating...
  • One_Last_Time
    One_Last_Time Posts: 125
    Options
    - Cinnamon Roll - right out of the package - 3/10 - Not a fan. Even warmed up, still wont buy again.
    - Chocolate Brownie - microwaved for 10 seconds - 7/10 - soft and warm brownie. Weird texture though.
    - Double Chocolate Chunk - microwaved for 10 seconds -5/10 It was decent warmed up but to sweet.
    - Cookies and Cream -package -2/10 tasted really salty. I don't like white chocolate.
    -Chocolate chip cookie dough-warmed or package-9/10 My 3nd fav bar.
    -Banana nut muffin- package or warmed- 10/10 my fav bar
    -Peanut butter supreme- out of package-2/10 Rock hard, think i got a bad one. I'll have to retry.
    -Cheese cake-out of package-6/10 pretty good flavor, good when I want fruit over chocolate.
    -Vanilla Almond- warmed or package- 9/10 second fav bar. So good.
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am the fitness nerd who has tried EVERY quest bar flavor.
    Here it goes:

Cookies n Cream: Very good. It grew on me. I approve of any "health food" that involves oreos.

White Chocolate Raspberry: Another flavor that grew on me. Super yummy. Although, not all quest bars have the same amount of calories, and I hate that its calorie content is higher

Vanilla Almond: This flavor is another flavor that I like that I'm annoyed that it's one of the higher calorie ones

Chocolate Peanut Butter: One of my faves. The only peanut butter quest bar I really like. And only 160 calories!

Cinnamon Roll: This is my favorite quest bar flavor. Tastes like a cinnamon roll. Amazing.

Apple Pie: Really yummy. Definitely a good one to try.

Chocolate Brownie: Don't care too much for this flavor. Not bad, but it's not as good as double chocolate chunk, so I'd rather just eat that.

Strawberry Cheesecake: This one was really disappointing. Doesn't taste like cheesecake, just artificial strawberry tasting. Totally bummed it wasn't better.

Mixed Berry: This one is too high calorie for how much I like it. It's okay, but not worth the extra calories to me.

Coconut Cashew: Meh. If you're into coconut candy, you might like it, but it didn't impress me.

Peanut Butter Supreme: Too hard and chalky :(

Lemon Creme: I really love lemon bars normally, but this one was disappointing. It's okay, but wouldn't buy a box again.

PB & J: Again, too hard and chalky. Bummed because I thought this one would be awesome. Also, a higher calorie quest bar, so not worth it.

Banana Nut Muffin: I love this one. Really tastes like a banana nut muffin

Double Chocolate Chunk: I love this one. If you're craving chocolate, just have one of these! Only 160 calories and tastes awesome!

Chocolate Chip cookie dough: Had heard rave reviews of this one, so it was the first one I tried. It's good, but I'll admit I was expecting more. It's one of the higher calorie quest bars, but I do like this flavor enough to eat it sometimes.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Brownie: Yum yum yum yum YUM. 9/10. Maybe even 9.5/10. Did I say yum? :love:

Also scored a box of Apple Pie over the weekend for 19.25 (before tax). :love: :love:
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    I'm obsessed with raspberry white chocolate and cookies and cream.

Not wild at all about any of the peanut butter and brownie and chocolatey bars that I've tried.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I caved and bought an Apple Pie Quest Bar this weekend and ate it before my workout this morning. Wow, I'm impressed. I thought I'd hate it, but it was actually really good. The little pieces of apple were great. I'll be purchasing more next month when I finish the 12 I have left. :)
  • sappy42
    sappy42 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This thread got me trying Quest Bars lol! Now I think I'm addicted...

Cookies n Cream...nuked as suggested and really enjoyed it. 9/10

Vanilla Almond Crunch...LOVE almonds, was very happy it was real almonds and not just favouring. This is probably my fave so far 10/10

Cookie Dough...yum! I can see why they can't keep them in stock. 9/10

Choco Chunk...very rich, not bad but not a fave. Lasted thru both snacks yesterday so I guess that's a plus. 7/10

Trying Peanut Butter Supreme soon. I really wanted to try Lemon Pie/Lemon Creme (whatever the lemon is called) but I'm nervous that it'll taste artificial. May try Banana Nut and Coconut Cashew next time.
  • EnviDreams
    EnviDreams Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    OMG u guys are tripping!!! Quest bars are DELICIOUS!!! So far I have only tried the cinnamon roll and peanut butter & jelly---both amazing!! 10/10 & fills you up & makes u feel satisfied. Amazing product
  • callas444
    callas444 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I've liked all the ones I've tried, but faves are cookies and cream, cookie dough, and vanilla almond. I never warm them.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I've tried just about all of them... And ALL of them are better heated. Haven't tried the oven yet, but micro works in a pinch, but I live in AZ and leave one on my dash board when I'm in the gym and come out to warm melty deliciousness! :love:
    I think the fruit flavors are more challenging and I also prefer the ones with lower cals and fewer sugar alcohols...
    My favorites:
    Double chocolate chunk-absolute favorite!! I have one almost every day!!
    Choc. PB, choc brownie, oreo, PB supreme and coconut cashew are second place options

Not gonna buy again:
    White choc raspberry
    Cookie dough
    Lemon
    Cinnamon bun
    Banana nut muffin
    Pb&j
    Vanilla almond

I get them at hi health and save $2 on 2 boxes and get a $10 card off my next purchase...so they come out to about $2/each. That I can live with! I NEVER stop for Starbucks or other quick treats, so this is my indulgence :).
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Bought 12 assorted flavour bars today at Popeyes Fitness, I got the box discount so they cost $2.49 each. I have tried most flavours and my favourite is white chocolate raspberry, my least favourite chocolate and brownie ones which is odd because I am a chocoholic. I don't mind them right out of the wrapper but I like them better warmed in the microwave. Away from home I follow the suggestion of the salesman at Popeyes and leave them on the dashboard of my car in the sun. Yummy!!

I also get Popeyes bucks when I buy them for use on future purchases - free Quest bar soon yay!
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    My favorite is coconut cashew.

To me this one tasted like vomit

The chocolatey ones are pretty good. I guess our tastes are so varied its hard to compare flavours.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Brownie: 9
    Chocolate Peanut Butter: 9
    Cinnamon Roll: 8
    Lemon Creme Pie: 7
    Mixed Berry Bliss: 6 (didn't like the crunchies in it)
    Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: 5 (don't like the chunks)
    Cookies and Cream: 6 (didn't like the chunks)
    Double Chocolate Chunk: 5 (chunks again)
    Strawberry Cheesecake: 7
    White Chocolate Raspberry: 7

I have never heated any of them. I like them room temp.