Staying Fueled at the Office. What are your hacks?

Options
2»

Replies

• civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    2. I only eat what I make and pack myself. I make all my lunches for the week on Sunday night. If I don't have my own food I just don't eat. I won't order out.
    Since March, I've basically eliminated leaving for lunch and pack all my food. One awesome side effect (other than the caloric dense food from fast food -- which I really never ate much anyway) is the money I've saved.
    [/quote]
    3. I don't ever snack. The only thing ever on my desk is coffee or water.
    My snacks are planned mini-meals between the three squares. My caloric/macro needs are different than some of the others.
    4.... I leave the building entirely and drive to a local park, or I'll sit on a bench outside our building.
    That's nice, but Wisconsin. :D~
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    yay it i'm not the only guy with measuring spoons in his desk
    Just bought them the other day. The plastic was cheaper, but I like stainless better.
    boo at what appears to be Muscle Tech
    What would you recommend? Back in my mid-20s/early 30's I supplemented with only EAS products, but now I am less picky and budget sensitive. What you can't see is the single 11oz serving Mypolex Lite in the far upper right corner. To the right of the MT is a four year old bottle of EAS Phosphagen that I had packed away before I quit - trying to use that up now.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    My office gets fresh fruit delivered every Monday, so I can always snack on bananas, grapes, kiwi, oranges, apples, and many varieties of pears.

I drink plain water all day. I don't like flavorings/supplements.

I also prefer plain water to flavored or supplemented...but I am actually quite jealous of that fruit delivery...wish more offices had that, what a cool little 'perk'
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Allons-y!

For the office drones and otherwise, what is your strategy for eating at work? This is mine below.

14012881857_12571e90be.jpg

14012881917_87b857119a.jpg

Since I am trying to swap non-lean mass for lean mass, I re-assigned one drawer in my office just for food and tools. (Screw work... amirte?) This includes the flatware, a stainless-steel shaker bottle, snacks, and other supplements that I need throughout the day.

What are your office hacks?

In for the Doctor Who reference!!!
    I keep a stash of fresh fruit, veggies, greek yogurt and string cheese at work. And a large assortment of teas.
    Geronimo!!
  • Dkaykay
    Dkaykay Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We can order fruit delivered to our office, too - by a local company. Very convenient! I really struggle to keep from snacking unnecessarily at work (when I'm not really hungry - just fighting cravings).