Do people really do this if they're cheating?

Options
2»

Replies

• edisonsbulb
    edisonsbulb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Don't dwell on why. Keep it movin'.
    Let's go do some shots. I hear tequila aids in weight loss.
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It's called turning the tables, flipping the script, deflecting.

There are many terms for this, but basically, the man turn things around, blames or accuses the woman of the very act for which HE is guilty, thereby catching the woman off guard, causing HER to become defensive. As a result, she becomes so busy defending HERSELF to him that she forgets that HE is the guilty one.

I've experienced this myself with my ex-husband and an ex-boyfriend. Some men (and women) are very good at this, so you've got be very careful how you handle the situation.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    It's called turning the tables, flipping the script, deflecting.

There are many terms for this, but basically, the man turn things around, blames or accuses the woman of the very act for which HE is guilty, thereby catching the woman off guard, causing HER to become defensive. As a result, she becomes so busy defending HERSELF to him that she forgets that HE is the guilty one.

I've experienced this myself with my ex-husband and an ex-boyfriend. Some men (and women) are very good at this, so you've got be very careful how you handle the situation.
    This. SO MUCH this. And sometimes the best thing you can do is let him "dump you" and move on... That way he's out of your life on his terms and less likely to come back around. If he DOES come back, that can be worse. Count yourself lucky, OP, and be glad that unlike him, YOU don't have to live every day with... well, him.