My 111-pound weight loss plan, advice?

Options
13»

Replies

• pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this has been said before, but I noticed in your meal plan it said rice OR steamed veg. This isn't a good idea at all, it should be both, or no rice.
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to touch the diet part, everyone else has pretty much hit that. As for the exercise part, working out 7 days a week is not a good plan. Sure you'll be able to keep up with it at first, but you'll find yourself experiencing symptoms of overtraining after a few weeks. Your muscles need time to recover in order to build stronger muscle and build your lean muscle mass. You can totally be *active* for 7 days a week but you should have at least one day of active recovery ( walking, light cardio, yoga, stretching etc.) if you don't want a full rest day. ESPECIALLY if you're planning on lifting heavy and/or doing any sort of endurance training.

Overtraining symptoms include sleep interruptions, WEIGHT GAIN, irritability, fatigue, feelings of weakness, and other nasty things. Personally, I've experienced them myself and have had to learn the hard way how to back off to continue seeing the results that i wanted while having a healthy balance.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Wow

You gained over 50lbs since that last thread two days ago.

Trollololololo :noway:

DAGNABBIT!

My trollometer needs to be recalibrated.

Dave was right...
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    The reason I don't use any spices is the artificial flavors, chemicals, and mostly the sodium, I try to stay as natural and as organic as possible, and I try to stay under 300mg of sodium a day

Wut? If you're buying quality herbs and spices, there's no sodium, artificial flavors or chemicals. You can buy herbs fresh in the produce department, and you can buy spices whole and grind them yourself...but you shouldn't even need to go that far. I imagine there are some really cheap crappy spice mixes which contain artificial stuff, but that's not the norm at all. Look at the ingredients next time you're in the grocery store and go down the aisle with the spices. Nutmeg contains...nutmeg. Paprika is just paprika. Lots of herb and spice blends don't even contain salt. Spice up your food!
  • darkangel45422
    darkangel45422 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    No offense, but I think I would rather be fat than eat such a boring diet day in and day out.

I (for sure) wouldn't lol!
    At the very least, it looks like you need to include more veggies to get all your micronutrients in. They can be very low cal veggies like summer squash, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, etc, in as many colors as you can manage.

this is great advice! I will start getting more volume and variations of veggies
    Also, herbs/spices add very few calories and can make a huge difference in your fish, chicken, and even rice. I definitely would advise investing in some interesting herb and spice mixes. It can help make a boring diet much more exciting.

The reason I don't use any spices is the artificial flavors, chemicals, and mostly the sodium, I try to stay as natural and as organic as possible, and I try to stay under 300mg of sodium a day

You don't have to eat artificial spices - all herbs and spices are natural plants, so just get ones that are only the plant matter, not fake.