anybody trying to get 5% bodyfat

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Felipe and im right now around 20% bodyfat trying to get to 5% bodyfat.

I dont want to stay at 5%, just want to get there to know i can.

Im looking for any tips, suggestions, and observations, from people that are in the same goal or achieved it already.

Thanks

Replies

• GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Uh, I'd like to get under 10% but not sure if I can. My body has never had a "low" body fat and seems to be trying to hold on to what's left right now (and there's a lot of it).
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    5%?

Are you serious?

Have you seen pictures of people with that really really low fat percentage?
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Not advisable. Your hormones will tank if you drop much below 10%. But do what you like.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    If you're not doing it for a pro competition, then why put yourself through that kind of torture? Maybe go below 10 percent and re-evaluate.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to some of these people, getting down to that % is not as bad as people make it seem. It is really awesome you're trying to push yourself to the limit, just ensure you don't stay at that low of a % .. I'm sure you know that of course :) I'm gna hit you a FR, because your goals seem similar to mine in some ways :)
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Most that get that low use drugs to achieve those result... At 8% body fat you will look extremely shredded!! You don't look to be 20% in those pics...
  • MSLUC
    MSLUC Posts: 30
    Options
    eat ice cream and enjoy life. lol. 5%, according to MFP blogs is not sustainable. You can get there, but only for a short period of time,( one to three days). Like just before a body competition event. Not a goal to keep long term.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Wow. No.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    No. I am definitely not.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    That would not really be possible for a female. Essential body fat is about 10-12%.
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Felipe and im right now around 20% bodyfat trying to get to 5% bodyfat.

Im looking for any tips, suggestions, and observations, from people that are in the same goal or achieved it already.

Thanks

I've joined this group recently.... they will be running a fatloss comp. starting july, jump on board if you are interested...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/road2shredded/

hit me a FR as well, same goals.... ;)
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I would probably be dead at 5%. :drinker:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    That would not really be possible for a female. Essential body fat is about 10-12%.
    Also, a function of age.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    My first reaction is are you trying to turn into a steak that is so lean it would be too tough to eat! As was said unless you are training for some competition there is no good reason to do that to yourself unless you are trying to prove everyone wrong that it wouldn't hurt you. Why ask when you'll do what you want anyway?
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You are talking body building competition where there is almost no fat left in your body. This is a lifestyle not a goal you add to your day. This people have nutritionists, coaches and physicians to help them achieve that goal and probably a lot of steroids.

Sounds like something you just spit out of your month but if not, good luck!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,719 Member
    Options

Thanks
    My standard approach was: Low carb, high protein, moderate fat diet, 12-16 weeks long, an hour of moderate cardio (back then it was a stationary bike) a day, lifting for about 2 hours a day and the last week was a carb depletion/carb up process. I did it to compete, but my best was only 7% body fat.
    5% is attainable IF you're willing to do what it takes to get there.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    5%?

Are you serious?

Have you seen pictures of people with that really really low fat percentage?
    Well the guys that do it are ripped to shreds. It doesn't last but a day though.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Not advisable. Your hormones will tank if you drop much below 10%. But do what you like.
    So true. That's why natural bodybuilders have a much harder time attaining single digit percentages.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    If you're not doing it for a pro competition, then why put yourself through that kind of torture? Maybe go below 10 percent and re-evaluate.
    Probably the same reason someone runs a marathon or does and Ironman competition...................to challenge themselves.

IDEA Fitness member
  • fcgfit
    fcgfit Posts: 10
    Options
    I m we people sometimes do foolish things but i believe once i get there i will know what it is like and how does it feel. Like a said i do not plan on staying, but maybe if it suits my lifestyle i will. But i will only be able to decide once i get there.

For anyone that are under 10% how does it feel.?????