Movie Scenes that Make you CRY Every Time!

Options

Replies

• runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Up when the wife passes and pretty much the whole movie!

Life as a house, when the dad dies a and they finish the house and give it away. :-(
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I... I can't explain why
    But every time I watch click I end up crying
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    urgh - the first 10 mins of UP for sure

The funeral scene in My Girl

When Mufasa dies in The Lion King...

Argh
  • indignantgnome
    indignantgnome Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Monsters Inc., when Sully has to let Boo go home. Gets me every time.
  • socomary
    socomary Posts: 52
    Options
    When Sally Fields starts venting anger after the funeral in Steel Magnolias.

When the two sisters, Celie and Nettie (Whoopi Goldberg and Akosua Busia) finally meet towards the end of the movie in the Color Purple.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    The end of Marley and Me. OMG I can't watch it without bawling!

+1

What's worse is watching it with your then 6 year old when it finally dawns on him that his beloved Lab, Onxy died and yes we put her in a hole in the ground.

He knew she died but I don't think it dawned on him until we watched the movie and he saw marley get buried.

I can still hear him now, Mommy, Mommy did you and Daddy put Onyx in a hole just like that when she died?!?!

Said with such panic and grief it was horrid!!!
  • wpwarrior88
    wpwarrior88 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Passion of the Christ
    What Dreams May Come
    Paper Clips
    (Audio Book) Cry No More - I can empathize with the character and have listened to it a dozen times easily!
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Couple of scenes from the same movie.
    When Cameron Diaz's character flips out because the father snuck their daughter (who was dying of cancer) out of the hospital in My Sister's Keeper. I can only imagine the desperate feelings of a mother in that moment.

When this same girl looks out at the ocean and then up at the sky and closes her eyes like she's saying it's OK for God to take her. Nothing is spoken but so much is said in that moment.

And when she gives her mom the album she made and then comforts her mother saying it's OK even though she's the one dying.

I cry like a baby.
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie... Incinerator scene from Toy Story 3. I think I took it harder than my lil girl... :sad:

2mouibb.jpg
  • StarvingInSuburbia
    Options
    All the deaths in Harry Potter 7, especially (SPOILER) Dobby's.
    The end of Marley and Me
    Les Miserables

I cried SO much at the BOOK of The Fault In Our Stars... Movies make me cry more than books. Oh no.
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    The end of Marley and Me. OMG I can't watch it without bawling!

+1

What's worse is watching it with your then 6 year old when it finally dawns on him that his beloved Lab, Onxy died and yes we put her in a hole in the ground.

He knew she died but I don't think it dawned on him until we watched the movie and he saw marley get buried.

I can still hear him now, Mommy, Mommy did you and Daddy put Onyx in a hole just like that when she died?!?!

Said with such panic and grief it was horrid!!!

Oh that would be heartbreaking. :sad:

We had to pause when we watched it with the kids because everyone was crying so hard.

A lot of the same: Beaches, Ghost, Up, Hunger Games (Rue's death), My Sister's Keeper (ptetty much the last half even though it wasn't as good as the book which I bawled my through too!)

And if I need a good cry...West Side Story every time. :sad:
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    A Walk to Remember- When Landon goes and thanks his estranged father for providing private health care for his girlfriend Jamie who's dying of leukemia.

The Last Song-When Ronnie's dad passes away while she plays the piano for him.

Ps. I love you-That movie just made me cry in every scene lol
  • 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    "My Sister's Keeper" when Kate dies. Every. Single. Time.

But pretty much any movie scene where children die.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    and... when Bambis mum is killed, and the poor little mite is running around frantically bleating 'mother, mother'. god I'm filling up now!!

Yeah, this
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    The only one I can think of right now that hasn't been mentioned already (e.g. Up, The Lion King, John Q, Castaway, etc.) was the scene in "Bolt" where he thinks that the girl's going to die in the fire and he crawls under her arm to die with her rather than leave without her.
    bolt-2008-movie-review-ending-penny-fire-john-travolta-miley-cyrus.jpg

*Edited to add pic
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I would have saved money and just used a bullet a LONG time before marley and me got sad...

The beginning of Rocky Balboa gets me
  • juhnell2610
    juhnell2610 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    In "Warrior" when Tom Hardy and his brother have to fight in the cage. Tom's arm is obviously broken but he wont stop fighting because he's angry at his brother. When it finally ends he collapses on his brother and cries saying how sorry he is.

Love this movie and it gets me every time.
  • beckylou66
    beckylou66 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I cry in every movie... all of the above if I have seen it! Everyone makes fun....
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    When John Coffey dies in The Green Mile :sad:
  • at_night_bookstore
    at_night_bookstore Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    the end of "back to the future" trilogy... coz the greatest movie saga ever ends
    and every year i watch it for christmas, i cry coz i realize ive become waaaay ooold...