VERY SERIOUS QUESTION 2 ASK! PLEAZ READ EVERY 1!!

Options

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but IT IS A FREAKING SPANKING. samck on the butt. I remeber being spanked twice when I was younger, my sister and brothers as well. When we were VERY naughty, we got spanked, and you better believe we didn't dare do whatever got us in trouble in the first place again.

My father, who is the most caring, generous, and gentle man in the world got the belt when he was younger. People are so concerned with the violence, kids growing up to be violent. Letting your kid watch TV unsupervised or play all those outragious xbox games is worse than a spanking or two. Balogna.
  • michie1979
    Options
    YOU should leave HIM!!!!!
    He has NO right to spank YOUR GrKids!!!! How would their mother feel about that!!!! He sounds very controlling. Negative punishment is not the way to go, however I do believe a spank on the bum if a child has crossed some boundries, and needs to learn a lesson in order to keep them safe in the future (e.g. i got spanked for going on Train Tracks when I was 5, and i deserved it! I sure as hell didnt go near them again! I could have been killed!)
    Plus, they are waaay to old for spanking. They could accuse him of assault if he did hit them, and he could probabaly end up in jail.

I would definitely be worried about a grown man wanting to spank teenagers that arent his?!?!?!?!
  • Brat3073
    Brat3073 Posts: 160
    Options
    ... THE MAN IN MY LIFE IS TELLIN ME THAT HE IS GOIN 2 LEAVE CUZ I WONT LET HIM PUNISH MY GRKIDS...
    [/quo

First off, 11 and 13 are too old to be spanking. Second....the man in your life....so i take it that you are not married to him...that so means HE HAS NO RIGHT to spank them, punish them or lay a hand on them. However, he does have a right to put his opinion out there. I think taking privileges from the kids is fine. when my 15 year old was little, he got a few spankings, but mostly it was time out and redirection......and to be honest, my timeouts were rough, he would have rather had a spanking! LOL I dont feel spanking are bad, in fact im a firm believer in them and my 19 month old even gets a pat on the hind end when needed (if he is doing something that is going to hurt him or someone else). I was spanked as a child....whats good for the goose is good for the gander. I think you need to tell the man in your life that they are your kids and you will punish as you see fit, hes got no right to lay a hand on them. Im sure you dont want him to leave, but if he cant RESPECT your decisions on discipline for the kids, then maybe he dosent respect yo.......just a though.
  • CHANGES4ME
    CHANGES4ME Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    MY FRIENDS FROM WORK BELIEVES THAT AS U GET OLDER, U NEED TRUST 2 LEARN THINGS, U DONT GO BEHIND THIER BACKS, SNOOPIN IN DROORS; UNLES THEY GIVE U A REASON TOO... & THE TYMES THAT THEY WERE SPANKED, IS LESS THEN THE FINGERS ON 1 HAND... WHEN IT COMES 2 DISAPLINE, THIS THE ONLY, THE ONLY THING WE SEE DIFFERENTLY.....
  • VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    Options
    I don't think this has anything to do with eating nutritiously, exercising, and losing weight. This conversation should not be posted here.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I also agree with other posters. 11 & 13 are too old for spankings.
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    He's not even related to these kids right? He has nooo right to lay his hands on them.
    Besides, they are way too old for a spanking! I got a few as a kid and I turned out (in my opinion) pretty good...but I wasn't spanked after the age of 8.
    I'd be concerned about this guy.
  • Brat3073
    Options
    Sorry, but IT IS A FREAKING SPANKING. samck on the butt. I remeber being spanked twice when I was younger, my sister and brothers as well. When we were VERY naughty, we got spanked, and you better believe we didn't dare do whatever got us in trouble in the first place again.

My father, who is the most caring, generous, and gentle man in the world got the belt when he was younger. People are so concerned with the violence, kids growing up to be violent. Letting your kid watch TV unsupervised or play all those outragious xbox games is worse than a spanking or two. Balogna.

i do not agree....this man is not their father or even grandfather, he has no right to spank them. As for the Xbox games....my kids play them.....they dont hurt kids.....i choose the games that are bought......the games you are talking about....yeah, they are not the best...but thats on the parents for buying them to begin with!
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    She seems pretty upset and frantic...probably wasn't looking at where the right place to post was.
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I was beaten when I was a child, be it with slippers, belts, or hands. I was even caned. On my mothers side, in Morocco, beating your children is nothing abnormal. My cousin is 22 and she still gets beaten. And from what I have seen, constant beatings results in fear to do anything, so we are obedient but only out of fear. I am 19 now and I don't get beaten that much, maybe the occasional slap in the face or head but I'm used to it so it doesn't hurt as much.

All I'm saying is that beating your kids isn't the best of methods, I don't know about kids of this generation because from what I've seen, they just don't care if you beat them or take their things away.
  • Brat3073
    Options
    I don't think this has anything to do with eating nutritiously, exercising, and losing weight. This conversation should not be posted here.
    [/quote

get over yourself. People are on here for emotional support. She sounds very stressed and worried about the situation......and we all know where worry and stress leads...or we wouldnt be here. Have a heart!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    "The man in your life" has no legal right to lay a hand on those children. If he touches them, he may well face assault charges and you may well face losing custody for allowing it to happen. All it takes is for one of the kids to tell a teacher or a friend's parents and have it reported. A man who is trying to convince you to allow him to hit people you love, against your wishes, needs to be shown the door. Or at least make sure he is never alone with them.

100% agreed! It's one thing to discuss with you that maybe YOU need to look into another form of punishment (not necessarily spanking) because historically what you are doing isn't working. But once you tell him no and that you are against it then that should be it. No more discussion.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I was spanked up into my teenager years (until I was 16!) and I turned out fine! Sometimes kids just need a good ole spanking to get their act straight. Shoot we would get spanked by the belt - 3 times.

Although I do believe that if you weren't my mother or dad (blood relative) than that person didn't have the right to spank me. My mom would have our stepdad (who ever it was at the time) spank us or punish us).
    Since I didn't view them as father figures I felt like they have no right too.

I say if he wants to leave cause you or he can't spank the kids, LET HIM GO!!! (Personally, he would be out the door already!) Never chose a man over your grandchildren/kids. My mom just got remarried for her 9th time, I don't mind her new husband putting my girls in time out (if he lasts that long w/ my mom when my girls get older) but he he lays a hand on my daughter's I will not allow my girls to stay at her house w/o me present.

If anything happens to my husband and I were we get divorced and I decide to have another relationship, I will only be the one to spank my kids!
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I was only spanked once because I threw a pencil at my brothers eye, didn't hit him, but I was mad at him over something so dumb. My dad lost it and spanked me. Only time I was ever spanked though and I grew up good! My brothers were spanked more though for being mean to me. LOL
  • VCStarr
    Options
    I think the whole get over yourself comment was a little rude and uncalled for. I understand stress effects weight but parenting sites are the place to discuss spanking. So are child abuse sites. This is a weight loss and nutrition site. Parenting questions that have nothing to do with weight loss or nutrition do not belong here.

There is no reason to get angry but there are better places to get answers for such questions. If parenting questions are your main focus then why not take advantage of the information on a parenting site. Also the please read every1 title is a little extreme.

It is a serious and important topic of conversation. I have children of my own and do not support spanking unless there is an EXTREME need for it. But I'm not going to come here and ask about child development and learning disablities or hormone development or anything. That is not why people come to this site.
  • Brat3073
    Options
    HE WAS A NAVY RECUE DIVER, & IN GENERAL IS A VERY GOOD PARENT! HE BELIEVES THAT AS U GET OLDER, U NEED TRUST 2 LEARN THINGS, U DONT GO BEHIND THIER BACKS, SNOOPIN IN DROORS; UNLES THEY GIVE U A REASON TOO... & THE TYMES THAT THEY WERE SPANKED, IS LESS THEN THE FINGERS ON 1 HAND... WHEN IT COMES 2 DISAPLINE, THIS THE ONLY, THE ONLY THING WE SEE DIFFERENTLY.....

So what, he was a navy rescue diver.....i dont care if he was the president of the united states, that still doent give him the right. Hes a bully and he dont respect you. If he touches your kids (grandkids as they may be, but you are raising them, they are your kids) he is the one that should be punished. It's called abuse....and if he spanks them on the butt, they they can turn it into sexual imposition. I guess in the end, its up to you to let him do what he wants. i truly hope you dont let him....sounds like he needs to hit the pavement!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I was hit as a child. Spanked, hit, belt, stick. Even to this day my Dad thinks he did the right thing, in the name of 'discipline'.

I say, he was an impatient, controlling, egotistical, arrogant *kitten*!

NEVER hit your children!!!
  • VCStarr
    Options
    Apparently my opinion is in the minority and i am sorry if I have offended anyone. I have not changed my opinion but I do respect all of yours. I apologize if I have upset anyone.
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    I was spanked as a child, and I'm fine. Conversely, I know people - some who weren't spanked and are "fine," and others who are not 'fine" - and people who were spanked who are 'fine," and others who are not "fine." It really depends.

Everybody has one issue or another no matter what type of discipline is used.
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    why would you want to hurt your child? i wouldnt dream of hurting my little girl.