Don't be an AskHole

2»

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    The AskHoles who piss me off are the ones who ask a question, get 24 great, thoughtful responses and one negative one and only ever respond to the negative one, crack the sads about how mean MFP is, then go off in a huff.
    Or, the ones that ask a question, get 24 great, thoughtful responses telling them what they don't want to hear, get one or two enthusiastic responses telling exactly what they do want to hear, and only listen to/reply to those.

yeah this.... or they ask a question, get lots of truthful answers but get in a strop because it's not what they wanted to hear, whine about how much negativity there is on the forum, then one person replies supporting all the same pseudoscience that the OP has fallen for and throws in a bit of white-knighting about how everyone else on the forum is a bunch of negative nancys, and they respond like "finally, someone who actually knows how to be supportive!" ............ then a few weeks further down the line wonder why they're not seeing the results they thought they would....
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    The AskHoles who piss me off are the ones who ask a question, get 24 great, thoughtful responses and one negative one and only ever respond to the negative one, crack the sads about how mean MFP is, then go off in a huff.
    yep
  • chriamaria
    chriamaria Posts: 76 Member
    Or a DumbAsk.... someone who asks dumb questions that they don't really need an answer to.

Haha. I remember always hearing the phrase, "There is no dumb question." I always thought that phrase was pretty dumb.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Or, the ones that ask a question, get 24 great, thoughtful responses telling them what they don't want to hear, get one or two enthusiastic responses telling exactly what they do want to hear, and only listen to/reply to those.

yeah this.... or they ask a question, get lots of truthful answers but get in a strop because it's not what they wanted to hear, whine about how much negativity there is on the forum, then one person replies supporting all the same pseudoscience that the OP has fallen for and throws in a bit of white-knighting about how everyone else on the forum is a bunch of negative nancys, and they respond like "finally, someone who actually knows how to be supportive!" ............ then a few weeks further down the line wonder why they're not seeing the results they thought they would....

wow it appears there are a lot of types of askholes out there and like the other ones they stink.
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    What about the ones who ask the same question in lots of different ways. Expecting a different answer lol
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    I have observed that Askholes usually suffer from a very serious medical condition (as proved by broscience) - Specialius Snowflakitis.

Terribly debilitating. Truly horrendous condition. No-one knows how hard it is to suffer from Specialius Snowflakitis unless they have a degree in Broscience.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    This is your typical user who will ask and ask and ask for advice, and you give and give, but then user neglects all you've told them.

Don't be an AskHole please. Too many out there.

There are people on MFP who struggle with body image and have a distorted idea of what a diet looks like. I've seen some people be confused and frustrated and upset for over a year, but try again and again, and learn new things the entire time.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    What about the ones who ask the same question in lots of different ways. Expecting a different answer lol

these usually get spotted by the mods quite quickly.... but yeah, didn't like the answers first time let's ask again and keep on asking until *someone* gives me the answer I want.... lol
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    They also "vent" about "rude" people commenting negatively on their weight, when once you start digging for more information it turns out 9 people have been supportive (here or in their local community) and only 1 has been rude. Talk about picking one's battles wisely; no wonder people run out on steam to get this thing done when priorities are that much off.
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Seen this a lot over the years, no so much here, but I will get asked for advice and most will just ignore it. It use to bug me, but nowadays I don't care. If they want help I'll give it, where I can, but if they don't like what they hear meh.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    This is your typical user who will ask and ask and ask for advice, and you give and give, but then user neglects all you've told them.

Don't be an AskHole please. Too many out there.

There are people on MFP who struggle with body image and have a distorted idea of what a diet looks like. I've seen some people be confused and frustrated and upset for over a year, but try again and again, and learn new things the entire time.
    The more frequent way is to keep doing the same thing over and over, without changing a single thing.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Or a DumbAsk.... someone who asks dumb questions that they don't really need an answer to.

Do you mean the entire Chit-Chat section?:laugh:

23683-Ashton-Kutcher-burn-gif-95QB.gif