Women: What's your fav thing in your beauty routine?

Options

Replies

• _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options

And of course watch the sun. Being tan is a great thing but not if you look like a leather bag at 40! lol I embrace my pale complexion! :laugh:

This!!

Fake it all the way :laugh:

Yes, there's too many alternatives out there that are much safer for your skin. I worked for a few cosmetic surgeons, aside from surgery we did a lot of skin care and skin corrections. I can't tell you how many women who were teens in the 70s say they wished they knew then what they know now about sun tanning etc. Sun is great but like everything it can be abused and used in excess.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Chapstick. I have big lips, I can't live without Chapstick.
  • jenschroll
    jenschroll Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Sleep, water, and tinted all-in-one moisturizer. :happy:
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Water, My Clarisonic and Rivtalash
  • SarahNicoleW94
    Options
    I have quite sensitive skin and am prone to break outs. always struggled with finding a foundation that wasn't thick and gloopy.
    I found clarins skin illusion foundation was amazing! so light and easy to apply :) also my skins completely cleared up!
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I like dry body brushing every week before a shower-when I remember to do it haha, and if not I also reallyy like Frank coffee scrubs, they smell amazing, it's fun and I noticed a visible difference in my legs appearance, cellulite, and softness after only a couple of times using it!
    considering it's all the rage on instagram I thought it was going to be a bit overrated, but it wasn't! I'm about to get some more to see if it helps my stretchmarks on my tummy too, they faded for a while but they're a bit more visible now with weight loss for some reason :|

After I body brush and shower I put on some rosehip oil on my elbows, knees, stretch marks and any scars, and I really like Sukin soothing body moisturiser which is all natural ingredients as well.

Also I have a Foreo Luna I've been using daily for 6 months, but honestly I'm not sure it's all that.
  • _Lovely77_
    Options
    Water, My Clarisonic and Rivtalash

How do you like the Revitalash? Use to sale that and the Latiesse. Most of our patients though liked the Latiesse more.
  • _Lovely77_
    Options
    I like dry body brushing every week before a shower-when I remember to do it haha, and if not I also reallyy like Frank coffee scrubs, they smell amazing, it's fun and I noticed a visible difference in my legs appearance, cellulite, and softness after only a couple of times using it!
    considering it's all the rage on instagram I thought it was going to be a bit overrated, but it wasn't! I'm about to get some more to see if it helps my stretchmarks on my tummy too, they faded for a while but they're a bit more visible now with weight loss for some reason :|

After I body brush and shower I put on some rosehip oil on my elbows, knees, stretch marks and any scars, and I really like Sukin soothing body moisturiser which is all natural ingredients as well.

Also I have a Foreo Luna I've been using daily for 6 months, but honestly I'm not sure it's all that.

Oh, I should try this dry body brushing. Sounds awesome
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    definitely squats and deadlifts.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I have the Neutrogena version of the Clarisonic, and it makes a big difference in the appearance of my skin.

Aquaphor (made by Eucerin) is a great moisturizer for the eye area.

Specific makeup products I like: L'Oreal Magic anti-redness primer (I use it under my eyes to correct dark circles), Benefit eye bright (put some on the inner corners of your eyes in the afternoon when you start to look like you want to murder people), Clinique lash-doubling mascara (way better and about $10 cheaper than Dior)

Also, Curel foot therapy. Moisturize your feet, y'all. Seriously.
  • embrace_the_darkside
    Options
    gurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl

im 2 fab 4 makeup
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    There are so many products that I can't start my morning without. My skin type is very dry and pinkish and my hair is very straight and fine.

Face: I obsessively use Blistex Medicated all day every day. For facial moisturizers, I haven't found anything that works better than Skin Drink by LUSH. For setting/finishing off my makeup, I always use BareMinerals Mineral Veil in Light or Fair (can't remember which... I have it autoship through amazon). My favorite concealer is Maybelline FitMe concealer. I keep one in my purse and one with my makeup. It's great for the undereye/highlighting.

Hair: For heat protection, my top two products are Beauty Protector's Protect and Oil for the tips of my hair. It's pretty expensive. A more cost-effective product I use when I don't have the aforementioned is Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-In Cream (I think it used to be called Leave-In Conditioner).

Nails: Butter London's Top and Tails (topcoat and base coat). Every manicure. Every time.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Eyeliner. It's the one thing that can take me from "You look tired today" to "Hey, you look great today!"

I'm not sure why it makes such a difference, but apparently it does, based on the comments I receive.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Kinky Curly Knot Today Conditioner/Detangler
    Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power Cream Wash
    Cerave Face Moisturizers - the SPF 50 one during the day and the one in the round tub at night.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Moisturiser and nice smelling soaps. And blowdrying my hair when I come from the shower otherwise it's all lanky. Other than that, all my hair needs is a brush! I'm quite lucky that way
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Burts bee's lip balms! I just cannot live without it....
  • _Lovely77_
    Options
    During the winter when my skin starts to get really dry thus break outs happen, I use pure coconut oil (yes the kind you cook with) put it on my face and body after a shower and cover what I can, long sleeves, sweat pants and socks and go to sleep then rinse in the morning. It's amazing and it has antibacterial properties so it deals with break outs. Literally the next morning it's like my skin changed over night. Good for hair too.
  • FitWithWit44
    FitWithWit44 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStoMExZI7dwTQW9pH2x1yQFCFnQaQWGGFcXuc0lttdViA_CWldAQ
  • _Lovely77_
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStoMExZI7dwTQW9pH2x1yQFCFnQaQWGGFcXuc0lttdViA_CWldAQ

Eww you got butt hair. Shall I call ya dingleberry?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    My absolute cannot-go-without is moisturizer. I love Burt's Bees carrot day crème.

I am all about the sleep, drinking water, and moisturizing, but I very rarely take off my makeup or wash my face before bed LOL. I just wash my face in the AM. I've been wearing full-on makeup since I was 9 yrs old and haven't had any problems (now 37)...my mom is the same way, she is 63 and never washes her makeup off and her skin's lovely. Not saying you shouldn't...just saying it's not the end of the world for some people if they don't!