Bye Bye 100 pounds!!

Options
My journey started on October 20, 2008. I started at 330.8 lbs. At first I just changed my eating habits, I didn't start exercising until May 2009, and lost 25 lbs. Once I realized that no more weight was coming off, I started with Jillian Michael's 30 day shred for about 3 days (haha). I could hardly move so I rested for a week. I slowly started integrating other biggest loser workouts and then I discovered Exercise TV ON DEMAND. That channel has seriously been my savior as I can't afford a gym membership. Once I hit 50 lbs lost in October of 2009, I stopped. Literally, I stopped everything from that point throughout the entire holiday season. January 4 of this year, I weighed in at 291, meaning I'd gained back 10 lbs. Fabulous.

I started off this year walking my neighborhood in the evenings, then I migrated to the park trails and started jogging a tiny bit, then when it started really getting warm out, I reconnected with Exercise TV and discovered Leslie Sanson walking workouts. I have literally walked 100s of miles with that lady and even own 2 of her DVDs (5 mile fat burning walk and 3 mile bootcamp). I still do the shred every now and then. Also, about 3 months ago, my husband resurrected our bicycles and I have become seriously addicted to mine. I now workout about 5-6 days a week, unless my monthly friend is in town. I try to stick to my foods as best as I can and discovering MyFitnessPal a couple months back has really made me accountable for what I eat and I LOVE it.

My breakfasts usually consist of oatmeal (with berries and/or cinnamon & splenda) and 1 cup of grapefruit juice, lunch is a frozen healthy choice meal (lowest sodium content I've been able to find), snacks are either a handful of almonds, banana, yogurt, or an apple with natural peanut butter. Dinner is usually either chicken or fish with veggies and brown rice. Or if I'm feeling lazy, I'll have a bowl of some healthy cereal with lowfat milk and maybe a yogurt or carrot sticks depending on my food diary and what I'm lacking for day.

And now, onto some pictures!

On October 18, 2008, I was a bridemaid in a wedding:

5113261964_0250be46e3.jpg
DSC00115

This is me today in the same dress:

5112042311_4990ca322e_m.jpg
. 5112048051_c300469022_m.jpg

and my absolute favorite pic from this transformation. I dubbed this my "before" pic when it was taken, and I'm glad I did ;)
5112613977_8eb9d49bde.jpg
102410e

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!