70 pounds lost and still going! (with pics, need advice)

Options

Replies

• MicheleWE
    MicheleWE Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'5" and at 158 lbs and I sure don't look like you do, if I did I would be a happy girl indeed! I think you look great, and as everyone else has said, you could stop if you want to. I am at a place that I feel like if I don't push now I may not ever have a chance to see what I am capable of and I want to know. I want to finish (I don't really think there is a finish) and know I laid it all out there. If you feel like that then go for it. As stated before weight lifting will cause changes that are all good.
  • Jasson2014
    Jasson2014 Posts: 1
    Options
    Great job
  • amrelmesery
    amrelmesery Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great good , you look great
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Im 5'5
    Sw 203
    Cw 160
    Gw ? 140-147

I've lost 43 lbs since 1/1/14, with another max of 20 to go.
    You look fabulous, well done!
    I unfortunately definitely have more to go, as I still have a very flabby belly.
  • paydenandrileysmomma
    paydenandrileysmomma Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You look amazing congrats. This is my exact goal, 165. I am 5'5'' also but I am wide in the hip area and back when I was still in the military 165 was perfect on me. Like someone else said I think you shouldn't go below 145. You look great and have done an amazing job!!
  • judy17051
    judy17051 Posts: 6
    Options
    You look great. Congratulations! I am 72 and really struggling to lose even the smallest amount. I have a lot of loose skin hanging down, so at this age I don't think there is any hope of my skin tightening up. Oh well, will cover the ugly skin with longer sleeves, and be grateful that I am healthier than when I started out. Cannot exercise because I am handicapped. That is one reason the weight does not come off very fast. Keep up the good work.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    You look great. At 5 foot 7 my goal now is to weigh 150. I find everyone's bodies are different though. When I was 150 I was a size 6 so I am going by that as well . Focus on the tape measure now and not the scale
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep with the weight training and I think you'll be very happy with the direction that takes you!
  • jallforme3
    jallforme3 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    We look similar--I actually weigh more than you right now, but I might have a bit more muscle and tone, which could explain the difference. The ideal weight for me is 145 pounds! Ultimately 140 would be amazing; but I would look very tiny. I'm 5'5 as well---so I would say shoot for 145. Congratulations on all of your hard work!
  • LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Your shape is very nice. I'd say another 10 pounds and then add some weight training but this all depends on how you feel. If you feel content with where you are then stop losing and start firming. I've lost weight in the past and I'm like you in the sense that when I looked in the mirror I would still see the fat person. I've learned it takes times to change not only losing weight but seeing myself in a different way than what I became accustomed to. Great job! Good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    In answer to less cardio, check out you tube eat more to weigh less, excess cardio.

This only applies if you are wanting to gain muscle and have trouble hitting your calories but still an interesting watch. This lady knows her stuff.
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Nice work! We're the same height, with similar body types. While I'm about 10 pounds heavier than you right now, I have been down to 135 before, and felt I looked really boney...not sure what my body fat was then (20years ago), but I was much leaner than I am today, did a lot on weight machines. I've felt my best anywhere between 140 & 160, depending on what was going on in my life at the time. My current goal is 146, which should be about a size 8. I find that currently, focusing on getting to where I can do a 5k by end of summer is a good motivator for me...aiming for a 10 minute mile. My future goals will focus more on strength training, as I have super wimpy arms and would ideally like to be able to do pull ups, handstands, etc...mostly just to know I can do them:)

Good luck with the rest of your journey, and feel free to add me as a friend:smile:
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Wow, you've done an amazing job and look fantastic, I'm sending you a FR as I'd love to follow the rest of you're journey, also have a peek at your food diary to see how you've reached your goals.
  • xmusicloverr
    xmusicloverr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My gosh you look so good. I can't wait til I get down to the size you're at right now. But if I had to suggest a size, I'd say 130-ish. I've heard that's the healthiest weight for that height
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Holy crapnuggets, I'm envious of your belly! :)

I think you looked grand at your higher weight just as you look grand now. And just as grand as you'd look with 12% BF and ripped. As much of a copout as this sounds, you need to do what's right for YOU. If YOU like the look of a lower body fat, more ripped look, rock it. If you are freaking thrilled about how you look now and are happy, then rock it!

You're gorgeous at any size, love! :)

PEE ESS:

Congrats on the loss! :drinker:
  • Orwell89
    Orwell89 Posts: 1
    Options
    Great job.. Be proud you look fantastic!:smile:
  • deannc1
    deannc1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You look stunning! What an inspiration you are. Thanks :drinker:
  • yafashelli
    yafashelli Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to tell you how beautiful your new figure is! :):flowerforyou:
  • katsak2006
    katsak2006 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am in the same spot you are in. I lost 60+ pounds after my 3rd child and am a bit lost on what is next. Trying to drop another 10 lbs I don't think is the right answer. I need to build muscle to firm up and hopefully slim down in the waist area. BUT HOW? I am not sure how many calories to eat to do this and am afraid of gaining. If you have any tips, please share. YOU LOOK GREAT!!!
    Katie
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I agree with what's been said so far. I wouldn't suggest losing more than 10-15 lbs extra, but definitely start working on toning and bulking a little. You'll notice a much bigger difference that way than you will from losing more weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!