Bio-Oil - Stretch mark/skin miracle!!!

Options

Replies

• abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am excited. My hubby and I would like to have another baby when my 1st turns two years old. That means I would get pregnant in June. I have a feeling it might be this month though, I am a fertile-Myrtle!
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    So does it help with cellulite and does it firm up skin too?
  • cwjett
    cwjett Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i bought mine about 2 weeks ago and i have been applying twice a day, haven't seen any difference yet, i'm putting it on my c section scars too.

I am going to stick with it for at least the 3 months to see if i notice anything!!
    I got mine at walgreens for 9.99
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

No, it is an oil that help the skin heal and stay hydrated. The only thing that helps cellulite is exercise!! Cellulite is the way that fat collects under your skin - it either collects in sheets or clumps. Clumps = cellulite, so basically you have to reduce the amount of fat cells in your body to reduce cellulite. Go back and read Shorerider's post from sunday on fat cells. Great reading!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

No, it is an oil that help the skin heal and stay hydrated. The only thing that helps cellulite is exercise!! Cellulite is the way that fat collects under your skin - it either collects in sheets or clumps. Clumps = cellulite, so basically you have to reduce the amount of fat cells in your body to reduce cellulite. Go back and read Shorerider's post from sunday on fat cells. Great reading!

I think, to a certain extent, that if you are genetically programmed to have cellulite you will, and if you're not, you wont. Case in point, I have it on the rear and back of the thighs, and am 7 lbs from my goal. My lovely mother, who is quite over weight does not have it. Neither do many of her relatives. My baby daughter, who is slim for her height, has had cute little cellulite dimples on her bum since she was a few months old. She doesn't have the "marshmellow joints" like many cubby babies, but she has cellulite! Go figure!!!
  • pmkelly409
    Options

I think, to a certain extent, that if you are genetically programmed to have cellulite you will, and if you're not, you wont. Case in point, I have it on the rear and back of the thighs, and am 7 lbs from my goal. My lovely mother, who is quite over weight does not have it. Neither do many of her relatives. My baby daughter, who is slim for her height, has had cute little cellulite dimples on her bum since she was a few months old. She doesn't have the "marshmellow joints" like many cubby babies, but she has cellulite! Go figure!!!

I agree, i have no cellulite, never have, but I definitely have fat! I didn't want to say it for fear of people blowing raspberries at me!! I have the perpetual belly pooch instead - had it since I hit puberty! and my thigh have ALWAYS rubbed together!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Bump 'cause I need to look into bio-oil!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I have completely forgotten about this stuff.
    It's sitting in my bathroom shelf. Used it twice and just haven't bothered.
  • ttaghermann
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I have stretch marks that are 11years old and I hate them I am going to do some internet searching to see if I can find "bio oil" in my area. Thanks!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    So -- any testimonals to add on as some times has passed?
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yay! I am so glad it is available in Canada =o)
    Is it very pricey??
  • evjazz
    evjazz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bio Oil is a Walgreen's product, you can find it by the skin products section. It usually costs around $12, but you can find it on sale often for 9.99. Great product I use daily on my skin, it fades scars and actually helps heal faster. I use it on my face at night before I go to bed, love it!!!!:drinker:
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone is still using it and liking it.
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone is still using it and liking it.

I still use it - not as regularly right now because I need more sunscreen in the summer - but i use it 3-4 days a week and it definitely works. I see a difference in my complexion after just a few applications. I don't use it for stretch marks as others do - I don't have any! i use it on my face for blotching, age spots and general skin damage.
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    I'm gona get me some today, Thanks for posting the good news I'll let you know how it works for me.

Mary:bigsmile:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Testimonial update...

I guess I'm around 2 months in, and while I have not used it completely faithfully, it WORKS!!!! I had two babies in less than 2 years, and gained a whopping 60 lbs (only 5 of those left to go), so you can imagine what's going on here... the bio oil seems to have really helped with the skin tone and stretch marks (tummy and breasts). :noway:

I wore a bikini all week at the lake, and felt good (although if some of you have high standards, I might have frightened you - but I'm just workin what I got!) :wink: :tongue:

I say give it a try... to my fellow Canadian MFPers, it's on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart this week for $10.99!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    About 3 months ago I got a horrific case of poison ivy....2 rounds of steriod shots and 30 days of steriods before it cleared up and I had horrible blotches on my entire body from it. After waiting about a month for the blotches to go away (the doctor said they would fade within 2 weeks) I went and got some Bio-Oil and used it for 1 week and my skin returned back to normal. I am now using it on a daily basis on my hands and face and just love what it does. This is one product that actually does what it says it will do. Thanks to whoever first started the post on Bio-Oil. :smile:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Testimonial update...

I guess I'm around 2 months in, and while I have not used it completely faithfully, it WORKS!!!! I had two babies in less than 2 years, and gained a whopping 60 lbs (only 5 of those left to go), so you can imagine what's going on here... the bio oil seems to have really helped with the skin tone and stretch marks (tummy and breasts). :noway:

I wore a bikini all week at the lake, and felt good (although if some of you have high standards, I might have frightened you - but I'm just workin what I got!) :wink: :tongue:

I say give it a try... to my fellow Canadian MFPers, it's on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart this week for $10.99!!!
    Lookin' FABULOUS girl!!!!
  • AJCM
    Options
    Testimonial update...

Lookin' FABULOUS girl!!!!

Hahaha! Thanks!!!
    :wink:
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    A question for anyone who's using Bio-Oil...

Has anyone else noticed the hairs on the areas where you're applying Bio-Oil for your stretch marks, etc. have been getting darker?

Ever since I started applying Bio-Oil to my stretch marks on my inner thighs, thighs, and my tummy, I've noticed the hairs have been getting darker and more noticeable. I'm really worried because I don't want to start waxing or shaving the areas, that'd be too much trouble for me, but the dark hairs are so embarrassing. :embarassed: