the "why did i just eat that" thread.

Options
I don't think people should beat themselves up about eating something they hadn't anticipated or otherwise regret on some level. just curious what your "why did i eat that" meals have been in the last couple of days. If you haven't had any...that is great. This is targeted at people who have had a "bad" meal (in their subjective view). Thanks.

I had a york peppermint patty for breakfast. no, it didn't break the bank calorie-wise...but it also gave me zero nutrition.

Replies

• loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    My mom made this fab cheese dip for my brother's birthday....I was good all day on Monday...took one teaspoonful of it COLD and my mouth started to jump with excitement..I ate the whole damn thing *sigh*...
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I did that during this past holiday season...

It was my dinner but I over indulged and when I was bloated and feeling icky I was like "wth why did I do that?:grumble: "....haven't done it since tho...I hate that feeling and the food eh was good but the last few bites weren't that great...
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I went to Walgreen's hunting for a hair product and decided to look for a Cadbury egg, even though Easter was practically a month ago and I knew they probably wouldn't have any. I wound up buying a 2 pack of dark chocolate grahams, which I did not really want or need. They were so good with a cup of Earl Grey, but I'd just had pepperoni pizza for lunch and DID NOT need to eat that too.

My day was still good overall (macros/cals met) but it was silly. I should have just stayed in the hair care aisle and then left.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    My husband made the first BBQ ribs of the season yesterday, and I budgeted for 3. Then my son held one of his out and said "This is too black for me" and I kindly obliged and took it and ate it. Turns out it was 2, so I had a total of 5.

Still turned out fine overall for the day but I wasn't planning for it.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I had a bag of fritos with my lunch yesterday, stayed within my calories for the day, but I could have had more ice cream last night if I didn't eat those darn fritos (which weren't so awesome) with lunch. :bigsmile:
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I ate a Cadburry egg the other day that had been sitting in my purse since Easter. Not the best decision.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I never ask myself that. The answer is almost always, "because it was delicious." And then I move on...
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I ate 8 brie tartlets at an event over the weekend. They weren't even good. I ate them because I wanted them to be good. The brie was whipped with something (lite cream cheese? air?) and all you tasted was the dry wafer, but I ate 8. I justified it at the time by thinking about how I needed something in my stomach because I was at a beer sampling event. 8 didn't taste better than 7. I was eating to eat and that's that.
  • cv2k
    cv2k Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I was rushing a bit yesterday morning and had to eat something because I was hungry so I grabbed a couple of pizza pops to heat up at the office, terrible choice but they were delicious.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    My father-in-law grilled some phenomenal beef tenderloin filets for Mother's Day. I love steak but red meat does not agree with me anymore. I swear I felt horrible until this morning from eating it.
  • littl3xlion
    littl3xlion Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My "why did I eat that" was the fried cheesecake I had last week. I usually split it with a friend, which I don't mind, but last week I had a whole slice. The last few bites did not make it worth it, but I exercised and moved on, haha.
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    brownie crisps - I bought a little bag and opened them a week ago - and every night I have 3 or 4 - They're crisp cookie like things and small like potato chips - but are chocolate brownies instead and absolutely delicious. I'm really glad I haven't sat down and eaten the whole bag at one sitting. They are that good... I wish I wouldn't touch the bag every night though - I haven't put them into my food journal either. I just don't know how to justify them...

I'm eating less than a serving size - so maybe the calories don't count?
    :)
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Two bottles of wine later... :drinker: :sick: :blushing:
  • laureneliset
    laureneliset Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I ate a Cadburry egg the other day that had been sitting in my purse since Easter. Not the best decision.

Hahahahaha, been there, done that!
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm a total binge eater, so I'm use to bouts of *ahem* overindulging, but this is completely embarassing...one night, like a week or two ago, I cut into a block of jalapeno cheese in the morning and brought some to work. When I got home I had another slice, later another slice, and then by the end of the night the block was gone. It wasn't until my boyfriend saw the wrapper in the bin that he asked, "oh, do we have any more cheese?" (I think he thought I took it out of the packaging and placed it in another bag.) And it hit me....I ate the ENTIRE BLOCK OF CHEESE IN ONE DAY, without even being conscious of it. This was back when I wasn't tracking consistently. Worse, was that my boyfriend was there when I opened the package and he became very quiet when I squeaked out, "no." I think he too realized that I'd eaten the whole thing in one day.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    My why did I just eat that is always something no one else would want to eat. I love CHEESE, any kind of cheese but I tend to eat it in excess. I buy the Sargento shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese in the 7oz bag. An open bag is an empty bag!!! It's is only available at Wal-Mart and I don't go there often because it is out of the way. So when I do go I end up buying the cheese. There have been times when I have eaten the cheese on the way home from the store. This is my weakness, I am aware of it and I know that I just need to stop buying it!!!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I'm a total binge eater, so I'm use to bouts of *ahem* overindulging, but this is completely embarassing...one night, like a week or two ago, I cut into a block of jalapeno cheese in the morning and brought some to work. When I got home I had another slice, later another slice, and then by the end of the night the block was gone. It wasn't until my boyfriend saw the wrapper in the bin that he asked, "oh, do we have any more cheese?" (I think he thought I took it out of the packaging and placed it in another bag.) And it hit me....I ate the ENTIRE BLOCK OF CHEESE IN ONE DAY, without even being conscious of it. This was back when I wasn't tracking consistently. Worse, was that my boyfriend was there when I opened the package and he became very quiet when I squeaked out, "no." I think he too realized that I'd eaten the whole thing in one day.
    My butt hurts thinking about this :sick:
  • GretaGirl8
    GretaGirl8 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    They weren't even good. I ate them because I wanted them to be good.

I love that line. so true.
  • freckledjezebel
    freckledjezebel Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'd been craving Taco Bell for a while, so we went the night before last. I got a Mexican pizza and two spicy chicken Doritos Cool Ranch tacos. Honestly the pizza would have been enough, but I ate both tacos too. I was so full I couldn't fall asleep. Plus it put me over calories. Oh well, moved on. Just one of those days I guess.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    OMG I have been guilty of similar incidents and my hubby also will just kinda go quiet. He tells me I am beautiful no matter what size I am, Which really doesnt help either. But gotta love'em