One free night a year

Options

Replies

• mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    well considering I am in the lifestyle one free night a year means you need better friends

:drinker: :drinker:
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    I think that one can have sex without being intimate and one can be intimate without sex. There is no such thing as open intimacy.

stop making me like you. :angry:
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    well considering I am in the lifestyle one free night a year means you need better friends

:drinker: :drinker:

*gives the super secret handshake* :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    My opinion: If you're seeking sexual/romantic gratification from someone OTHER than your wife/SO, then you're cheating. I don't care if it's "approved" by the spouse... If you truly cared for and loved your spouse, you wouldn't want to be with ANYONE else.

Disagree. Then again, I don't buy into the idea of being only able to love one person at a time. Just because you love and marry someone, doesn't mean you can't love other people too.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    And this is what's wrong with the world.
  • Platform_Heels
    Options
    My opinion: If you're seeking sexual/romantic gratification from someone OTHER than your wife/SO, then you're cheating. I don't care if it's "approved" by the spouse... If you truly cared for and loved your spouse, you wouldn't want to be with ANYONE else.

No, no and NO.

I love and care for my spouse. I would die without him but it doesn't mean I love him less because I find someone else attractive and I want to sleep with them (provided he finds their spouse attractive as well. It's a team sport)
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I would be for this, if I had not already found the perfect woman. I really don't need a night of disappointment once a year. :smile:
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options

No, no and NO.

I love and care for my spouse. I would die without him but it doesn't mean I love him less because I find someone else attractive and I want to sleep with them (provided he finds their spouse attractive as well. It's a team sport)

Wanting to sleep with another person who isn't your spouse is a lot different than actually sleeping with that person.
  • Platform_Heels
    Options

No, no and NO.

Wanting to sleep with another person who isn't your spouse is a lot different than actually sleeping with that person.

?? Apparently you don't understand my post.
  • TheGreatBeyond
    Options
    I think that one can have sex without being intimate and one can be intimate without sex. There is no such thing as open intimacy.

stop making me like you. :angry:

sorry not sorry
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I'm way too insecure to handle something like that.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    this thread is interesting...it seems to be fairly common to think that having an open marriage means something is wrong with the marriage and/or there is no love there.

there are PLENNNNTY of couples that happily and successfully engage in open relationships, swapping, additional partners, and a myriad of other activities considered nontraditional.

the fact that this is so taboo and equates to not loving the other person is just archaic.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    nah threeways are more fun
  • Platform_Heels
    Options
    this thread is interesting...it seems to be fairly common to think that having an open marriage means something is wrong with the marriage and/or there is no love there.

there are PLENNNNTY of couples that happily and successfully engage in open relationships, swapping, additional partners, and a myriad of other activities considered nontraditional.

the fact that this is so taboo and equates to not loving the other person is just archaic.

^^^ This. A million times this.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

Pretty much this. Monogamy is a social/behavioral construct resulting from the necessarily high level or parental investment for raising human offspring and even in this context it is the exception, not the rule. Monogamy =/= love.
  • TheGreatBeyond
    Options
    Just a little pro-tip: Monogamy is a fairly recent concept for humans. Its also tied to the idea that women are possessions (which is why its MORE taboo for women to engage in poly relationships than it is for men).
  • brando79az
    brando79az Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I threw up a little when I thought about this. Definitely not for me.

Although... If a certain Hollywood actress.... back in her prime came up to me... NO!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Just a little pro-tip: Monogamy is a fairly recent concept for humans. Its also tied to the idea that women are possessions (which is why its MORE taboo for women to engage in poly relationships than it is for men).

Males in non-monogamous relationships (not necessarily just referencing humans here) risk the potential of investing in offspring that do not actually carry any of their genetic material, so these taboos and social structures do exist for a reason. An archaic and entirely unnecessary reason in modern society, but my point was to hi-light that the entire concept of monogamy is the result of evolutionary adaptation and has nothing to do with genuine feelings of affection experienced by two people.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options

Marriage is between two people. Not three, not four. TWO.

If an individual cannot be/does not want to be with one person, there is absolutely no point in getting married.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options

Marriage is between two people. Not three, not four. TWO.

If an individual cannot be/does not want to be with one person, there is absolutely no point in getting married.

This concept of an open marriage is obviously too adult for you to handle