I am so tired of....

Options
2»

Replies

• BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    Options
    UGH, you all reminded me of how weak I am with my kids. :sad:

My oldest is impossible - in his defense he has lots of emotional / ADD / ocd issues , but i don't try hard enough! so my youngest suffers because I cater to my oldest when cooking. I

I need strength and more ideas - Moms keep talking!!

We exist on 5 or 6 meals and I hate this rut we are in....

My 14 yr old has ADHD and ODD. He has issues with textures , and issues with everything in general. Like I said find the foods he likes. If it spaghetti chop the veggies teeny tiny. Can do this with LOTS of foods.
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    My youngest(the one with the sensory issues) also has ADHD. His DR. has actually encouraged me to have him eat clean(healthy, little processed food, fresh fruits and veggies, etc) I guess it's supposed to really help with the symptoms, oh and told me to back off on the dairy-for the sensory issues. ANyway I have noticed a HUGE improvement , although to others it maight not be noticable. I decided that just b/c my child had these issues that did not give him a free ride to get his way and have chicken nuggets.:laugh: If I try something new it is only one part of the meal, so at least there are other things that they will eat, and I make them try it. I'll make again in a couple of weeks and make them try again. I keep introducing it until they will eat some or most of it. I don't try to make them eat things that kids just won't eat, like brussel sprouts, which I happen to love. They will eat fresh spinach though, I just put it in the salad and act like it came out of the bag. :wink: We all garden together and they love to eat the things they planted. When they were younger I always did this little saying with them "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit", now I just have to say "you get what you get" and my 10 y/o will finish it off for me:laugh:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Heck, just puree the veges and they'll really never know! Lots of wonderful advice on here. That's why i love this place.

We actually got our kids to love brussel sprouts! By parboiling them for just a minute, cutting them in half and stir frying them with lots of garlic in a little olive oil with a tad of butter for flavor. Can you believe they actually ask us when we're going to get to have them again?! (My hubby's recipe)
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Great ideas! My 13 year old is ADD also so just getting him to pay attention what he is eating has been a challenge in the past, but the older he gets, the more willing he is to try new things.