70 pounds lost and still going! (with pics, need advice)

Options
sfrisch
sfrisch Posts: 17 Member
Hey MFPers!

Here are my results for far:
5'5"
SW: 230
CW: 159

These pictures were taken 2 months ago at 162ish. I'm looking for opinions on what I should set my next goal to be. I am trying to get a feel for what weight I should/could maintain. What do you guys think? Ladies in my range - what weight do you think would suit me?

PS I know normal BMI for my height corresponds to weight of 150 or less but I'm looking for more of a personal answer based on these pictures and my previous history.

Thanks!!

2zxxulj.png

d5oo0.png

2a4p8cj.png

10rlans.png

Replies

• RosiePosie1832
    Options
    First off let me say congratulations!! You look fabulous! Looking at your build I don't think you want to go under 145 lbs, but I also think you look great now and could stop now... but since it seems that you want to keep going maybe set a goal of 10 lbs and see how that goes, how you feel, look etc. Do you have any fitness goals you could focus on? Like a 10km race or something?
  • moronicbliss
    moronicbliss Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! Our stats are very similar. I started at 230 and have since lost 75 pounds. I'm 5'4 and now weigh 155. My next goal is to lose 20 more, to put myself at around 135. I think Rosie got it right when she said you could totally stop now and feel great about the way you look or push for ten more. You look fabulous! Congratulations on your weight loss!!
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Have you considered weight training?
  • sfrisch
    Options
    Thanks for your replies! I am working towards a 10k (actually, ran 6 miles for the first time today!) I have been doing some weight training and lots of squats. Any areas you think I should concentrate on?
  • xToTsx
    xToTsx Posts: 16 Member
    Options

I agree. You look great. You could definitely stop losing weight and start losing inches.
  • gcbma
    gcbma Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I think you look fabulous!! Gives me hope :)
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look really good. I've had two kids and stretch marks and loose skin are a part of me now but you don't have to worry about that so I say why stop now?

I think you should start focusing on weight training. You have lost weight but once you start lifting you will see your body truly transform. Once you replace soft and tender with hard sexy muscle you won't be disappointed. But this is my opinion because when I look at other women's body I believe that the lean built ones are sexier, it's all about what you think is beautiful.

You've come very far and I think with that kind of determination you can achieve anything. Good luck!
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! I agree maybe strength training instead of worrying about the weight on the scale.
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    More weight training, less cardio , you are so luckily you have a lovely shape....well done.
    Make sure you eat enough protein...
    Added you as a friend as want to watch your progress.
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options
    How are you feeling about the change? Do you feel energetic, lighter, happier? Just curious :)
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! And are where I am trying to be. Great job!!! Seeing you helps me realize I can do this!
  • sfrisch
    Options
    How are you feeling about the change? Do you feel energetic, lighter, happier? Just curious :)

I more energetic and it's more fun to be active! But it's difficult to judge myself in a mirror because I still feel like a size 20 sometimes.
  • sfrisch
    Options
    More weight training, less cardio , you are so luckily you have a lovely shape....well done.
    Make sure you eat enough protein...
    Added you as a friend as want to watch your progress.

Thanks for the advice. Why do you say less cardio? I agree, need to add more weight training...not sure where to begin! Any tips?
  • Sara2652
    Sara2652 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You look great!!

I'm also 5'5 and started out around 220. I'm afraid my belly will never get flat like yours what have you been doing?
  • sfrisch
    Options
    You look great!!

I'm also 5'5 and started out around 220. I'm afraid my belly will never get flat like yours what have you been doing?

Gee thanks! I lost the weight slowly so I think that helped. I have a little loose skin and of course some stretch marks that maybe you can't see in the picture. I didn't do anything particular for my tummy other than occasional ab exercises.
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Great job! Amazing progress.
  • AKNMHunt
    AKNMHunt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I would very much love to look like that. If you are happy with your body as it is now, no need to keep pushing. If you feel you want to keep going, keep on keepin on. You look fantastic! Good luck with what you decide!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options

I agree. You look great. You could definitely stop losing weight and start losing inches.

I'm with these guys.
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    awesome job..you look great keep up the fantastic work...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!