What sound drives you crazy?

Options

Replies

• hummingbrdhrt
    hummingbrdhrt Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The sound of someone brushing their teeth (which is weird because I can brush my teeth and not be bothered by the sound.)
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    ticking clocks, dripping water, people shuffling their feet (ffs pick up your damn feet when you walk)
  • rheannaraye
    rheannaraye Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The sound of someone scraping their fork on their teeth as they eat. It literally shocks me right in the spine and makes me want to curl up in the fetal position.

For that matter, I can't stand the sound of metal on much of anything. For example, sharpening knives. Yikes!!! Just thinking about it makes me break out into shivers.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Clanking dishes. Makes me want to pull my hair out. Slamming doors. Also, the sound of a dying marker on paper. Eeeeek.

Can't forget screaming/shrieking/crying children.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Burping
  • TheGreatBeyond
    Options
    joanna newsom
  • BigDaddyD72
    BigDaddyD72 Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Neighbors dog barking early in the morning wanting to be let in but they are not doing anything about it, and lets the dog keep barking.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    The sound of someone scraping their fork on their teeth as they eat. It literally shocks me right in the spine and makes me want to curl up in the fetal position.

For that matter, I can't stand the sound of metal on much of anything. For example, sharpening knives. Yikes!!! Just thinking about it makes me break out into shivers.

YES!!!!!!!!
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    People who say "Awesome"... 'kin lazy ejuts.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    people chewing loudly usually mouth open
    children whining, crying, talking, being obnoxious in public
    people whistling - a guy was whistling at the grocery store and I could hear him the entire ****ing time I wanted to scream at him
  • slr90
    slr90 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Toothbrush charging up :/ and phone chargers on without a phone attached.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Loud and/or open mouth chewing.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    The loud clomp of some high heels. Love the heels, hate the noise.
  • jaenders06
    jaenders06 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Those loud plastic horns people buy their kids at sporting events or those stupid little plastic trumpets... I always seem to get stuck next to the most obnoxious children with them and parents that don't care. It's very irritating!
  • dashaclaire
    dashaclaire Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Those loud plastic horns people buy their kids at sporting events or those stupid little plastic trumpets... I always seem to get stuck next to the most obnoxious children with them and parents that don't care. It's very irritating!

vuvuzela is the word you are looking for! And I agree. But my number one irritating noise is the sound of my beloved Boxer, Captain, licking his.... um.... areas. Which he would do 15 hours a day if I didn't interrupt him.
  • Onederchic
    Onederchic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have Misophonia so a lot of sounds drive me crazy :/
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    my daughter or any children whining
    my husband snoring
    the beep of a smoke alarm you can't find
    birds at 330 am - i need a bb gun
    really sad kill myself country music
  • jaenders06
    jaenders06 Posts: 63 Member
    Options

vuvuzela is the word you are looking for! And I agree. But my number one irritating noise is the sound of my beloved Boxer, Captain, licking his.... um.... areas. Which he would do 15 hours a day if I didn't interrupt him.

Thank you! I couldn't think of the word. Those things are HORRIBLE to deal with. I refuse to buy my step son one of them because I detest those things. And yea the dog thing is definitely annoying!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    The sound of someone brushing their teeth (which is weird because I can brush my teeth and not be bothered by the sound.)

As a kid, I was like that with the vacuum. It made me really irritable and gave me a headache...but my mom started letting me be the one to vacuum and it was fine.

I still find it VERY annoying when I am shopping in a store and they're vacuuming, though. Although I think the main part of that is years ago working retail when that was considered like a Cardinal Sin to do with customers present.
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Balloons popping.