Breakfast question

Options
13»

Replies

• moondazed
    moondazed Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You can make yourself a huge smoothie with fruit, oats, protein powder, yogurt and whatever else fills you up! It takes me less than five minutes and keeps me going for a while
    Like lots of people already mentioned, overnight oatmeal is a good option as well!
  • joycelyn35
    joycelyn35 Posts: 20
    Options
    My husband loves Vega 1. I use Almond Milk and half of a frozen banana in a Ninja blender. You can purchase Vega 1 on Amazon.

I peel hard boiled eggs and separate by twos in Ziplocs with a little sea salt and pepper for an on-the-go breakfast with fruit and a bar.
  • joycelyn35
    Options
    We also soak steel cut oatmeal in a rice cooker overnight and turn it on in the morning. Ready in 5 minutes - top with fruit and honey. Eat it while you're getting ready!
  • jess17587
    jess17587 Posts: 153
    Options
    I think a cereal bar is best like "nature valley" but keep in mind it won't keep you full so your self control at lunch has to be strong but neither would a drink...
    so maybe a piece of fruit on the side of it would help e.g satsuma,apple or pear.

when i used to have cereal i portioned it in zip lock bags and measuring the milk in the morning was easy
  • dltaylorii
    dltaylorii Posts: 132
    Options
    Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I EAT ALL THE BREAKFAST!
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    We juice the sh@t out of some red cabbage, beets, lemons, limes, orange, apples, kale, spinach, chard, mustard greens, carrots, celery, bell pepper, ginger, mint, etc.

We love the taste, getting all of those crazy-@ss nutrients, replacing a meal with fresh juice.

Just get ready for everyone to tell you you're an idiot for thinking juice would "cleanse" you and increase your muscles and decrease your workout time, intensity, frequency...

But we totally enjoy fresh made juice.
  • joycelyn35
    Options
    Worm5996 - Are your eggs grey after cooking or after freezing? If they're grey from cooking, you need better pans.
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Clif Bars are my go to breakfasts these days.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    We sometimes prep a week of breakfast burritos and freeze them.

thats good one...i hear breakfast burritos freeze pretty well
    they do. We usually do something like eggs, beans, cheese, or eggs, butternut squash, cheese (and green chile, of course).

How do you get your eggs to not turn grey? I have tried making my own and freezing them but the eggs always get a greyish tint and look unappetizing. My DH and DS won't eat them like that.

You don't need better pans. You just need to follow some chefs tips on how to boil the perfect egg.

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_make_perfect_hard_boiled_eggs/