Starting C25K abyone want to join me

Options
I am going to start the C25K program on either sunday or monday does anyone want to join me to help keep motivated.

I have tryed to start it before but I always lose motivation. I am wanting some freinds to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable. I want to be a runner like my hubby but I need help staying motivated any takers

Replies

• jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    I would love to but don't have anyone to watch my kids for me so I can run :( I'm limited in what I can do (mainly just the at home dvd workouts). I don't have one of those jogging strollers and they don't have bikes :( I would love to be able to run a marathon for wounded soldiers though.

Good luck. I hope you get a lot of support and motivation!
  • derbygrrl1500
    Options
    I've done the program before, too. I lost about 5 pounds and gained lots of endurance. I climbed Squaw Peak in Phoenix and made it to the top because of the running I'd done in the 2 months prior. I loved not huffing and puffing up a flight of stairs like I'm back to doing, so I definitely want to start Couch 2 5k again, too. And I'd love the accountability of having electronic running partners--last time, I used FB to publish my time so that I could keep a running record for myself. Some days, I just didn't want to do it, though. No one else really knew what the numbers meant, and it was hard to keep at it when I was doing it alone.

How do we tally our daily totals and communicate our progress with each other? I'm new to the site, so I don't know if it has a link for this. If not, do you want to continue posting to this thread or just e-mail each other?
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    derbygrrl1500- we can keep posting on this topic and you can also add me as a freind so we can see what the other is doing.
    We can check in as often as you want or after you workout.

I use to live in Mesa and Chandler so I know all about AZ I lived ther for almost 18 years
  • groucherella
    Options
    I would love to start again.

Steph, care to do week one day one tomorrow at the park?
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    this is going to sound silly--but what are the rules?!!--i can do about 5k on the treadmill at a medium jog amongst loads of fast walking up gradients!--i do about an hour a gym visit on the treadmill approximatyely 3 times a week--25k would mean i would do more visits!
  • sunlover67
    sunlover67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I just started, did W1D1 yesterday. I have walked as my main form of exercise most of my adult life, but running is all new to me. I made it through it. Felt really great afterwards. I'm excited at the thought of "running" a 5k. :drinker: I'll check in after D2.
  • smadag1
    Options
    De1amo google C25k and you can check out what the program is it is just 3x a week and they have it layed out to help you become a runner.

I will probably start tomorrow or monday just depends on how tonight goes
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    I would love to join you! I actually started the C25K today. I haven't run or even jogged for over 7 years, so it was pretty tough. But, I did finish it! My body actually felt ok. It was my breathing that was tough. I would love some support to help get me through this!
  • dana01996
    dana01996 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm starting W1D1 in the morning. :-)
  • shannonichole
    Options
    I started something similar that I found online:

http://www.fit-2gether.com/post/2009/03/27/Run-a-5K-in-8-Weeks-Training-Program.aspx

I figured a 5k would be a great start to my goal of doing a triathlon!

Good luck everyone!!
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in! I started two weeks ago though. Monday I will do W1D3 and am scared out of my mind! Before starting this, I could only run for 15-30 seconds! Weak! Now, I can do 90 seconds, but it's hard, scary, and half way through I am screaming to just quit. :ohwell:
  • smadag1
    Options
    I will start in the morning and after this weekend I know I need it I over did it a little. I can't wait to see the weight loss I will have from doing this.

Hope yall had a great weekend
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I just started it last week and finished Week 1 today. :)

I'm doing it a little modified though since I'm pregnant and so I can't really run right now.

I figure I'll do the program with walk/jog and then add in running once I'm not pregnant anymore.
  • smadag1
    Options
    I am glad so see so mmuch support. I hope yall have great success with your weight loss journey.
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    smadag, I so over it this weekend as well, so discouraging but knowing I am starting W3 tomorrow is definitely the motivation I need to keep going.
  • smadag1
    Options
    thersnoeggs, I really need to work on my eating, but having to feed my hubby and his uncle makes it hard espesially when I am unemployeed and so is hubby, but i am just hoping to be able to work off the calories I take in
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Are you guys running outside or using a treadmill?
  • SarieFitzgerie
    Options
    I started last week, but only got one day in, because it was a pretty busy week, so I'm restarting this week! I'm stoked to see everyone's progress and to get some tips! I downloaded the Couch25K app and I'm going to test it out tomorrow. Should be fun!
  • smadag1
    Options
    Amanda I run outside on a hilly road I live on

I haven't downloaded the app yet because I am not sure if it will work with my MP3 player because irt is not an Ipod
  • cjsimon
    Options
    I started C25k about 8 weeks ago (almost done!) and am running about 2.5 miles at a time! The first week really is the hardest! I never thought on that first day it would be possible to run for 28 minutes without stopping!

Great program, just have to get up and get out there.

I live in a very hilly place too, so I'm always running uphill. It is killer.