Zumba.

Options
2»

Replies

• TheDash12
    Options
    I've never seen the videos, but I go to Zumba 3 times a week at the gym. My mom and my sister also take the class with me, it is so much more fun than doing it alone. Don't worry about how you look or if you don't think you can dance, just have fun with it. It's not exercise, it's a party!

Also, I wish they would add it on here as an exercise. What does everyone else use to log it in? I have no idea how many calories I burn doing Zumba.

I know it can be frustrating not knowing how many calories exactly you burn while you do Zumba. But depending on how intese you do the moves it will determine how much you burn.

Most of the time I input areobic high intensity in MFP and go from there.

I need to get me one of those BodyBuggs lol and KNOW FOR SURE!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I have the DVD package. I've had it since late June. I am addicted! The only advice I have is do the intro more times than they say to really get it down and give yourself time to learn all the steps. Once you have it, you'll be flying!

For those people who were talking about joint pain, since I'm at home I can do Zumba barefoot! Haven't had one problem. I do wear socks to help my feet slide better.

Have fun! You will love it!
  • kelbel76
    kelbel76 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I actually just got home from my first Zumba class. It was a lot of fun! I can't believe I made it through the whole hour without keeling over. I'm excited to go again soon.
  • rokikio
    rokikio Posts: 92
    Options
    I have the DVD set too with the toning sticks. I really enjoy it and it is so much fun. It's a work out video I never get tired of and the music is good. Enjoy!!
  • snappo2000
    snappo2000 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I take umba clases at my gym. LOVE IT!!!!
  • snappo2000
    snappo2000 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sorry I meant to say ZUMBA, not umba!
  • FairyGodMother
    FairyGodMother Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    450 - 700 calories per Zumba class - that is how many calories I have burned. It's a wide range but my classes start at 8pm and sometimes I eat dinner too late and I am working out while I'm still too full. Since the end of September I have lost an inch off my waist by doing Zumba 3 times per week. My instructor is fantastic and I have only missed one class in about 6 weeks. I have tried other classes but the instructors have been very dull so I'm going to stick with my high-energy girls who keeps us going.
    I wear a Polar Heart Rate Monitor while I am doing Zumba and I can see how many calories I have burned on the read-out.

I am addicted to Zumba classes just like I was addicted to cardio kickboxing in the late-90s when I was a size 6. Let's see if I can do that again with Zumba!

Keep up the good work!
  • sherry_80
    sherry_80 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have the DVD package. I've had it since late June. I am addicted! The only advice I have is do the intro more times than they say to really get it down and give yourself time to learn all the steps. Once you have it, you'll be flying!

For those people who were talking about joint pain, since I'm at home I can do Zumba barefoot! Haven't had one problem. I do wear socks to help my feet slide better.

Have fun! You will love it!

I did barefoot for a while too, my feet keep hurting for no reason. after 3 months, i started wearing shoes again and the pain went away.
    I do the dvd's, i have been doing them for a while, I pretty much memorized the dances, except the sculpt, i dont have the full version of that dvd.