Starting C25K abyone want to join me

Options

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Not sure if I wil be able to do W1D2 today because of the weather but I am going to try if it clears up

Always glad to see new people

Great job everyone lets keep up the great work and keep each other going
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    W3D2 in the bag! Like Monday I added an extra 90 second run before the cool down as I didnt like that it was over at 23 min instead of around 25 LOL,

30 min; 1.93 miles--LONGEST YET! mile 1 reached at 15:24
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Went on a 50 minute walk last night on my day off. It was easy too. :)

Week 2 Day 3 today!!
  • smadag1
    Options
    Went for my walk today and got chased down the road by 3 dogs that live in the same house as the one that bit me 6 months ago. The owner came out and chased them down and apoligized for the dogs. She told me that they got rid of the dog that bit me but they got one from the pound that is teritorial and doesn't like dark hared people and does bite . That sucks for me because I am a brunnet and I run the road atleast 3 times a week. The ladiy told me how to get the dog to go away but still it makes me nervous to run the road again.

The strange thing is that as we were talking we started to talk about mny running and how she lost 70 pounds over the past year using B12 and B1. She told me that it can raise your metabolizm. Has anyone ever heard of that?

But I got W1D2 done now I might go back to running at the local track
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Are we still following this thread? I did my first today, W1D1. I did it outside during lunch time. It was nice to be outside even though it was a bit windy.

There definately is a difference running on the threadmill vs outside.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I finished W3D1 today. Quite a challenge for me but I felt great afterwards. :)
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    I am heading out to do W1D3. I have been trying for the last two days to get it done, but my schedule has been pretty hectic. Great job to all of you for getting out there and sticking to it. I will check in later to let you know how it went.
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Are we still following this thread? I did my first today, W1D1. I did it outside during lunch time. It was nice to be outside even though it was a bit windy.

There definately is a difference running on the threadmill vs outside.

Which one do you prefer? Congrats on finishing day 1!
  • smadag1
    Options
    I am taking a couple days off because my knee and foot are bothering me so I will take a couple days off before they get worse
  • theresnoeggs
    Options
    W3D3 is done. So tough, only hit 1.75 miles total...My hips are aching from doing a side step type motion on the wii fit today for my 30 min of free step, but new sneakers did help the calves.

Anyone have any breathing tip? I felt like I could NOT catch my breath at all..
  • jeorwa
    jeorwa Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I do! I did up thru week 8 of the program this summer - and quit before I got to week 9. That was July - and since I live in the south the temps were over 100 and the humidity was over 80% and I just couldn't hack it. It's cooled off nicely outside now, and I'd really like to start back.
    I plan on starting back with week 1 (taking it easy!!) Sat or Sun. I'll add you as a friend!
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    I completed W1D3! It seems to be getting a tiny bit easier. I am a little bit nervous about week 2 but I am also excited. I will do W2D1 on Sunday. I downloaded a podcast to my ipod and it made it a lot easier to follow. I didn't have to constantly look at my watch. I am feeling pretty good now!
  • Kera885
    Kera885 Posts: 59
    Options
    I would looove to start this program with you all. I've always wanted to be a runner, and it doesn't take a lot of time so no excuses this time! I'm going to start w1d1 tomorrow, November 1st.
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i havent ran in a month so i know it will be tough to get started again... ugh. but i will start c25k tomorrow!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    i havent ran in a month so i know it will be tough to get started again... ugh. but i will start c25k tomorrow!

You can do it!
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    I did W2D1 today. I was a little nervous, but it wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be. During the workout I felt great but afterwards I was beet red and a little light headed. Anyone know why that happens? I am glad to know I will be able to handle week 2 pretty well! Happy Halloween everyone!
  • Kera885
    Options
    I tried to start today, but my shins began hurting very badly, does anyone out there have any tips to prevent this? I stretched for about 10 minutes before my run so I don't think that that's the problem. It might be that around my university I mainly run on concrete which is maybe too hard? Should I lose more weight before continuing? I finished it up by walking 2.5 miles so I at least got it in, but I don't want to do something that will end up damaging my legs, any ideas?
  • theresnoeggs
    Options
    W4D1:

Totals:
    32 minutes, 2.12 miles

Mile 1 @ 14:45 min Mile 2 @ 14:55 min, Hitting 2 mile mark at 29:40!!

5 minute runs SUCK! Hard as hell. Had two stop for 15 seconds during each of the 2 five minutes. :(
  • smadag1
    Options
    This should be W2D1 for me but since I am going to my first Zumba class tomight I am going to do it tomorrow and change things around a little

Good work all I can't wait until we all have success with this, I want to say I accomplished something like this
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've done some running off and on through October. My goal has been to finish the C25K for a while now. I restarted the program today.