Has anyone tried Juice plus diet?

Options

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    i have started the 2 week detox and my head is killing my back is throbbing my top of my legs are aching but i dont feel hungry, anybody else had side effects and does it get better?

OMG - why would you do this?! Losing weight doesn't have to be torture. It gets better when you give up looking for a magic pill/drink/fairy dust and just eat at a deficit. Sorry you think you need to be miserable. :ohwell: Please reconsider before you do actual damage to your body.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Juice plus what? Cheeseburgers? If it's cheeseburgers, I'm in!

This.

And....
    wce0io.jpg

...this.
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Each shake is about 250 ish calories. 2 of those plus a small evening meal and you will be WAY under your recommended calorie deficit for your size. Stay away from diets which treat all people as the same individual. You calorie/nutrition needs will be very different from joe bloggs down the road. Create your own diet to suit you and your needs.

Eat normal food, stay at a reasonable calorie deficit and dont expect massive results overnight. It takes time but the time you spend on all these fad diets is getting you no where fast anyway.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    DetoxGraph_zps6af67182.png

...Or juice.
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Why juice?
  • Jacquit1980
    Jacquit1980 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    its a powder made up with fruit and veg and we make it into milk shakes using coconut milk, you have 2 shakes a day a meal and 2 snacks its not just juicing, i have been told the aches and the throbbing is all down to the toxins leaving my body.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    What? Why?

Holy+****ing+****.gif
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Why why why would you put yourself thru that... Just eat healthy work out your tdee and consistently cut 15% from that. These 'diets' just set you up for failure later.
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Sounds a lot more like your on such an extreme regime that your body is struggling.

The toxins thing is just pure marketing.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    So yes. Massive side effects.

Lol. Thanks for the chuckle!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Ive done a Juice Diet and i experienced the same problems. Right now your body is going through the "shock" stage, since it is so use to eating other foods. When it comes to ANY juice diet, you really need to ease into it. You cannot go from eating full meals one day then juice the next.
    The proper way to do a juice diet is to lower your calorie intake by eating :
    Day 1 =2000 calories
    Day 2=1800 calories
    Day 3=1600 calories
    Day 4=1400 Calories (stop here if you're a guy..Continue if you're a woman)
    Day 5=1200 calories (now woman can stop)
    Once this lower calorie week is completed then you begin the juice diet(: && you wont feel bad...

strong STRONG first post here. Yes you are experiencing the "shock" stage; stage 2 is the "lose muscle stage" stage 3 is "my wallet is empty, credit cards are maxed out" stage 4 "family has 4th of July get together...and they do not invite you" stage 5 "you realize MLM is really BS" stage 6 you come back to MFP and change your username to IIFYM4ME and are loved as a great member of MFP and lose weight and achieve deep inner peace.
  • chicalatina4eva3
    chicalatina4eva3 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

I've not heard of this. Which clinical guidelines is this following?

This is coming from personal experience as well as three dietary nutritionist guiding me.
  • bkk40in2011
    bkk40in2011 Posts: 72
    Options
    Hi, i have tried every diet but never lose that much so friends of mine have started this Juice plus diet and had great results, so im going to try it, i have started the 2 week detox and my head is killing my back is throbbing my top of my legs are aching but i dont feel hungry, anybody else had side effects and does it get better?

If that is the fat, sick and nearly dead detox then yes I did it. 15 days. It gets easier. The leg cramps are a weird side effect but from the juicing. It affects your lower back down your leg. I looked it up when I got it because it was so strange. The headaches are normal too but make sure you are doing all the juices even if you are not hungry.

My results - 213 to 196 or something so great. Did I gain weight back - yes up to 204 because I eventually went back to my old habits. 204 isn't 213 so I was happy. It did make me conscious of things and I noticed my hormones are better balanced from PMS symptoms since then, I had kidney area pain that went away and never came back and a love for some new veggies because it cleared my palate. I also ditched coffee and now am no longer addicted to it. Most days I don't have any.

Takeaway - do it for what it is - a fresh start. Be careful of blood sugar drops - it does make you not hungry. I find the MFP is better at really helping me to enjoy foods and be more active so I prefer that. Dropped 6 pounds in 3 weeks doing this so I feel it works.

Forgot - I also found that I got great joy during my fast cooking food for my family even though I wasn't eating it. Don't know why but that was really fun.

Good luck on whatever you do.
  • bkk40in2011
    bkk40in2011 Posts: 72
    Options
    its a powder made up with fruit and veg and we make it into milk shakes using coconut milk, you have 2 shakes a day a meal and 2 snacks its not just juicing, i have been told the aches and the throbbing is all down to the toxins leaving my body.

OK just saw that this is what you are doing - no this is the not the plan I was doing. Mine was fresh fruits and veggies made into juice so not sure what this program will do.
  • cutehappygirl06
    Options
    Let me know how your juice plus diet goes. I heard that if you stick to the plan it will work.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options

I've not heard of this. Which clinical guidelines is this following?

This is coming from personal experience as well as three dietary nutritionist guiding me.

Right, so none then. Just random nonsense, exactly how it reads.

There are two possibilities. On the whole people are good, so rather than being a qualified charlatan, it's more likely that your 'nutritionist' is just someone that doesn't know what they're talking about.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

You were:

A) flat out lied to;

or

B) told this by someone who has no clue what they are talking about and how the human body functions.

There is no detoxing going on. The aches and the throbbing is basically your body protesting, trying to tell you that this isn't a good idea. You'd be much better off just eating at a moderate deficit - mostly whole foods, if you're so inclined.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options

If toxins were leaving your body, don't you think you'd feel GOOD?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Try hunger and malnutrition.
  • Jacquit1980
    Jacquit1980 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    im feeling fab I have lost 14 inches in 2 weeks so its working for me