Don't be an AskHole

Snow3y
Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
This is your typical user who will ask and ask and ask for advice, and you give and give, but then user neglects all you've told them.

Don't be an AskHole please. Too many out there.

Replies

• ChippyLoo
    ChippyLoo Posts: 23
    Clever.
  • Snow3y
    Clever.

I wish I had been the inventor of the word, but I had only known the type of people that do this, and wasn't sure what to call them!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,030 Member
    The AskHoles who piss me off are the ones who ask a question, get 24 great, thoughtful responses and one negative one and only ever respond to the negative one, crack the sads about how mean MFP is, then go off in a huff.
  • _mermaid_
    _mermaid_ Posts: 82
    Or a DumbAsk.... someone who asks dumb questions that they don't really need an answer to.
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    *Hands up and waving in eager for attention*

So? To have such a high curiousity in asking so many questions does annoy a person? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:
  • Snow3y

So? To have such a high curiousity in asking so many questions does annoy a person? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:

Did you read? It's when people ask countless amounts of questions, they're given the advice, neglect the advice, wonder why they're not successful again.

Curiosity is asking something, because you seek to find the reasoning and such to what's being asked. Curiosity is not a person who asks questions only to just ignore the advice given, and sit later moaning of why they still don't know the answer..
  • Snow3y
    The AskHoles who piss me off are the ones who ask a question, get 24 great, thoughtful responses and one negative one and only ever respond to the negative one, crack the sads about how mean MFP is, then go off in a huff.

lmfao, I must agree.. and I've seen this so so many times here :D
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Or a DumbAsk.... someone who asks dumb questions that they don't really need an answer to.

Do you mean the entire Chit-Chat section?:laugh:
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member

Did you read? It's when people ask countless amounts of questions, they're given the advice, neglect the advice, wonder why they're not successful again.

Curiosity is asking something, because you seek to find the reasoning and such to what's being asked. Curiosity is not a person who asks questions only to just ignore the advice given, and sit later moaning of why they still don't know the answer..

Ah..Okey! ^_^

But then again there are such idiom 'one ear in one ear out'
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member

..or the "Need Support with Dr.OZ Miracle Sugar Detox After Failing 6 Times. It's All That Works For Me"
    99% of people say to avoid this. 1 Person says "Me Too!" Op responds to them.
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member

This!!
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Excellent! New words for my MFP dictionary..

I now have hangry....askhole and dumbask.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Or, the ones that ask a question, get 24 great, thoughtful responses telling them what they don't want to hear, get one or two enthusiastic responses telling exactly what they do want to hear, and only listen to/reply to those.
  • hdlewis22
    hdlewis22 Posts: 7
    "Crack the sads" :drinker:
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member

Pisses me off every time too.
  • TeresaB1979
    TeresaB1979 Posts: 158 Member
    I get mildly irritated when I (and other people) go to the bother of typing out a response with the intention to help the 'askhole' and then they never respond at all.

I know people have the attitude that communication on the internet is different to 'real life' but to me it seems just as rude as somebody completely ignoring you when you speak to them.

A couple of times on here I have gone into to detail trying to help someone and they never so much as say 'Thanks' and ignore (helpful) others too. Or maybe come back and only reply to the negative responses. Manners cost nothing! (Aaargh, I am turning into my mother ;-). ),

Oh yeah, I've noticed one person on here who is 'desperate' for help yet when people give her solid advice/replies to her 'Help me!' posts... Nothing. Just doesn't respond. Seems plain rude to me.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    words that I have learned today:

hangry (what does this mean?)
    'crack the sads' (love this!!)
    askhole
    dumbask
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member

askhole
    dumbask

Hangry = hungry angry person.

and crack the sads - we use that all the time in Oz.

EDITED to include crack the sh*ts (another favourite in Oz) = someone who gets very shirty or grumpy suddenly.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member

askhole
    dumbask

Hangry = hungry angry person.

and crack the sads - we use that all the time in Oz.

EDITED to include crack the sh*ts (another favourite in Oz) = someone who gets very shirty or grumpy suddenly.

Don't forget "I haz feelz"
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member

askhole
    dumbask

hangry is hungry + angry, i.e. when someone's grumpy from undereating/being hungry all the time.