Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Options
2»

Replies

• missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    If you're losing inches you're not doing anything wrong.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    my only contribution would be to do 40 minutes of heavy weights i.e. compound movement, and 20 minutes of cardio ..or do three days a week of heavy weight training and do cardio on off days…

and what everyone else said …
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Got a new sport for you.
    Open the window and chuck that scale out.
    Repeat weekly and see if you can beat last week's distance. :-)

Love this!!
  • FrancescaWebb
    FrancescaWebb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    ...real monsters!

bahahaha...love it
  • lisanug
    lisanug Posts: 14
    Options
    That's a good idea.. I suppose as it's still relatively new I want to see the changes like yesterday! I will take on board all comments and stick with it. I'm happy with the measurement side so I'll keep that as my focus :)
  • lisanug
    Options
    That would be great for the bingo wings right?!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    That would be great for the bingo wings right?!

Fat loss is good for bingo wings, but weight training helps them look better as the fat goes away.
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Um, I feel stupid--what the bleep is a bingo wing?
  • bjkidfun
    bjkidfun Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    This!
  • Asarsfield15
    Options
    The same thing has been happening to me. I've been working out 3-5/6 times a week doing cardio kickboxing, treadmill intervals and weights. I'm eating healthier and have up candy and soda. I had lost 5lbs and the in the last week gained back 2lbs. I've been doing this for 7weeks now. I figure even if I am not completely accurate with my calories I'm close and with the changes I am making you would see a difference on the scale. My clothes do fit better and my friend say they can see a difference but I want changes on the scale. Do you really think it's water weight from muscle?
  • lisanug
    Options
    Wave your arm in the air if you have a bingo wing it will flap merrily away long after you've stopped waving. It comes from cute old ladies waving their arms about when they have a full house at bingo. Hence bingo wing. :)
  • lisanug
    Options
    It's quite disheartening isn't it. You put in so much effort for what feels like frig all. Everyone keeps raving about patience so that's what we have to do. Keep at it and wait...
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Its water weight. You are starting a new and heavy exercise regime and your body is retaining water in your muscles for glycogen storage and repair. If you are losing inches and your clothes fit better and you enjoy your new lifestyle my recommendation for fixing your problem.....put the scale in your closet.

5 weeks in? I doubt she is still retaining that much water for glycogen storage and repair.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Its water weight. You are starting a new and heavy exercise regime and your body is retaining water in your muscles for glycogen storage and repair. If you are losing inches and your clothes fit better and you enjoy your new lifestyle my recommendation for fixing your problem.....put the scale in your closet.

5 weeks in? I doubt she is still retaining that much water for glycogen storage and repair.

Maybe I misread but I thought she had recently changed her routine
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    This!

It's the flappy part where your triceps are. You know, when you wave goodbye to someone and slap them in the face at the same time?