Pet Peeves

Options

Replies

• Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    People who tell me how I feel. "You must be tired" "You're acting like you're hungry" Screw off, if I wanted to let you know how I felt l I'd clue you in.

When someone offers me something, I decline, and they respond, "are you sure?" Did you not freaking hear me, I said no thank you. I don't need to explain myself to you, I don't freaking want it. Satisfied?

When a stranger tells me to smile. Once again, why don't you mind your own business. If I wanted to smile, I'd smile thank you. Maybe I should tell you to get a job and stop shopping at K-mart, how does that feel?

When a guy is hitting on me and calls me "ma". "Hey ma', you're looking pretty today." First off, I don't have children, I'm not your mother, and do I look old enough to have children? Are you looking for a mother figure as a potential partner? Are you assuming that because I'm a woman that I must have children? How about this, I'm going to call you *kitten* only because you have one, I'm going to assume you are one.

Alright, I'm done ranting :)
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    How about this, I'm going to call you *kitten* only because you have one, I'm going to assume you are one.

LMAO:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Can I borrow that one?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Ooooooo, have I got one I think we ALL can agree on:

Sabotagers!!! I can't stand people who purposely try to reck your healthy track! You know these people... you eat dinner with them and when you choose to have grilled chicken with veggies they throw in a sly comment like "what's up with the rabbit food?" or "O' are you trying to be good?". I hate it when people draw negative attention to the fact that you are trying to eat healthy and feel beter about yourself! SO ANNOYING!!!!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    people who cross the street slower than a snail
    people who cross the street when it is not their light
    smacking
    kids who have no respect for others
    My BIGGEST-my husband always having to show his goods or make jokes with it:explode: :mad: :angry: :grumble:
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    Disrespectful kids
    People who are rude and inconsiderate
    When people are late all the time
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Here's more. People who say ax instead of ask. Are you kidding me!!! Learn to pronouce the word!

People who spit. EEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!! That is just so gross!!!!
    [/quote

People who say "credik" instead of credit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That drives me insane!!!!
    And when wearing flip flops they don't pick up thier feet. ]
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    My BIGGEST-my husband always having to show his goods or make jokes with it:explode: :mad: :angry: :grumble:

this reminds me of another one. men you are dating that honk your boob in public. hello! it's my boob, not your toy. also flicking nipple while we're at dinner or something. sounds sexy, but totally not, it's embarassing and makes me feel like an object.

i second the playing with their weenies. have you ever seen the movie "waiting"? for about a year after that movie my ex would try to "goat" me every chance he got. not funny. lol.
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options

:laugh: OMG - Are all men alike or what? For some reason they think the world revolves around their balls!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

:laugh: OMG - Are all men alike or what? For some reason they think the world revolves around their balls!

:laugh:

And fart jokes are the pinnacle of humor. :tongue:
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

kinda related to the 'one-uppers' - those that talk so much they don't remember that they have already told you a particular story! and I am too nice to say "you told me that yesterday".
    [/quote]

*wait a minute, what about when you tell them, you already told me that and they still finish the story!?!?!:laugh:
    *people who put others down cause they're miserable, i see it with my kids (5th & 6th grade teacher here) and i holler at them only to see grown adults doing it too . . .hmm. . . .:cry:
    *when i spill my drinks on myself, since i just did that while trying to type! i have officially adopted a straws only policy, which helps but i still manage to spill on myself!?!?!? :grumble: no wonder why i'm not married yet!! lol
    *people who do not listen to what others have to say because they're so busy thinking about the next statement they are going to make.
    *people who are lazy!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm on a roll! Guys who wear they're pants sagging. How would they like to see a 54 year old fat woman (me) sagging? huh? I'm always just so tempted to do it too.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    CHRIX!!! MOM!!! HOW FUNNY!!! I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE HERE! lol

Do you find it ever so funny that we both said we hate clothes that hurt??? LOL

ANYWAY!!! I'll add you as my friend. I'm simply under "Princess Laundry."
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    CHRIX!!! MOM!!! HOW FUNNY!!! I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE HERE! lol

Do you find it ever so funny that we both said we hate clothes that hurt??? LOL

ANYWAY!!! I'll add you as my friend. I'm simply under "Princess Laundry."
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options

-long lines at wal mart...why do they only have two lines open after 10??:huh:

I have one to top that one....

At my local Wal Mart, they won't do returns after 10 pm! I went in there at 10:02 to exchange my daughter's shoes for the right size, and they wouldn't do it.

They said if they did it for me, they'd have to do it for everyone!:grumble:

I would have said, "Now that's more like it! What a great idea!" :laugh:
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    When I see a guy with saggy pants, I just tell them, "Hey!! Don't you know crack kills???" and 9 times out of ten they sheepishly hitch up their pants.:embarassed:
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options

-long lines at wal mart...why do they only have two lines open after 10??:huh:

I have one to top that one....

At my local Wal Mart, they won't do returns after 10 pm! I went in there at 10:02 to exchange my daughter's shoes for the right size, and they wouldn't do it.

They said if they did it for me, they'd have to do it for everyone!:grumble:

I would have said, "Now that's more like it! What a great idea!" :laugh:

I did say something to that effect, and the lady got snippy with me. Then I said, "So you mean to tell me...a 4-5 time a week customer...that I just drove 30 minutes down here for nothing??" She said, "Pretty much".
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Another peeve...

I'm annoyed that my posts keep coming up as double! That is really bugging me, and I can't delete the extra one? WTF?
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    sorry, this my second post on the topic . . . oh well . . . someone put it down as their pet peeve, i dare ya :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

anways,

*how i let people treat me sometimes
    *waiting (i hate waiting for anything!)
  • tlitzner
    tlitzner Posts: 124
    Options
    When I am out with someone and they talk on their cell phone. It's one thing to answer and quickly resolve the call, it's another to sit there having a 20 minute conversation while I am sitting (or standing) there like an idiot.

And people not holding the door open when there is someone (me lol) following behind them.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    men who don't open doors for ladies! - chivalry can't be dead yet.
    I'm kind of an English grammatical snob. When people end a sentence with a preposition (the most commong being "at") is the one thing that just cringes me. or when someone says lay instead of lie or good instead of well...those types of things. adverbs get me.

but thats just me being an English nerd.