I'm not against plastic surgery, but................

Options

Replies

• rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It's not about large feet or anything. This surgery is to make it so it's not painful to wear high heels … VERY high ones.
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    There is all kinds of crazy plastic surgery. This one does not surprise me. From calf implants to calf reduction, there is countless beauty surgeries that is offered to make one feel their best. *shrugs* Not getting any of them done.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    It's not about large feet or anything. This surgery is to make it so it's not painful to wear high heels … VERY high ones.

Yep.... NOPE! I wear sky high heels often, and NEVER have pain! Unless she had a foot condition that needed to be corrected to just wear shoes in general.... I think this falls into a category of Body Dysmorphic Disorder!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I feel pain from the pressure of all my weight concentrated on the balls of my feet, not from the shoes. No surgery can fix that.

I only wear really high heels when I know I can sit or take them off after a while. Easier than surgery.
  • FitWithWit44
    FitWithWit44 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Not to wear heels, but maybe for a cool tattoo

62926278_2357.jpg
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    *snort* Pinky Shaming ;)

maxresdefault.jpg

You can thank the movie Boomerang for that lil' nugget.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Faaack that!
    I don't wear heels now, and I sure am not going to get surgery so I can.
    My bf and I joke how I'm wear some pimped out Keds on our wedding day.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    No thanks! I will wear my flats, tennis shoes, flip flops all day every day or nothing at all when possible.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • 281Danielle
    281Danielle Posts: 113
    Options
    That just seems silly to me. I don't know I just don't think doing surgeries like that are important or healthy. I can understand a boob job if you don't have any or if you've had kids, lost a lot of weight and just want them to look better and I can understand getting skin removed and body lifts but removing your toe so you can wear heels just seems nuts to me. Honestly I rather wear flipflops and not look weird than have a toe removed to wear high heels....
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    are you kidding me!!! that is the craziest thing I have ever heard...

I would be up for some nice boobs, but thats it!!.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Hmmmmm . . . cut off toe, get wider shoes . . . get wider shoes, cut off toe.

That's a tough one. *rolls eyes*

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I actually accidentally severed the pinky toe on my right foot a few years ago. I was lucky enough to have it reattached and she looks just as good as new, so I can't imagine ever voluntarily mangling my foot again for fashion's sake! My balance is buggered as it is!
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Cinderella surgery
    Just read an article on this
    It's been around for years and lots of people get it
    Ridiculous
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    It's subjects like this that serve to reinforce the fact that I have never and will never understand fashion. I have also decided, I'm ok with this.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Cinderella surgery
    Ridiculous
    It should be called "stepsister surgery."

In the original Grimm's version, the sisters cut off their toes and heals, respectively, to fool the prince and fit the shoe.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    The shame is I have 2 friends with horrible bunions. Both have been in pain for 15-20 years, and have a hard time finding shoes.

My one friend had the complete surgery on one foot last year. She is STILL not completely recovered!!! :noway: I watched the pain she was in before the sx, then what she went through in the healing process, and it simply amazes me anyone could do this on purpose!!

This entire thread has made me rethink my thoughts on my own body. I think I will continue to get leaner, healthier...............and avoid the knife if I can :drinker: :drinker:

A man I know said "The perfection is in the imperfections" Now if we can just believe this :love:
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    what is she going to bang against the coffee table in the midde of the night ?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Cinderella surgery
    Ridiculous
    It should be called "stepsister surgery."

In the original Grimm's version, the sisters cut off their toes and heals, respectively, to fool the prince and fit the shoe.

Wow! Now I will be hunting the internet for the original writings!
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options

That being said, if I brought a girl home to romp around with, I took her shoes off and BAM! no pinky toe. I'd be freaked out!

especially once she said she had it removed on purpose

RUN FOR THE HILLS!!! not the heels :) me so funny