What time do you weigh yourself...

Options

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,019 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't think it matters so long as you're consistent with the time/day of week. When I weigh in, I'm looking for the change from week to week.

I don't think it matter either- but whatever you do stick with it.

Weighing in the morning doesn't suit me, I weigh aprox weekly, after tea, in the evening, wearing a nightie.
    It's not even always the same day of week but I don't think that matters.
  • DeeBerning
    DeeBerning Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the morning... and twice a week. I weigh on Mondays (knowing this keeps me a bit more honest on the weekend) and on Thursdays (to make me more aware of what I am going to do on the weekends)--can you tell the weekends are my week time? LOL
  • lauraleetomas
    Options
    Morning on Mondays...before brekkie..butt naked! best way.....:D my scales measure muscle, bmi the lot ...:D
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning. Naked. After I pee...before I shower (or put on gym clothes).

This ^^ and if I can manage a duece, I'll do that too before hopping on. :laugh:
  • michaelsmith2000
    Options
    Always first thing in the morning, after going to the bathroom, and before shower. I weigh myself three times for consistency and take the average and record it. Then after shower, I weigh myself once to verify my weight.
  • Always_Belle
    Always_Belle Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Every morning after waking up. I write it down every day. I have these 'journals' where I write the day, my weight, my calories in and my energy out every day. I also write things such as TOM (sorry guys), if I'm traveling, on vacation, had a kiddie function that required me to not eat my usual or kept me from working out. All of these things tie in to keeping me accountable and staying at goal.
  • glenelliott5872
    glenelliott5872 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    S_ _ _, Shower, Shave, Weight
  • MeowSkull
    MeowSkull Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning. Naked. After I pee...before I shower (or put on gym clothes).

Ditto! I weigh when I'm as empty as possible :)
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options

Yup, same here... and before I take my AM supplements with a full glass of water and drink my 2 cups of coffee. :drinker:
  • moparjer
    moparjer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Same here!
  • 1974lynnette
    1974lynnette Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Every morning, after the bathroom & shower. I don't get discourged if the scale doesn't move from day to day. Just seeing that I'm consistent makes me feel good about the day before & I know the scale will move eventually.
  • fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Friday evening when in from work will be my slot again (Restarted yesterday). I just want consistency and a schedule.

Weekly I do a checkin and record:
    weight, bmi, body fat% (from scales, doubt accuracy but ball park is okay if consistant)
    blood pressure and pulse (to see if drops with weight loss - 115/70 atm so nicely average)
    Measurements of neck, waist and stomach (for overall picture)

Thinking of doing a photo this time as well but hate my photographs.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Wednesday morning after my workout. Long as it is done at the same time/day, you should get an accurate reading. There will be ups and downs, so don't get discouraged.
  • BobRaffaele70
    BobRaffaele70 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mornings...two or three times a week. I don't have a set day but I do like to weigh myself after a solid workout the day before.
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I guess the answer is..............!!!!!!!!!!!! MORNING NAKED AFTER PEEING!!! Love that everyone loves those comments hahahaa
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Saturday morning around 7AM, naked, post-pee, pre-shower.
  • ryannsmom921
    ryannsmom921 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Mornings between 8-8:10. After my shower but before I'm completely dressed. So basically I walk around in my underwear until I weigh myself. I have a bathrobe, but never bother. Ehh, I'm sure my neighbors love it. :)
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    In the morning.
  • suryamurthy0576
    suryamurthy0576 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you are using a electrical impedance monitor , then it is best to weigh atleast 12 hours after exercise and atleast 4 hours after a heavy meal. So this is normally the evening of the rest day.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    In the morning after pee before shower.