My girlfriend said I have Moobs :-( Help please!

Options

Replies

• swertyqwerty
    swertyqwerty Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm a woman and from your pic I don't think you have moobs at all.
    You are actually thinner looking than most of the non-ripped people I know.
  • He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I would obsess about anything the GF says. I find I get along SOOO much better with my spouse if we just refrain from talking to one another all together.

Hahaha!!!! This made me laugh out loud.

My DH had a bit of a moob situation and that didn't stop me from marrying him. When I finally decided to change my diet and exercise routine, he benefited from the healthier lifestyle changes too. Moobs are gone! Now he's the hot one. :laugh:
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    You want a strong core and a nice chest...pushups are the way to go, youll gain lean muscle without looking bulky.

"Looking bulky"? Has that ever been a real concern of any man in the history of...uh...ever? That he would wake up one day and find himself "looking bulky"?

[don'twanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.gif]

Don't lift because... you'll look bulky... and looking bulky as a man... is bad? You can modify push ups in various ways to make them more difficult, but just banging out standard push ups isn't going to do much of anything. Also, WTF is lean muscle? Perhaps you meant a lack of muscle?
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    She is hot and sometimes you need to hear it as it is. It definitely was a wake up call.

In my cousin's neighborhood they have this saying and they don't hesitate to use it.

"You ain't that hot!"

:drinker:
    I would go here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

You can do this!

^finally an answer!

I would go there too op^

I bet your girlfriend is hot. I bet she secretly thinks you are too. :heart:
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    A. Dump girlfriend (that's rude!)
    B. Lift and eat healthy
    C. get new smoking hot girlfriend
    D. Revel in your awesomeness..

A & C are optional... B&D are not.

:drinker: :smokin:

Amen!
  • dapperd2014
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I have been climbing lots and doing a kettlebell and body weight workout at home and am feeling good about myself going into my 40th :-)

I am going to keep going now as I have the momentum but the comments here really helped. I didn't dump the mother of my child as I thought that would be a bit much from a fair enough observation :-D
  • dapperd2014
    Options
    I guess next it is the love handles - how do you shift them?
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Get your body fat down through calorie reduction and exercise. Lift weights.

That should do the trick, but if you still have moobs after that, see your doctor to have your Testosterone and Estradiol levels checked.
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    A. Dump girlfriend (that's rude!)
    B. Lift and eat healthy
    C. get new smoking hot girlfriend
    D. Revel in your awesomeness..

A & C are optional... B&D are not.

:drinker: :smokin:

AGREE! Tee Hee!
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Dump her.
  • IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER
    IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I agree and I am a female. . I think that's horrible to say that to u...and if it were u insulting her she would be devastated and most women would tell her to leave she deserves better.. The relationship doesn't sound healthy God forbid u put on 100 pounds then what would she call u.

Quote.. I agree with his comment
    (If the genders were reversed in this scenario, there would be a dozen women advising her to get out of this toxic relationship ASAP...

...so I guess I'm just in to see if this thread goes the same way.)
    [/quote]
  • IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER
    IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I agree with his comment. .. and I am a female. . I think that's horrible to say that to u...and if it were u insulting her she would be devastated and most women would tell her to leave she deserves better.. The relationship doesn't sound healthy God forbid u put on 100 pounds then what would she call u
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    To all the people telling OP to dump his girlfriend…. quit being so sensitive. All she said was that he has moobs. It's not that serious. There are worse things she could've said.

OP: Good news is you don't have to be stuck with moobs forever (even though you do not look like you have moobs in your profile picture)!

Well, first I should ask you this: do YOU want to make a lifestyle change to get rid of these so called moobs?

If yes, clean up your diet and start weight training. By lowering your body fat, your moobs will disappear! :drinker:

If not, tell your girlfriend you are happy with your current body and don't feel as though you have anything to improve.

ETA: I'm assuming your profile picture isn't a photo of what you currently look like if you have 132 more pounds to lose.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    I guess next it is the love handles - how do you shift them?

Run a caloric deficit until they melt away. As was pointed out way earlier in the thread - the handles will be the last to go. But you really have to run a deficit to attack all of the subcutaneous fat (the stuff you can pinch) and visceral fat (can't see it) that is in and around your organs. The love handles suggest that you still have more fat to shed before they can disappear.

Nail down a pound of weight loss a week until it is gone.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with moobs? As long as you don't need a bra for them I don't get what the problem is.

There is a different in appearance from moobs to pecs.
  • KatieHall77
    KatieHall77 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Every human has their faults, so that's that.
    Not something I would say to my DH, especially since I gained unspeakable weight with my son and he never complained once.

We both got more active as my son started getting older so we would all feel better and live longer.

That said, if you both want to focus on health and exercise, a good activity for you both to enjoy together for those areas is any sport that works the upper body. Play tennis, go swimming, anything you both enjoy together. Ask her to help plan some healthy low calorie meals, and prepare them together, the kids too. We had a lot of fun experimenting with recipes and exploring new hiking trails. Establishing a little extra fun activities and nutrition habits is going to lead to a very healthy family. The Last bits you want gone will slowly disappear.
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am finding all this hate amusing. One of the wake-up calls for me was my wife telling me I was getting moobs. A spouse is supposed to be there as our mirror. To see ourselves as the world does. Why wouldn't you want someone close to you to be honest and tell you something before the world does in its usual unkind manner?

OP - There is some solid advice in this thread. I also suggest strength training. I personally do Stronglifts 5x5. If you feel your body has too much body fat, then perhaps start SL5x5 while in a deficit. Get your BF% down, then turn it around in a slight surplus and gain muscle mass. Personally I am right at the stage where I want to end my deficit and start gaining mass.
  • BIGBMF
    BIGBMF Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Simple fix eat 2000 callories a day and screw her best friend.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    You want a strong core and a nice chest...pushups are the way to go, youll gain lean muscle without looking bulky.

where's the line for fat muscles???
    I want to be in that line.

And while I agree if roles were reversed it would be a *kitten* storm- I dont' think it's right. If I was turning into a lard a** and my BF wasn't attracted to me- I'd want to know about it!!! How hurt I would be that he didn't love me enough to SAY something. Rubbish.

you're still going to have moobs if you have a GF or not- work out- take care of yourself. Regardless of what the wominz folk says.

Banging sex life is just a bonus.