What is the last thing you ate?

What is the last thing you ate and why?

I ate a plate full of cherry tomatoes and snap peas covered in tuna salad.

Why? I'm doing low-carb for a pinup contest at the end of the month and wanted to lose some belly fat before then.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Broccolini, cauliflower and pasta covered in bolognaise. Because it was dinner :)
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Vanilla/chocolate ice cream sandwich. Because I have a sweet tooth, I like to cap off my dinner with some dessert, it fit my macros, and I can lose fat even while consuming sweets/carbs (you can't target fat loss from any one place in the body, neither with any specific exercise nor with any specific diet or dietary restrictions - it's all about the number of calories).
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Baked potato with eggs scrambled with garlic and fresh basil.

Mostly because its cheap, tasty, and easy to quantify calorically.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    (you can't target fat loss from any one place in the body, neither with any specific exercise nor with any specific diet or dietary restrictions - it's all about the number of calories).

Sheeeeet...I lost three inches around the waist in less than a week. Whenever I've just done reduced calorie and exercise it was never that drastic. I know, I know...low carb is super controversial and trust me, I know it isn't good for a long-term thing. But unfortunatley I'm all about instant gratification (part of what got me in this mess to begin with) and I just want a smaller waist on the 31st for that pinup contest. I already have a major hourglass figure (even as overweight as I am) and I want it to be even more exagerrated for that. Pinups are known for that small waist and voluminous hips and rack...and I'm super competitive...I want to ROCK that contest and win! I know, I know, it will backfire the second I go off it but that's me in a nutshell. Super self-destructive. :grumble:
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Wheetabix because breakfast.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Cottage cheese and a pot of mandarin segments, for breakfast.

Because I need lots of calcium as I'm nursing a broken ankle, and that's one of my 5 a day in the bag.
  • jtm4210
    jtm4210 Posts: 108 Member
    Sandwich comprising two slices of 50/50 bread, 5 slices of wafer thin honey roast ham and (un-breakfasty!) half a tbsp of burger sauce. Had a hectic early morning so needed a breakfast I could shove into a bag and eat at work...
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    green asparagus with low cal hollandaise. because breakfast.
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Lemon Chicken Salad with Feta and a coffee.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Porridge. It was breakfast.
  • Just ate a handful of Almonds. I'm at work, and my stomach called out to me to put something in it. Almonds did the trick and they're very healthy too.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    Dinner - brown rice & quinoa and meatballs in a tomato based sauce.
  • chloeealicee
    chloeealicee Posts: 204 Member
    Wheetabix because breakfast.

snap
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    beef casserole, baked potato with butter, steamed beans and roasted carrots.

oh blast, forgot to log the roasted carrots.
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    18 grams of granola muesli. Felt like snacking and nothing else in the house. Also, I love granola.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Gyros... goodness of chicken breast, cucumber, greek yoghurt, garlic and red onion, wrapped in a big pita.
    I deserved it after my run. :D
  • Zolita
    Zolita Posts: 34 Member
    Banana and custard low fat yogurt and a satsuma for breakfast. I was too lazy to cook lol
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    (you can't target fat loss from any one place in the body, neither with any specific exercise nor with any specific diet or dietary restrictions - it's all about the number of calories).

Sheeeeet...I lost three inches around the waist in less than a week. Whenever I've just done reduced calorie and exercise it was never that drastic. I know, I know...low carb is super controversial and trust me, I know it isn't good for a long-term thing. But unfortunatley I'm all about instant gratification (part of what got me in this mess to begin with) and I just want a smaller waist on the 31st for that pinup contest. I already have a major hourglass figure (even as overweight as I am) and I want it to be even more exagerrated for that. Pinups are known for that small waist and voluminous hips and rack...and I'm super competitive...I want to ROCK that contest and win! I know, I know, it will backfire the second I go off it but that's me in a nutshell. Super self-destructive. :grumble:

Going low-carb can result in a pretty dramatic drop in water retention, which can create the illusion of fat loss. But hey, if it's for a competition, and it's working for you (bodybuilders go low-carb before competitions to achieve the same effect), and you know you might have to change tactics down the road, but you're going to rock the pinup look in the meantime (which is awesome btw :love: ), then :drinker:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member

Going low-carb can result in a pretty dramatic drop in water retention, which can create the illusion of fat loss. But hey, if it's for a competition, and it's working for you (bodybuilders go low-carb before competitions to achieve the same effect), and you know you might have to change tactics down the road, but you're going to rock the pinup look in the meantime (which is awesome btw :love: ), then :drinker:

There you go! I guess I just misspoke. I should have said "trying to reduce belly circumference" not "belly fat". And thank you for the kind words of encouragement.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Raspberry jelly filled powdered donut because I could. Worth it? Not really, kinda stale donut.

Edited because it kept changing "donut" to " do it" and I forgot my reason which I don't really have.